A&K M60 wiring pictures / diagram

Tinkerton

hi all, i've been trying to rewire my A&K M60 (VN) with some better wiring, however sadly during a mistake (i made one the wires too short) i've unsoldered two of the pins from the 3 pin connector between gearbox and the rest of the wiring, and can't remember which one goes where.

Yes, they're both the same colour (red).

I know, real clever.

Also, being the genius that i am, i didnt take pictures while i was stripping it down.

Can anyone provide a wiring diagram, or better yet, pictures of the 3 pin connector (gearbox side) with the standard wiring?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, i guess the wiring is the same in any of the A&K M60 variants, however i've had a look online and the M249 wiring and PKM wiring appears to be quite different, sadly, as thats what all the take-down guides are for. 

The wiring for the M60 was pretty good from memory.  No problem why change?  With an SRC motor it runs an M150 on its stock gears with a 7.4v.  Not fast but its a good testament to the quality of the wires.

I can't take mt MK43 apart as I have brazed the barrel trunnion in place (yeah real clever) and mounted a HUTU.  Just back track using the mechbox wiring from the motor I am sure its not that difficult.  Using a Multi-meter helps also.

• 5 months later...

The red cable running outside the gearbox goes straight from the switch (2nd faston from the bottom) to the motor.

The other red one with the same gauge seems to come from the bottom left pin (looking as if you were shooting) and it goes to the bottom faston of the switch.

Hope that helps. Gearbox is closed so I can't see much else.

Depending on the box mag's switch position, yes, it winds when the gun fires (continuum) or it winds constantly (auto). There's nothing preventing the full voltage running through the cables, so I guess it's running on whatever you have connected.

Archived