• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, and I guess the other bullpup counts too! Silverback SRS-A1 G-Spec with Mancraft SDiK.

GHK AUG A2 (OD) in small, medium, and large. Steel gas block, DevilHunter conversion, Black Widow hop-up unit with Maple Leaf inner barrel and rubber. Commando configuration with cut-down He

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More or less done externally, waiting for another outer barrel (short) and a flashlight to arrive so I can have a cqb setup but that should be it. Used a URX keymod rail section for the top and side rail. Not perfect as it was all hand made but I'm happy with how it turned out :)

aug.jpg

Edited by Tarr
  • 2 weeks later...

More or less done externally, waiting for another outer barrel (short) and a flashlight to arrive so I can have a cqb setup but that should be it. Used a URX keymod rail section for the top and side rail. Not perfect as it was all hand made but I'm happy with how it turned out :)

aug.jpg

How did you make the frame the rail sits on?

• 2 weeks later...

I took a 2 mm thick aluminium plate, cut out the shapes and epoxied them together. Here is a pic of the cutouts laid out in the order they were glued together in:

20170902092210hdr.jpg

And one of a test fit on the reciever:

20170901191954hdr.jpg

Awesome I am doing something similar and looking for ideas on what to do, I took a JG AUG A2 and chopped the rail off with the intent on making an A3.

what kind of epoxy did you use?

Awesome I am doing something similar and looking for ideas on what to do, I took a JG AUG A2 and chopped the rail off with the intent on making an A3.

what kind of epoxy did you use?

I used JB weld. To be honest i would have done it a bit differently now -  thicker material and less parts mainly. Maybe for the next one. :)

It's solid when it's all glued and bolted together but a bit of a pain to keep from bending when working with individual parts. Also if like me you only have hand tools available its a bit of a pain in the rear to get everything nice and square with this many parts. If I were to do this again i would have taken two 8mm blocks and just fiddle around with a file untill i can get them to sit together on the prongs left on the receiver. If you have someone with even a hobby cnc machine this would probably be childs play to make.

If i can help you out with any more info on this feel free to PM me, wouldnt want to spam up the thread too much with this :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to use this for CQB and still have the option to use it outdoors too by changing to a longer outer barrel.

Freely admit mate I saw this and almost did a small vomit in too the back of my mouth it’s such an abortion !

But as Sheryl Crow said “if it makes you happy , it can’t be that bad” me personally ? Yes it is that bad !

But again as long as you like it who gives a s**t !

Rock on my friend !

• 2 weeks later...

AUG A3

AUG A3

AUG A3

For all intensive purposes... It is done.

Externals are all set now, minus what optics and such I will use. Most likely an EOTech replica or my elcan replica, and the small side rail will get a flashlight. I'll post pictures up once I have it all together.

Edit: One external piece is yet to be correct.... The charging handle. Can't find a true A3 charging handle. Oh and I still need to attach the front sling point.

As for internals (which weren't in the gun at the time of the picture being taken)....

13:1 ZCI gear set

Core double O-ringed nozzle

M110~20 spring

R-hop'd 407mm 6.02 Barrel

The internals were out so I could swap the cylinder out of the gearbox, this was originally my secondary gearbox for my other AUG when I didn't want to use it as a DMR, so I need to swap from a type 0 to a type 1 cylinder.

Edited by Mike Obrien
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

GHK AUG A2 (OD) in small, medium, and large. Steel gas block, DevilHunter conversion, Black Widow hop-up unit with Maple Leaf inner barrel and rubber.

ypcFHbz.jpg

Commando configuration with cut-down Hephaestus steel outer barrel and Best Gun steel flash hider.

8JegYat.jpg

StG-77 configuration with Best Gun steel outer barrel extension and flash-hider.

hiLSS76.jpg

HBAR configuration with Hexagon Production steel HBAR outer barrel, bipod and flash hider.

PrNqeDh.jpg

• Like 5