Yet another complete gun with mags for sale on eBay uk

Baddbaz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reported a Hi-Capa that was up yesterday where the person had split the gun by removing the slide from the frame and was selling both halves.

However the way they had put it was that you were paying for a £90 case and getting the gun free with it, idiots.

'FireKnife'

What if I wanted to buy that one? It's perfectly legal for me to buy a RIF from an UK seller with no defense whatsoever, as the sale isn't regulated on your end and purchase isn't regulated on my end. The only problem is that certain sellers are lazy berks who just don't sell abroad, because *fruitcage* you.

eBay states in its own exclusions that firearms , complete rifs etc are not allowed to be advertised on their website in the uk . Its Ok on their American site though to buy and sell the same items though . Due to the vcra laws we don't need muppets selling rifs to just anyone without checking for a defence / ukara etc

What if I wanted to buy that one? It's perfectly legal for me to buy a RIF from an UK seller with no defense whatsoever, as the sale isn't regulated on your end and purchase isn't regulated on my end. The only problem is that certain sellers are lazy berks who just don't sell abroad, because *fruitcage* you.

Not true in the case of that item, as eBay policy states that the item must adhere to the laws of both the country it is listed in and the country the overseas buyer is from.

So as it is listed on eBay UK it would be taken down as it goes against the rules of eBay UK regarding firearms and RIF/IFs

As for a shop sale, well if they don't want to seel to you ask why, if they give a good reason leave it and move on, if they give no reason or fob you off then just point this out to others and don't order from them.

'FireKnife'

They've definately got extremely lazy on removing reported listings, and the people listing the guns are becoming increasingly lazy in how they do the listings, often advertising in each listing that people can buy the rest of the gun if they bid on their other listings and such!

I'm a fan of selling guns in parts but at least when I do it I make sure the main parts go to different buyers, not simply let one buyer take everything in field stripped form!

I didn't think posting such an item in the picture was against the rules? Such as selling magazines and showing them seated in an AEG as an example?

But then people will just find more and more stupid ways to sell there stuff. And here I thought the VCRA was meant to reduce things like this and other violent crime (just ignore the steady rise it has had in the last five years)?

'FireKnife'

I didn't think posting such an item in the picture was against the rules? Such as selling magazines and showing them seated in an AEG as an example?

Having a complete gun in the photo has always been against the rules, years before the VCRA came in, this is taken straight from their policies page.

Replica or other imitation firearms 

Replica firearms look very similar to real guns. Replica or imitation firearms cannot be listed.

iconAllowed_25x25.gif

Allowed

• Miniature firearms for action figures

• Toy guns that clearly look like a toy

iconRestricted_25x25.gif

Restricted

• Miniature Gun lighters, unless they appear to be full size.

iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed

• Any listing for a firearm accessory which contains a picture of the firearm itself

• Realistic cap guns

• Replica firearms

• Replica Blaster Kits

Interestingly that would suggest two tones are allowed as they clearly look like toys, and an ebay user should technically be over 18 anyway.

Hmm, yet they don't remove listing that show the mag seated in a gun?

Maybe it is another one rule for one (selling a magazine and showing its application) and one for another (if it shows a gun that shouldn't be needed then that is bad).

'FireKnife'

But then people will just find more and more stupid ways to sell there stuff. And here I thought the VCRA was meant to reduce things like this and other violent crime (just ignore the steady rise it has had in the last five years)?

'FireKnife'

"You see, its like a fever, got to get worse before it gets better."

Berks, and people wonder why I have little faith in the human race. >.>

Maybe as they found a buyer without a defence on Zero In in the mean time? :P

Still it is annoying but sadly the stupid and those willing to break rules exist as in this country we have no punishment. As much as I am against the way people are treated in other countries, if you knew the alternative was being stuck in a cramped room with 30 other people with little food you would obey the law too.

'FireKnife'

Archived