Need help determining GS MK6 helmet size

Special Ops

I'm looking to buy a British GS MK6 helmet, and I would like to make sure I order the correct size, before having one shipped here to the states. I know in the past that I've worn uniform hats in size 56 that have fit perfectly fine, however my East German Border Guard visor cap (like the one in the picture below) is a size 55 and It's a perfect fit. So I'm going to say that I'm a size 55 and need a GS MK6 helmet that's size will provide the fit for someone who wears a size 55?   

219120_ts.jpg

I'd be tempted to say a size small but if you go for medium, there'd be nothing stopping you fitting a deep LWH pad kit in place of the original suspension. I know a few yanks who have done that in thier Mk6s. I have a size 58 head and I am fairly sure my Mk6 is a size medium (it's in storage at the moment so cannot check) but with the ancient rear pad removed to achieve a somewhat nice and comfortable fit.

Whereabouts in the US are you? We might be able to point you in the direction of someone close by who has one or two you can test the fit of before you go ordering one.

I am a size 57 and my helmet on issue was a medium. I would defianetly say a small for a 55 head.

Thanks for the replies, I know that I worn a size medium US pasgt helmet. Maybe I'll also send an email to the UK company that manufactures the helmet, they should be able to point me in the right direction. 

Archived