'Lo-Flo' CO2 Mag Idea

bankz5152

Hey chaps,

I think I may have come up with an idea for reducing the FPS/strength of a CO2 mag when used in GBBRs.

When using CO2 mags in WE rifles ive found the extreme power the CO2 mags hold cause quite a bit of damage and shorten the overall life of the WE rifles.

Yeah its all well and good using an NPAS to reduce FPS but that does nothing to reduce the, I suppose, recoil of the CO2 mags.

My idea was to make a lo-flo release valve, with smaller holes. So when the hammer strikes it much less CO2 is released which in turn should reduce the recoil/power to somthing closer to that of a GG mag. Which sould make sure the GBBR lasts longer but able to use CO2 mags all year rounds.

Would this work? If the idea makes sense that is!

Josh.

The pressure of CO2 at room temperature is around 55 bar or 800 psi, so there must already be regulator inside the CO2 magazine before the actual release valve, right? Couldn't you adjust that regulator?

AFAIK that regulator is a simple pin hole to constrict flow and not the type you'd find on HPA guns. Adjusting it would require drilling it out to make it larger or putting inserts to constrict it. It may also be possible to restrict flow by shortening the valve knocker as I've done with my TM pistols and as Sacairsoftsn00py's also done to his TM MP7. It will however also reduce power output which you could probably gain right back with a tightbore and a modified floating valve.

There is no regulator in these magazines, just the flow holes are much smaller than on the green gas mags.

The only way to reduce it is to make the hole in the magazine smaller to restrict gasflow. Rather difficult to make it strong enough to survive, and get it consistent over several mags so you get consistent FPS.

Archived