tmc gen 3 pants opinions?

Isamu

Some regular players and I are working on a second loadout, based on the USA M65 Woodland pattern so Im looking for an affordable pair of pants with integrated kneepads and the TMC GEN 3 pants seems like a good option for my needs, but I havent seen any of them in the field to asses the overall quality of them.

biggest concern is the elastic fabric around the kneepads and the thought it wont hold as good as the camo fabric. Have any of you used or use these gen3 pants? If you have other similar options for this type of pants, camo and budget, I will be more than happy to hear them

Thank you very much, I will try to post a link when my job PC stops acting funny :)

That fabric is not that elastic. I have compared them against the similar Emerson set, and I would say hands down that the tmc ones are better all round. The tmc ones also have a more generous cut around the *albartroth* and upper legs. Also better fabric and colour for the camo

Thanks, I dont abuse of my gear, so I dont think the quality difference will be much of a difference, I will probably get bored of them before breaking somehing irreparable... BTW, do you know if other kneepads can be inserted instead of the stock ones? I dont really like those plain pads...

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the semi necro, but I recieved the pants yesterday.

I finally decided to get the emerson Gen3 pants in ATACS-FG pattern, I fancied a fancy camo after some team mates got they ATACS so I got these. everything seems fine and well put together, some stitching issues as spected but good enough nonetheless.

Bought a 36 size and recieved a 34, even so it is a bit big in the waist and not too short in the legs. I will probably skirmish it this sunday and see if it is as good in the field as it looks

I have one set of FFI. I trusted them to make a decent woodland pattern, but I'm hesitant about their AOR2. Anyway the set is decent, if light. Quite adequate for summer heat and with correct tones for rip-stop woodland (the winter cloth is slightly differently coloured in the originals too).

dscn3741h.jpg

sf2.jpg

Interested in how these where in a skirmish, look forward to your findings.

Sorry mate, my back killed me sunday morning and I couldnt skirmish... quite ashamed of myself TBH. I expect to play this week or next one and will give feedback as soon as possible

Whats the sizing like on the flash force industries ones.

Sizes are available from x-small to x-large.

The fit seems to be spot on. I ordered a set in size small. Comparing to my old small-regular MCCUU, the shirt fit similar and the pants were perfect for my borderline 32-33 inch waist.

GEN3-COMBAT-SIZE-PHOTO-1000x.jpg

Sorry mate, my back killed me sunday morning and I couldnt skirmish... quite ashamed of myself TBH. I expect to play this week or next one and will give feedback as soon as possible

Been there bud, always get plenty of rest when you have back pain. Best thing for it. Look forward to when you do skirmish with them and how they fair.

• 1 month later...

First skirmish in a loooooong time, sorry for the delay and necro:

The pants worked great, a bit sweaty, but this was a +30º C, so Im not complaining. Pads were a bit rough and my knees were not fully comfortable when hitting the ground while stitching is not as good as the high quality stuff, no surprises there.

Fabric is good, pattern is VERY similar to the real deal, fully adjustable and full of pockets.

Long story short, are these pants worth the price tag? yes, totally, I would even say they are pretty cheap for the price, even as they probably wont last more than a year of heavy use, which is not important for me and probably most of the airsofters as we all like to swap to a new different camo or the new fashion one in the time. I just need them to last until I decide to change, look good and serve their camouflaging purpose, and this patter (even ACM) will camo anyone pretty well

Funny fact: the guy I usually play with use middle/high end gear and he was certainly surprised with the pants. thats a minipoint in my book ;)

Won't last a year?

I have a few pairs of the Gen2s and 3s. My most used pair have been going now for around 18 months. I use them probably twice per month. The only damage (if you can call it that) to them is a bit of the Velcro on one of pads came off. I stuck it back on...

Well worth the money. They are so cheap in fact I have 4 sets :D

I dont abuse of my kit, so I expect these to last me more than a year as I skirmish twice per month, usually less, but after this first game with them, stitching in some places is visibly bad, it will hold together for some time, but I know most people are rougher with their kit than me and play many more days per year than I do (sadly :( ) so I made a rough guestimation.

I agree with you shardick, these are so cheap I will probably buy more sets in the future, and they are much better than the TMC ones

Archived