Comfy way to wear an Safariland 6004

rwoodcock01

I know this sounds like an odd question but I have for the most part carried my pistol with on my rig, or OWB or IWB or using a Serpa holster be it a drop leg or belt/duty drop.

Recently I have had the good fortune to score a Safariland for my TM 1911 with the Surefire 310r clone and another one for my glock 19 with TLR1 light.

Both of these holsters will be worn with the warrior PLB belt and suspenders, however these are the first holsters I have had a little trouble getting used to.

More by feel I have ended up mouting the drop let high on the belt and only using the lower drop leg strap as the other one was to high and felt like it might cause some "issues" in the old Crown jewles department.

So is this the best way to mount the 6004 onto a molle belt? It feels a little "odd" but is more comfy than having drop a wee bit to lower?

Been airsofting a long time but this is the first time I have tried an 6004 holster, there damm well made but I guess I just need to relearn my muscle memory I guess?

I will include a quick picture and training knife and pistol pouch do not restrict quick access to the holster.

Cheers

Rich

img0540zs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The mid ride is indeed the most comfy of all 6004 configurations I've tried.

I however carry my P226 in a G-code attached to a rigid extension and directly to a load belt. It sits slightly higher and there's no need for a leg strap.

i have the gcode with the Mule system, I'll be honest i prefer the leg panel of my safariland but the gcode holster. the drop height is not adjustable easly and te single leg band is not in the right place relative to the weight of the gun. I'll be ordering the regular dual strap leg panel in the future.

This is what I've got

gcode2262.jpg

That and a very rigid padded load belt. I recon that even with a longer extension the holster wouldn't move at all.

Another advantage is that when you crouch, the pistol still hangs down instead of following your leg's direction.

If it's of any interest, I've found my Bladetech dropleg rig to be VERY stable and comfortable compared to almost all of the other brands I've tried, including SERPA and Safarilands... And that's with a big honkin HK USP w/ taclight combo in it...

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Archived