2nd Try at Converting Spring SVD to HPA

Paleblue

So a long time ago I came up with a system that allowed spring SVDs to utilize HPA or CO2. I 3D printed parts, drilled into my receiver, and the project failed miserably. The space under the dust cover is too limited, and the valve moved with the bolt. These two facts make it so that there is not enough air volume, forces the HPA hose to be connected directly to the bolt, so it moves with the bolt and looks abeit ugly sticking out. But there's no alternative, and closure on this project would be nice. So here is the new design.

25qejoj.png

So the valve in the center of the cylinder is a WA M4 magazine valve. The spring is not pictured. 

Now my question is, between the firing and the rest phase, will the pressure from the external tank/tablet close the valve? 

If you put the piston on a bounding spring (only applies forward pressure up to a certain point at which only inertia will push the valve open, not spring tension) it should close right up after. Otherwise it can stay open but depends on how heavy a spring is pushing behind it. Also, why not go the Aim Top SVD route? Springer shell, GBB guts (gas in mag) only tap the mag for HPA.

So a long time ago I came up with a system that allowed spring SVDs to utilize HPA or CO2. I 3D printed parts, drilled into my receiver, and the project failed miserably. The space under the dust cover is too limited, and the valve moved with the bolt. These two facts make it so that there is not enough air volume, forces the HPA hose to be connected directly to the bolt, so it moves with the bolt and looks abeit ugly sticking out. But there's no alternative, and closure on this project would be nice. So here is the new design.

25qejoj.png

So the valve in the center of the cylinder is a WA M4 magazine valve. The spring is not pictured. 

Now my question is, between the firing and the rest phase, will the pressure from the external tank/tablet close the valve? 

It will work.  

Pretty much how the nbb cylinder conversions for the vsr10 are designed.

Archived