New g&g gearbox due for release

Baddbaz

I was being ironic. And yes, I admit, I wasn't a supporter of the DTW when it was announced. I have since handled one, and for the money I was VERY impressed. IMHO, it's the perfect price point for such a platform. So, I'm not disagreeing with you guys on the points about quality, reliability, and cost of traditional TW, but I see the DTW changing that whole perspective based on price alone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that puts me of we weopons is their choice of metals ( pot metal )

Am watching the feedback on the katana to see if they have improved , as recent reports on their gbb pistols are not looking very good at the moment . Especialy the xdm / compacts . Too many failures reported for my liking .

So does anyone know if apart from size and weight there are any real benefits to using a PTW? I've never handled a TW of any type and I can't find much in the way of info, even after I've visited Systema's website. I'd assumed (perhaps wrongly) that TWs required the use of real world drills (charging handle to chamber first round, bolt catch usage and whatever else there is out in real steel land -- because I don't know). 

Otherwise what benefit is there that you could not already get from pretty much any AEG - between TM's recoil engine (including working-ish bolt catch feature during reloads) and a good mosfet (including the Gbox features discussed here) covering trigger response, why would anyone bother with a TW? 

The tw main features are quick change pistons . Real steel externals / size 90 per cent at best , empty mag cut off . Ability to take some real steel furniture . Exeptional trigger response . All these points are matched if not bettered by the new generation of aeg . G box , katana etc . The ASCu was the turning point with trigger response , actually beating the ptw . As said before the tech and cloners have caught up with them nowadays . Celsius brought out a new hop / barrel with a range of 60 meters . Most top tech m4 out of the box can match that nowadays .

A lot of money for a Gucci product that Dosnt really deliver nowadays compared to the mass produced stuff ..

OK, as far as I know there's only one platform that simulates real world rifle practice, that's gbbr's. The gap between what is a TW and a standard AEG is pretty much non-existent. It's all about bang for buck.

Personally, if you've used a good gbbr, a TM recoil will be a poor cousin, with respect to recoil. And I'd say, when you feel a TW, generally it just feels nicer than a standard AEG, especially the pistol grip, which is noticeably different.

None of those things justify the price of a PTW though, and I wouldn't suggest a CTW if I hated you, but a DTW is worth a punt for the price, as it's cheaper than most mid to high end airsoft systems.

Got ya, thanks for sharing the info - I honestly have no experience with TWs. I agree even the TM recoil engine is not that close to real life, but it is definitely a step up from normal AEGs.

I have only rumours down the grape vine, but the speak is that these G-box units may not be that much more expensive than existing TopTechs. How much truth there is in this statement remains yet to be seen, but if it is true -- I think we'll have a great new system at a wonderful price. 

Archived