so im looking into buying my 1st gun

xXLucidXx

alright ive been lookin at the airsoft guns for quite a while and just ended up with enough money to get one now

ive played competitive paintball for about the past 6 years and i need a break from xball and the other tournaments so i know about the velocities and air dynamics of how the balls travel.

i do however have a few questions about these guns and how everything with them works before i spend 300-400 into one

im looking at the ICS M4 A1 Ver. 2

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-ICS-M4A1CARB.htm

the questions i have are

1. if i spend this much money on a gun is it gonna have a toy feel where if i bump into something worry about breaking the stock on the gun, i want the feel of a real gun or as close as possible

2. what kinda range are we talking with these little 6mm pellets, im firmiliar with the distance of paint shooting at 290fps and around that so is it about the same or do the pellets get carried further or the wind blows them off course super easy

3. is the above gun a good gun, reliability problems anything like that?

im just worried about spending 300 on the gun, getting it and it feels like a toy from walmart that shoots 30 feet and makes some noise

so post away with any info at all, thanks in advance everyone

The ICS m4 is the single closest thing to a real steel weapon in airsoft today.

It does not feel like toylike AT ALL, it's a heavy beast of a thing, and a US mate of mine who's handled mine and a real steel was initially confused as to how I'd got hold of an armalite until I showed him the mag :)

It's very accurate to about 30 metres or so, and you can score skirmish worthy hits at 40 metres easy, and that's with the gun's stock spring. Upgrades can increase this.

They are built like tanks, reliability wise. Mine has been dropped, bashed off walls, and fallen down a flight of staris and it still kicks.

Get one. You will not be disappointed.

To some ICS guns are the holy grail of airsoft. I hanvt seen many complaints about ICS guns. I belive they are full metal? If so it will feel like anything but a walmart toy. do a little more research for review on the gun and see what owners have said about them.

1. if i spend this much money on a gun is it gonna have a toy feel where if i bump into something worry about breaking the stock on the gun, i want the feel of a real gun or as close as possible

2. what kinda range are we talking with these little 6mm pellets, im firmiliar with the distance of paint shooting at 290fps and around that so is it about the same or do the pellets get carried further or the wind blows them off course super easy

3. is the above gun a good gun, reliability problems anything like that?

im just worried about spending 300 on the gun, getting it and it feels like a toy from walmart that shoots 30 feet and makes some noise

so post away with any info at all, thanks in advance everyone

1. The ICS M4s are full metal. This makes them very strong and heavy. I personally own a CAM15A4, which are similar - I don't worry at all about damaging it since it just feels so solid. Arnie when reviewing the M15A4 said that the gun could be clamped horizontally from the flash hider without any damage - that is quite impressive and I don't think the ICS M4 is going to be too different.

2. Since you come from yankyland, you'll probably want to upgrade your gun, so you will be firing a bit further. Stock it will fire at around 330fps and this is good for an accurate shot out to maybe 20 or 30 metres and the pellet will still have energy then. The pellets ARE light and are affected by wind a fair bit, but there isn't much wind in woodland or in urban due to the obstructions so this shouldn't really be a problem unless you're playing in an open/unsheltered field. Also, airsoft guns use hop-up system which, when set correctly, allows the bb to travel with a relatively flat trajectory up until the point where it has lost most of its energy. This means that pellets will go where you're aiming, and you won't have to aim in a parabolic curve like you do paintballs.

3. If you can afford it, the ICS M4 is a great gun. Some people will say go for the CA version since for the money, the ICS isn't that much better and some people prefer the black body of the CA version over the grey body of the ICS version.

Overall, if you can afford it, I'd say go for the ICS due to the added feature of the forward assist (although I've never really heard of it having to be used) and also the split gearbox design makes it much easier to upgrade than the CA version, and if you're from USA then you'll probably want to upgrade eventually so this feature would probably mean something to you.

Hope this helped.

Seems like you have never test fired an AEG or GBB before. Unless you get a defective item, I gaurantee you that you will be impressed. Check out the video threads. There are some videos of the CA M15A4, which is pretty similar.

In case you've never seen the video thread, or haven't figured out how to use the search button, here's a link http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=18383

thanks a ton for the imput guys i am on a budget but not extremely tight im wanting to stay under 400 since im just getting started with everything

considering i have well over 1000 into my paintball gun (tadao'd eye'd dye matrix if anyones insterested)

im wanting to order everything from one place and airsplat looks like a legit place and not some sketchy out of the basement type of website and looks like they have descent prices if upgrading a spring in the gun makes that much of a difference i might as well go ahead and get that while i order the gun

so heres what i have so far

1.the gun i posted previously

2.this spring for the gun: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-UPI-ICS-M120.htm

3. Sanyo 9.6V 1100 mAH Ni-Cad Small Battery thats found on the same page as the gun i posted

4. the battery charger on the same page for 14.99, just somethin to get it going might get a better charger later i know it matters i uest to race RC as well

and what kinda pellets should i buy for this thing, i see some a called very high quality and some arent recommended for AEG's

is there that big of a difference, i know good paint counts in pantball

thanks so much for the patience and answering of my questions guys

and what kinda pellets should i buy for this thing, i see some a called very high quality and some arent recommended for AEG's

is there that big of a difference, i know good paint counts in pantball

You'll want the high quality BBs, and at some sites, they require you to use bio-degradable BBs only. The difference between high quality and low quality BBs is that the low quality BBs are not perfectly spherical, and it not only reduce the accuracy of your gun, but it may also have seams that may cut the hop up rubber (you do know what a hop up rubber is, don't you?)

I'm not sure if the ICS stock gears and bushings can take the M120 spring (which is off limit for this forum anyway), why not just stick with the stock gun (which has more or less (well, a bit less than) an equivlent of M100 spring) for a while?

thanks for the imput here guys its much appriciated before i spend the money on this gun as for now i think im gonna keep the gun internals stock till i learn more about it and if im not happy with the performance of the gun i will buy the gearbox upgrade that lets me use the heavier springs

thanks everyone, maybe we'll meet up an shoot each other one day

Archived