Another Newbie joins the ranks!

purple chipmonk

Hey guys!

I've been a "Member" (I say that because I've been signed up for a while, yet never actually posted) for a while now, but thought it high time to say a quick hello to everyone :)

I used to play regularly at my local site, back in around 2006 ish, and back then was only a youngen - Didn't have much money to play with, therefor not having much kit. I used to roll with a TM G36C, ONE lo-cap mag and a speedloader! - Aaaah the good times!

I stopped playing around the time the VCRA act and UKARA came to pass and thought I'd treat myself to an M4 (JG) - Great little bit of kit, upgraded spring (M100), didn't touch the gearbox, barrel or hop-up etc - It fired a million times quicker than the G36 though!

Shortly after, I got an engineering apprenticeship, and had to move away for 18 months - Because of which, I was amazingly busy - I totally forgot about airsoft, and it soon became gathering dust. I decided to sell the JG M4 to a mate that also plays at my regular site, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of my beloved (albeit underpowered G36).

So, It's now time I began playing again!

I've just bought myself an ICS L85/Sa80a2  - I fooking love it! (Oh yeah, I'm left handed - And this being a right handed gun, this'll be fun! - Time to learn to shoot right handed I guess :P)

Only upgrade I intend on doing is a SUSAT scope (Does anyone have any recommendations please?) as it's got adjustable FPS, and on it's lower limit, Should be pushing around 330-340 fps, which is the limit for my local site.

I've just bought myself all new Digital Woodland (Marpat) Camo, new boots, vest - The works!

Going with a few mates from work (Who I've only just realised, play at that site regularly) on Sunday! Here's Hoping I remember how to shoot.

PS, sorry about the essay! :)

• 3 months later...

I don't actually own the ICS L85, but I'm considering buying the carbine version. Do you know which one is better between this one or the G&G one. Also, it's the shell ejection that makes it a right handed gun, so you can use it left handed, and at least on one of the models, ICS or G&G i can't remember, the cheek guard is detachable and movable to both sides, making ambidextrous. But yeah, is this gun worth it? I might buy it.

Archived