Hawaiianjuggernaunt's EOTech replica review

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a review of hawaiianjuggernaunts replica EOTech holosights found here... http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/207252-holographic-sights-60-freeshipped/   http://www.youtub

Out of nowhere, A WILD PM APPEARED.   LOL

I had a sample of 553s come in, but the QD mount arms were horrid. They didnt work on any Madbull RIS system, and had a slight cant on the rails that they did fit on.  Wildecard just told me it fits f

After going through a few replica sights I just recently got one of these. To start with, it came from Hawaii to Michigan in about three days. That is seriously unbeatable for free shipping. Big props for that. As for the sight, I can only reaffirm what others have said. It's really bright, well built and has very minimal ghosting, which is only really visible if you have it all the way bright and you are in low light conditions. So far this one looks like a keeper for me.

I'm after an EOtech 553 (or an EXPS3-0), so am keeping an eye on HBT for when yours drop!

If anyone knows:

How do these compare to the HurricanE EOtech replicas? Ignoring the obvious price difference of about $100, on a like for like with regards to build/material quality and performance how do these stand up? I've owned the HurricanE 552 and it was fantastic so have no issue buying one of their 553's, but if i can get a same spec sight for $100 less I wouldn't turn my nose up at it!

I had a sample of 553s come in, but the QD mount arms were horrid. They didnt work on any Madbull RIS system, and had a slight cant on the rails that they did fit on.  Wildecard just told me it fits fine on his G&G SCAR, but I mainly run AR systems and I have madbull RIS systems on all of them haha. 

I gotta G&P AK in the mail and so I can test it on that. 

Fits fine on E1 and CA RIS. 

One thing I do know about the HurricanEs is that they have autoadjust brightness. I have been considering getting a RS Eotech and a Hurricane for a comparison video, but $600 would be better spent expanding the product lineup at the moment :P

I am planning on making a torture test video with one sometime. Dropping it on the floor, sand test, water even... Itll be fun. *evil laughs*

-Hawaiian

• Like 1

Got the one I ordered for my buddy; good quality, nice trades, but some ghosting, even on the lowest brightness (shown below). Came in packaging almost identical to the G&P I owned, which had plastic cams on the inside which stripped, but they seem to be nicer quality on Hawaiian's.

imageipvu.jpg

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm one my second one of these as the first had bad ghosting, bad parallax and problems changing to the green reticule.

Josh has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, even offering to replace the sight free of charge (I paid him for posting a replacement though). However, my second one, while better, still has really bad ghosting. The red is noticeable but useable, the green is just a mess. Outside the red is perfectly fine, however indoors the ghosting is quite apparent. Also the second one didn't have the trademarks but tbh that's a cosmetic thing and not something I'm bothered about.

Comparing it to Hwagan's one, it's a whole league below it.I don't know if it's a difference between models as Hwagan has the 551 and I have the 552, but his reticule has no ghosting and great parallax adjustment. I don't know if the OEM is having QC issues or anything, but I'm slightly disappointed.

As said, Josh has been great to deal with and I have no issue with his great service, it's just that the product is a bit of a let down comparing it to the great things I've been hearing in this thread and from what I've seen.

OK, I'm one my second one of these as the first had bad ghosting, bad parallax and problems changing to the green reticule.

Josh has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, even offering to replace the sight free of charge (I paid him for posting a replacement though). However, my second one, while better, still has really bad ghosting. The red is noticeable but useable, the green is just a mess. Outside the red is perfectly fine, however indoors the ghosting is quite apparent. Also the second one didn't have the trademarks but tbh that's a cosmetic thing and not something I'm bothered about.

Comparing it to Hwagan's one, it's a whole league below it.I don't know if it's a difference between models as Hwagan has the 551 and I have the 552, but his reticule has no ghosting and great parallax adjustment. I don't know if the OEM is having QC issues or anything, but I'm slightly disappointed.

As said, Josh has been great to deal with and I have no issue with his great service, it's just that the product is a bit of a let down comparing it to the great things I've been hearing in this thread and from what I've seen.

I pretty much have had the exact same experience as you. Josh has been fantastic to deal with. I ordered a 552 from him and received it very speedily. Unfortunately it had ghosting, parallax, and unevenly illuminated reticule (one side was brighter than the other) issues. The reticule was also tilted ever so slightly to the right.

I'm thinking the manufacturer is having QC issues (maybe they just hired a new guy for QC :unsure: )

Josh has offered to replace it free of change (ex-shipping) and I will be returning mine in hopefully in the next few days when work gets a bit less hectic. Fingers crossed the 2nd one will be much improved :D

I pretty much have had the exact same experience as you. Josh has been fantastic to deal with. I ordered a 552 from him and received it very speedily. Unfortunately it had ghosting, parallax, and unevenly illuminated reticule (one side was brighter than the other) issues. The reticule was also tilted ever so slightly to the right.

I'm thinking the manufacturer is having QC issues (maybe they just hired a new guy for QC :unsure: )

Josh has offered to replace it free of change (ex-shipping) and I will be returning mine in hopefully in the next few days when work gets a bit less hectic. Fingers crossed the 2nd one will be much improved :D

Haha, yeah, yours had more problems than that. on and off when bumped is really not good :P

Yeah and another note on that, last batch I had did have a few sights with ghosting worse than normal. I'm not exactly sure what happened, QC from other batches were better :/

• 3 weeks later...

I have one that a customer broke the adjustment screws on.

Electronics work on it, but with the reticle set up to the sky its not the most usable :P

Ill make a video with dunking it in some water. They are supposedly "water resistant", I've played with mine in the rain before plenty of times without issues. Interested as well as to how it will hold up.

Edited by hawaiianjuggernaut
  • 1 month later...