Dynatec, Dynatex, VTG, BFG - how it works and take down

amateurstuntman

• 2 weeks later...

I've got myself one of the new SWAT vtg and I must say that I'm very impressed with the look and build of it.

The I only problem is the timer seems to be constantly around the 1.7sec mark.

I emailed SWAT and the reply was that this is quite normal and that the delay will get longer with use (pretty quickly).

I've fired it (dry) around 100 times now and the delay is still only 1.7 - 1.8 sec.

I've had the thing apart and the o-ring is in perfect condition.

So....

Can the delay be varied via the bleed valve.?

I tried covering over the small hole in the side of the shuttle but the delay was still the same.

Any suggestions.??

A new (slightly bigger o-ring maybe).

Tony.

Stunt

I have a question, I was trying to think of a good and safe way to carry 9mm blanks in the field, rather than just loose in my pocket or pouch.

From a quick wiki search the bottom of the case seems to be pretty close to the spec of 7.62x39 cartridge, would 9mm rimmed blank fit in a 7.62 stripper clip?

I thought you might be the most likely to know!

Jim

Interesting question.

I've never thought about it before, I don't really reload them in the field.

When I buy blanks they come in a cardboard box, all just crammed in there.  Never had one go off.

If you had them in a slightly tougher box that would protect them from crush damage I think you'd be set.

An altoid tin perhaps?

Stunt,

The issue I have is I only have one BFG

and have to reload not just in the field,

but on the move, I found some nice cases for .38

cartridges on ebay but reloading in gloves on the

move needed something less fiddly.

I didnt have any 7.62x39 stripper clips handy,

but with a slight tweek from my leatherman to widen it a 5.56x45 strip works well.

2013-03-06185214_zps090972a2.jpg

Ah, looks good.

I mainly don't reload in the field because I have three grenades so I use three.

It is the same reason I don't carry loose ammo either.  If I don't have it mags at the start of the game, I don't use it.

Just my way of doing things.

Thank you for the picture though, that is bound to help the normal people who will read this...

Archived