The best M24 i can get for a low price?

Sergio Leone

Hi everyone!

A little preface: I've been in airsoft since 2006, throughout this time I had used nearly a dozen of AEG's, one sniper rifle and one machine gun so I have some experience, but I had to quit airsoft for almost a year and a half and now I'm planning on coming back. But the thing is that airsoft market have changed drastically since 2010-11 and I'm a bit lost. That's why I need your help to pick an M24 rifle that would suit my needs the best.

I've also created a similar topic on ASR, but I'd be very happy to hear what people can say on "Arnies" too, since I've been registered on these forums for a long time (lost my previous acc and email, so had to create a new one) and the community here is great.

Now lets get to business.

I'm looking to buy an M24 to make it a fully-tuned gas sniper rifle some time in the future. The problem is - I can't pick a donor-rifle for my project, so I require some help with this.

M24's I've found so far:

Javelin M24 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=7140

A&K M24 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=10673

Echo 1 M28 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=7404

Snow Wolf M24 - no link, but it's basically the same as Echo1, AFAIK

UK Arms M24 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=8582

Classic Army M24 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=6216

The things in the rifle that concern me the most to make a decision:

1. the overall quality of externals (stock and barrel)

2. the hop-up potential: in other words - I'm looking for a rifle that has the best hop-up potential for a sniper rifle. Of course I will probably need to upgrade the hop-up chamber/bucking, but different rifles have different chambers, etc., etc. So I'm looking for a rifle with a hop-up that would give the best performance (after being upgraded)

3. since I'm going to make it a gas rifle I need it to be compatible with one of the common (available on the market) and good in quality gas cylinders.

4. the price as low as possible, but so that it would not seriously affect the 3 previous points.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help me to pick the best option for my purposes.

And of course I will keep you updated on how my project goes and the results when it's finished.

And a bit of my personal thoughts concerning CA M24. No wonder that CA M24 should be a better rifle than others (not taking into account KJW M24) when it comes to external quality. The question is, is it worth the price? Since it's like 2-3 times more expensive than other M24's. And I highly doubt that it's that much better than the others to pay for it 2x price. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

A&K...

90° steel sears

steel bearing spring guide

aluminium piston

Steel cilinder

vsr type rubber...

I had KS before and saw some echo1 and snow wolf the ks was not bad but the others are...

I will get an a&k as soon as I can.

As I know it's different from anithing in the market but trust me a spring rifle with gas bolt is like a combination of the two platforms worst specifics... A gas rifle is quiet, realistic, strong, easy to load but not the best acurracy, a spring rifle is shoots the same accurate at every conditoins but not fully realistic and a little harder to load, and more noisy... A spring rifle with gas bolt is not realistic not accurate and the only advantages are the easy load and it's quet with a supressor... But you decide :-)

Cons: 

-the barrel is not plug and play with the other vsr types has to modify the chamber a little bit

-the piston is not ventillated, should drill some holes

-the piston needs plactic spacers to avoid the the friction of the two metal

Oh and I almost forget the A&K trigger system is a kind of zero trigger, barrel spacer, the inner barrel is 6,03 and 2 or 3 mags out of box.. And if you like it (I don't like it..) it has fluted barrel.

yep, already found that

kind of an impressing piece A&K made  - comes pretty good upgraded out of the box, with several mags, etc., etc.

I believe the choice is obvious ))

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of things.

Echo 1 M28 is NOT the same as Javelin/Snow Wolf.  J and SW are the same.  Echo 1 is same as SWS X28.

Modify is about to release the MOD24, which looks very interesting indeed.  Modify makes nice stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived