KJW M700 FPS Adjustability

faramon

So I gave a search and couldn't find anything but I am about to buy an M700, I keep reading in a fair few sales threads that the FPS is 'adjustable' .. is there a way to adjust it (Npas or something similar?) .. or are they essentially just meaning the gas type used?

Thanks guys!

Hi matey, I have a KJW 700, currently sat in a an RS 700 SPS stock...

The fps isnt as adjustable as the Tanaka with its rotary fps adjuster (PCS system?) , but you can adjust the spring tension on the striker very simply.

You need to remove the bolt and loosen a grub screw and use a flat head screwdriver to loosen/tighten spring pressure.

I'll see if I can take some pics later.

Jim

PCSBolt_zps4ccd4256.jpg

Tanaka style bolt with PCS power adjust.

KJWBolt_zps1458f941.jpg

On a KJW you would instead loosen this grub screw and remove 2 flat head screws underneath the bolt.

This then allows you to remove the front half of the bolt to adjust the striker spring tension.

More tension = striker hits valve harder = more power.

DSCF2336.jpg

On propane in summer my KJW M700 ( stock barrel and Nineball VSR hop rubber) it was hitting 650 fps so I had to dial it down a bit.

I'm not really sniping much these days so I'm going to have to thin out my collection at some point!

Jim

Ahhhh perfect! Thank you! :D

I am currently trying t gain the attention of some one on Z1 selling a carbine (milled down barrel) version of the KJW M700 .. he hasn't been on in a week and it was a fairly old topic but if he doesn't get back to me I will probably buy one new or see about a good priced second hand one.

Archived