• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, and I guess the other bullpup counts too! Silverback SRS-A1 G-Spec with Mancraft SDiK.

GHK AUG A2 (OD) in small, medium, and large. Steel gas block, DevilHunter conversion, Black Widow hop-up unit with Maple Leaf inner barrel and rubber. Commando configuration with cut-down He

Posted Images

A bullpup thread 3 pages deep and no L85s yet?! what is this madness!

To bring order back to the galaxy here's mine!

http://www.foxthreedesigns.co.uk/Maveric/airsoft/DSC_3368_low_a.jpg

Those Type 97s sure do look sweet as though!

That. is. awesome. You just re-inspired me to scope out the ICS models again.

It's always up to choice mate, yours was to keep it stock. Could always chop it down or adapt it to use other suppressors if needed.

its a shadow aug . Expensive , custom from the factory and designed to be silent , accurate and damn rare and very expensive . Why ruin perfection .?

Every bit of that gun is packed with sound deadening material including the silencer top quality internals as well . the rolls Royce of Augs .

Edited by Baddbaz

Why ruin perfection .?

In Pure Silvers case, he finds it too long so shortening it would be better for him. Besides, it's not like cutting it down is gonna affect how loud it is. And why are expensive, rare, silent and accurate reasons not to cut up a gun/gun part to make something truly custom, not "custom" straight out of the factory?

The aug shadow was a 650 pound gun to buy back in the days they were available . The whole gun was soundproofed before the the parts of the body were fused/ glued together . Gearbox was wrapped in sound deadening mesh and foam and matting . Tm and first factory parts inside the gun . First factory tightbore inside a custom made soundproofed silencer barrel . Supposed to be silent / not audible from as close as 5mtrs . Modified trigger/ wiring and contacts to improve response . A very accurate and usable gun and shorter than a standard aug ..

Edited by Baddbaz

I love the rubber sock they put over the motor and the airtight gearbox . Wrapped and tapped and then fibreglass sound deadening around it . They even sealed and padded out the ejection ports to reduce noise . God help anyone who tries to get the gearbox out of one of these . Like the 3 stage trigger circuit as well

Why ruin perfection .?

In Pure Silvers case, he finds it too long so shortening it would be better for him.

Exactly - I think it would look better with a shorter suppressor. Since in my admittedly limited experience 9/10ths of an AEG's noise comes from its gearbox (unless it has a hi-cap inserted, in which case 11/10ths of the noise comes from the magazine), which, as you have already said, was basically suffocated in sound deadening...

The whole gun was soundproofed before the the parts of the body were fused/ glued together . Gearbox was wrapped in sound deadening mesh and foam and matting

...then I would lose nothing by shortening the suppressor of a hypothetical gun that I don't own. Point taken that the Shadow is a rare and expensive gun, but I don't think unscrewing the suppressor and replacing it with a shorter one is 'ruining perfection' - that would be painting 'a cracking pair of knockers' on the Mona Lisa. What sort of rail system does the Shadow have?

It cannot be simply "screwed off". In order to shorten a shadow you'd have to put it on a lathe and cut the outer suppressor jacket, the inner jacket, suppressor foam, shorten inner barrel, re thread the muzzle cap, re thread the inner suppressor jacket. Its quite a bit of work to just reduce the size of the shadow and potentially a large margin of error.

If I wanted a shorter AUG with a screwed on short suppressor id just buy a stock one and build it with an off the shelf short barrel attachment.

Edited by mrsevenstars

Exactly - I think it would look better with a shorter suppressor. Since in my admittedly limited experience 9/10ths of an AEG's noise comes from its gearbox (unless it has a hi-cap inserted, in which case 11/10ths of the noise comes from the magazine), which, as you have already said, was basically suffocated in

...then I would lose nothing by shortening the suppressor of a hypothetical gun that I don't own. Point taken that the Shadow is a rare and expensive gun, but I don't think unscrewing the suppressor and replacing it with a shorter one is 'ruining perfection' - that would be painting 'a cracking pair of knockers' on the Mona Lisa. What sort of rail system does the Shadow have?

That's like buying a Bugatti veyron and then bolting on a set of aftermarket wheels from halfords. !!!

The front silencer is made from billet aluminium and a permanently fitted / part of the gun .

So its not possible to just unscrew it !!!!

It has an outer and inner jacket , soundproofed + a barrel and inner barrel that would have to be cut through . If you wanted a project gun you would just buy a standard aug and mod that .

Edited by Baddbaz
  • 2 months later...

My ICS L85A2

zcig.jpg

I Didn't want to have it looking tooBritish Military:

so i Stuck the wrong FH on (From an M4 i think?)

Avoided the Grip Pod (Regretably I'm considering getting one :rolleyes:)

said no Thanks to the Light/Laser Block and stuck an Ultrafire on (It's second hand & Obviously a Clone of something but i cannot put my finger on what for just now)

Next Steps are:

Find someone to Machine a Couple of Mounts to put a Dr Red dot on the Elcan (Variable Zoom i may Add!)

some of those Fancy looking MagPul XTM's (Black & OD)

Obviously a new Torch Mount

Grip pod (OD if i can find one if not Black will do)

No... Well Maybe.. Yea I was but It was £250 New but i got it for £60 (Gift of the gab and a bit of good old Trotters Independent Trading inspiration helped me get it for so little)

Cheers for the tip I'll have to have a look for them then (Only others I found are for the real thing at $250)