Elite Tactical Clothing questions?

St Matt

Well worth it IMO. Got a set of the multicam trousers + ubacs. Only complaint is the shirt is a little shiny on the inner wicking section. But very comfy, durable and have held up well (just follow washing instructions - I've had no fading).

Have the opposite with the knee pads though - mine sit slightly out! But as mentioned, when you take a knee it all slots into place!

Ah, I went for these back when they were in a bundle with the ubacs. They're the ones with the adjustable knee pads (being a copy of the Crye gen 3 pants). Don't think the other linked trousers have them.

http://ukmcpro.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_zoom2.tpl&product_id=5233&category_id=438&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=113

Oh, the membership for a fiver is worth it if you're buying anything over £50, or plan on making any future purchases too - 10% off :)

Man that gear looks awesome. But it's all in MTP!

I really want a set In OD. Or similar.

have you seen these ?

http://www.baselinesupplies.co.uk/clothing/claw_gear_stalker_mk2_trousers/claw_gear_stalker_mk_2_od_green_trouser_P3418.html

just noticed they only have large in stock and the actual claw gear site is "under construction"  but if you can find them anywhere they are nice trousers!!

The only all green ones I have seen are the Crye ranger green ones or the TMC copies also in ranger green on ebairsoft.

Ebairsoft had OD trousers once. I regret not picking up a copy when I had the chance.

have you seen these ?

http://www.baselinesupplies.co.uk/clothing/claw_gear_stalker_mk2_trousers/claw_gear_stalker_mk_2_od_green_trouser_P3418.html

just noticed they only have large in stock and the actual claw gear site is "under construction"  but if you can find them anywhere they are nice trousers!!

They look great. I'll have to check out the sizing chart. I'm usually medium-long. Like a big medium :D

• 4 weeks later...

The only all green ones I have seen are the Crye ranger green ones or the TMC copies also in ranger green on ebairsoft.

Just picked up the RG copies - fit wise, they are LOADS better than the Elite Tactical trousers I have (the black, non-adjustable kneepad versions). The kneepads are at the correct height, and the kneepads aren't skewed inwards.

Downsides, they used light stitching so they look almost casual - maybe it's just me. Size wise, I ordered L rather than the M I have in Elite Tactical just to be cautious, actually the L from the TMC copies is just fine, so if you usually take a M in the UK that might be something to bear in mind.

I haven't had a chance yet to skirmish in them, but will do so this weekend so will be able to comment more on comfort and toughness of the TMC trousers. Though, at £20 or so cheaper than the Elite Tactical, at this point in time I'd say go TMC - but that opinion may change yet/

Be interested to hear how they hold up to a bit of abuse. While the Elite adjustable pants were about £40 they've stood up to a lot so far. If the TMC ones hold together I might have to pick up a set

They were brilliant! Found them a lot more comfortable than the ET trousers. Most notably the knee pads stayed in the right place and the general cut and material seemed nicer!

This was running around in hot hot weather at Sandpit, so if there was ever a chance for discomfort it would've been during that skirmish, but had none whatsoever! Highly recommended! :)

Just an aside about durability... 

I didn't slide along the gravel or stones in them, but I did go prone, crawl a bit, etc etc -- and this is more than I usually care to get on the ground. With that in mind they held up just fine and I'll pop back and update once I've had a few more skirmishes with them. 

Archived