Rebirth of the Omnicol XA23 (Maybe? :P)

aznriptide859

So I've been throwing this around randomly, but for some of you older airsofters, there was a custom bullpup made back in 2004-2005 called the Omincol XA23 - basically the unholy fusion of a P90 lower, FAMAS upper, and G36C rail.

beta1_1.jpg

meeee_aaforums.jpg

Unfortunately since the site's been down for years, I had to use an archived version; I completely forgot who made it, but credit should be given to such a godly custom work. If anyone knows who made it as well, I'd be extremely grateful if I could contact him for info/build specifics.

I want to try and "remake" the gun, using the same basic parts and possibly improving the functionality. I can easily obtain the main body parts, but internal-wise I'm not sure whether to stick with the FAMAS V1 gearbox or try and implant a V6 GB inside somehow.

This is a very WIP/brainstorming phase, but ever since I saw the project I really wanted it. This might turn out to be a spring break/summer project, but if anyone has advice/input, I'm happy to listen :)

Yeah hes right was Hardcoil, I remember PM'ing about the material he used for the grip (not the one pictured above)

The second gen was moulded with some kind of ceramic/rubber bake-mould cant remember the name....

It is one awesome looking gun, now I would LOVE a GBBR version :D

lol, that gun got me into airsmithing. its really cool, but im not a fan of the P90 grip angle. the LoP from the FA-MAS may help, but i still like a regular grip angle.

i dont know how you feel about gas guns riptide, but id do a P* gearbox. the V1 has a notoriously weak front end from what i remember.

V1... weak?

isnt the famas gearbox famous for never, ever, ever, ever, ever breaking?

I think he means the V2, as I've got a TM FAMAS that's must have had over a million rounds through it (ex rental gun)

i thought that the famas couldn't use anything stronger than a 110 or the gearbox face would break off? thats like one of the first things i learned about the famas. DAMNIT, thats why i never bought one! MY WHOLE WORLD IS A LIE!

riptide,

MAKE THIS GUN, NAO!!!!

I'd send my famas down if it wasn't being kept for sentimental value.  Still works, though a bit underpowered.  Last time I had it out on a field, an acquaintance took it for a spin and wiped out the entire enemy team at close range.

Stick with famas gearbox. The biggest challenge will be the trigger, p90 trigger is "push type" and famas one is "pull type". I couldn`t find any info on how Hardcoil got the p90 trigger to work with the famas gearbox.

I think he used a micro-switch.

Also the V1 is terrible for motors - the main reason it couldn't take anything above a M110 was that the EG560 motor it used was too weak, and modifying the gearbox shell to fit a better motor (the form factor was drastically different) was a pain in the *rickroll*.

Well I managed to got a TM FAMAS in pieces for $50 - looks like the project might come to fruition.

I'll admit I've never worked on a FAMAS before, so I'd have to look at the parts first and see what I'd need to do first before making a final/educated decision on what to power the gun with.

Archived