Tokyo Marui Light Pro Series M4

renegadecow

p_main_130329160250.jpg

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/electric/lightpro/294

Not really sure where TM pulled this from and why, but I'm guessing they're just extending the life of their plastic injection molds (hopefully to extend their recoil series). Instead of making a sporterized aka el cheapo line like some other companies have done, they've made something else entirely and for a completely different market. It's targeting kids ages 10 and above and is way underpowered compared to their usual AEG. It's 1:1 scale though unlike their BOYS series which I think this is meant to replace. As an added feature you can manually chamber a round by pulling back on the charging handle like a springer.

TM have been doing this for years.

The BOYS series.

The springer PPK and Glock 26 that were semi auto spring.

The lower powered spring pistol they sold.

The EBB pistols fed by a banana magazine and AA batteries.

The little cheap target set they have done.

This is nothing that new, just they know they can get a bit more cash out of making toys for kids, get them in the hobby and the spare cash can go to something else (like releasing my damn Nickel Series 70 that I want :P).

'FireKnife'

That's a given. It's pretty common for TM to release older models in all the colors to rake in the cash. If it were "something else" personally I'd rather much want a Colt Officers and/or Commander.

It is just I keep seeing the pictures from the event where they showed off the Nickel one and said it would be out in March - April. I know that is now, but I still want it, plus once they have put that out the next thing you will get is another 4 shadowy pictures of the new toys for the year. ;)

'FireKnife'

Quick translation, when he is pointing to the hop up I am nearly sure he is saying 25 meters of range.

That's pretty good for what it is.

Not too surprised, my Gindans do an easy 10m and that's just something like 45fps. Their hop ups are made of vulcanized miracles.

@Volante

I believe pulling back on the charging handle engages a separate mechanical sear for the trigger and disengages the electronics as otherwise pulling the trigger will have the piston and gears go head to head against each other.

It is just I keep seeing the pictures from the event where they showed off the Nickel one and said it would be out in March - April. I know that is now, but I still want it, plus once they have put that out the next thing you will get is another 4 shadowy pictures of the new toys for the year. ;)

'FireKnife'

It probably will be out March  - April, there just not saying which March - April! :D

It probably will be out March  - April, there just not saying which March - April! :D

Actually it seems that when Marui have a gun on show at these yearly events at the latest they are out a month or two shy of the next event. And from what I recall the next Japan show is June right, meaning I would expect it this month :P.

'FireKnife'

It's always annoyed me that pulling the charging handle of my SOPMOD doesn't actually chamber a round - I do it anyway (trying to pick up good habits for the GBBr) and it's not a problem of much consequence at the moment, but in the near future (i.e., when the BTC Spectre comes out) when I have the ability to precock the gun to decrease trigger lag, it's going to be an annoyance for the first round of a new magazine.

Archived