• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, and I guess the other bullpup counts too! Silverback SRS-A1 G-Spec with Mancraft SDiK.

GHK AUG A2 (OD) in small, medium, and large. Steel gas block, DevilHunter conversion, Black Widow hop-up unit with Maple Leaf inner barrel and rubber. Commando configuration with cut-down He

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's my pride and joy. It's undergone a little bit of 'cosmetic surgery' since the last time I posted it online. 

Take a W.E L85A2 GBBR. Saw off the front end. Acquire a G&G 'AFV' front end. Apply a liberal use of hammers, harsh language and eventually the skills of a well trained professional airsoft-tech and this is the result:

33930822185_844f48c5b7_z.jpg

33545437350_7407be7a5e_z.jpg

It works fairly well, although my next step will be working on the internals to try and improve the performance to get something that's a little less likely to fling rounds off in random directions... 

I wouldn't say it was overly difficult, the biggest problem was removing excess material from the G&G parts.

G&G AFV sub-assemblies required: 

L85-C-09 (The front, outer barrel, mock gas parts), L85-C-10 (top cover, mock gas parts). L85-C-11 is optional, it's just the flash hider. If ordered direct from G&G, they are supplied fully assembled.  

L85-C-09-2 is the actual front end. 

Spare WE L85 #40 and screws #149 (x2) may be useful. 

Removing the original outer barrel, gas block, #40 etc - not too difficult, just a case of undoing a few screws and it all slides out. C-09-2 slides into the vacant space, but won't stay in place and blocks the safety. However, getting C-09-2 to fix into place was beyond me - I lacked the necessary tools. From memory of what the tech and I discussed, our solution was:

The lower edges of C-09-2 needed cutting down (fair amount of work with the dremel), to fit over the WE's Safety. 

WE #40 needed cutting, all the material above the screw holes needs to be removed. Parts C-09-2 and WE #40 then get fixed together. This then allows the new front end to be screwed into place in the upper TMH. 

Looking back I see that there are a few things that we could have done differently, but what we did works, and I am more that satisfied with the results. That said, if anyone could recommend any hop-up and inner barrel replacements/improvements I'd be very appreciative of it. 

Edited by blind_marksman

I wouldn't say it was overly difficult, the biggest problem was removing excess material from the G&G parts.

G&G AFV sub-assemblies required: 

L85-C-09 (The front, outer barrel, mock gas parts), L85-C-10 (top cover, mock gas parts). L85-C-11 is optional, it's just the flash hider. If ordered direct from G&G, they are supplied fully assembled.  

L85-C-09-2 is the actual front end. 

Spare WE L85 #40 and screws #149 (x2) may be useful. 

Removing the original outer barrel, gas block, #40 etc - not too difficult, just a case of undoing a few screws and it all slides out. C-09-2 slides into the vacant space, but won't stay in place and blocks the safety. However, getting C-09-2 to fix into place was beyond me - I lacked the necessary tools. From memory of what the tech and I discussed, our solution was:

The lower edges of C-09-2 needed cutting down (fair amount of work with the dremel), to fit over the WE's Safety. 

WE #40 needed cutting, all the material above the screw holes needs to be removed. Parts C-09-2 and WE #40 then get fixed together. This then allows the new front end to be screwed into place in the upper TMH. 

Looking back I see that there are a few things that we could have done differently, but what we did works, and I am more that satisfied with the results. That said, if anyone could recommend any hop-up and inner barrel replacements/improvements I'd be very appreciative of it. 

Hop-up and barrel wise, I'd recommend a mapleleaf delta or decepticon rubber in 50deg hardness, paired with either a mapleleaf or Angrygun inner barrel. If going for the angrygun barrel make sure it's the old style cut, not the new WE specific cut.

Hop-up and barrel wise, I'd recommend a mapleleaf delta or decepticon rubber in 50deg hardness, paired with either a mapleleaf or Angrygun inner barrel. If going for the angrygun barrel make sure it's the old style cut, not the new WE specific cut.

Many thanks, much appreciated! :)  Although I think I might go for one of the harder rubbers, as I'm planning on using 0.28 rounds, and I'm lead to believe that the harder rubbers are better suited to heavier weight ammunition. 

Nope. Harder rubbers seal better, but softer rubbers grip more. Heavier BBs work better with softer rubbers, but higher air pressure seals better with a harder rubber. In an AEG, which has only a small lip to seal against the nozzle, this can be a major concern.

The we/TM gbb rubbers, however, will never experience blowby because of their long, thick sealing section. As a result, using the softer rubbers is fine.

• 2 months later...