Chest Rig Options

AMC1096

Since Arnies is mostly all gearhores I think this is the right forum to ask this question.

I am in need of a new chest rig. I have had two previous ones, a pantac RRV, and an ATS Slick with padded H-Harness. I have also tried a TT MAV. The RRV padding was too thick, and the ATS slick just felt funny to me. The MAV is just too damn flimsy as well.

Here are some of my specifications:
Must be modular/molle

I need some sort of rear molle panel that runs the full back with molle, I need to attach my polarstar tank/rig,
14-16 mollle rows.

Small enough so I can run a battle belt.

My body specs are 6'2" and 235lbs.

I did some research,  I like the esstac boar, but thats a lot of money. Little hesitant. 

What do you guys like and recommend that fits my specs.

Thanks!

BOAR and Wee/Woosatch are the only things you will find, you are looking for something that hasn't existed in new kit for at least 5 years, your main problem being that you are basically looking for a PC (what the stachs and RRV essentially are) not a chest rig. The only other possibility is looking for something like a 1961AR-Kit that comes with a hydro pouch that clips on the back.

Why not just run a small one day assault pack like an Eagle Yote, that way you can adjust your pressure yourself if needed rather than looking like a tool by asking someone else to do it? Hell back in the days of classics we used to stuff bottles in our pockets or run paintball rigs.

EDIT: we also used to run rigs like HSGI warlords that had clip on hydro pouches and shove bottles in there, you know what, you could get a silverthrone and rock 21 mags for your P*

Thanks. I had another response from a member on another forum. He recommended the boar.

For the backpack that you recommended, I already have a Tactic Tailor Operator Pack.

I'm looking to fulfil the role of DMR/ Scout and running slick, with a battle belt, or low pro chest rig, which is why I want a molle back. Then I can attach a molle tank holder, rather then carry a whole pack. Make sense?

well to me the ability to quickly remove the bottle without getting rid of everything makes more sense, then you can fine tune pressure settings, swap bottles, ect without have to take everything off, or if you switch weapons you aren't carrying around a large bulky Molle pouch and back pannel for no reason.

I used to run LRB'd Asahis and AS4L modified Sun Projects exclusively (The things that were around 25 years before P* existed), so this advice is coming from a knowledgeable background.

I run the ATS Modular Chest Harness with MCH Hydration Carrier. 
So, this http://www.skdtac.com/ATS-M4-Modular-Chest-Harness-p/ats.511.htm paired with this, http://www.skdtac.com/ATS-MCH-Hydration-Carrier-p/1sk.157.htm.

My HPA+Reg goes in the hydration carrier, and my actual hydro bladder lies horizontally in the front miscellaneous pouch that is in the front of the chest harness.

I then run an Emdom-MM CM Belt with some random pouches, pistol, etc - changes depending on the situation.

I'm 5'6" 140 and this set-up allows me to be fairly light weight, carry HPA and water and also use a battle-belt, which, being short, is sometimes difficult with other gear.

How about a Tasmanian Tiger Chest Rig MkII http://www.tacwrk.com/en/tasmanian-tiger-chest-rig-mkii-vest-multicam-64 (vailable in MC, CB, BK, OD) with Tasmanian Tiger Trooper backplate http://www.tacwrk.com/en/tasmanian-tiger-trooper-back-plate-multicam-57 ?

Tasmanian Tiger offers great gear and this combo is in use with German paratroopers (especially in Afghanistan).

• 2 weeks later...

I've worn a OD Flyye WSH for a fight one time, it was very well made (Flyye gear is the best Chinese gear I've tried, really close to my gear made by world known RS manufactures), it was comfortable and fit me well (~100kg 186cm) but I can see it fitting both bigger and smaller people.

I personally don't like integrated mag pouches so that's why I didn't get one, another (really small) issue may be that it's made from 1000D cordura,when it could have been 500D (I'd like for all airsoft gear to be made in 500D, but it's not a great difference in weight so not a big issue).

Archived