Wear that face protection!

double_a

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, you swung around the corner with your rifle levelled at face height too, 50/50 I'd say.

Would you have posted the video if you'd come off the better end of it? But your oppo was clutching his face?

Most UK sites offer no insurance to those who don't wear a full mask.

But yes, face protection is recommended .

@Mr. Pie Oh, not complaining at all. The guy who shot me did so on accident, you can hear him say he was shooting at guys in the tree line. The video is meant to be funny and informative and there's also some good sportsmanship displayed by both sides. Accidents happen.

@Mr. Pie Oh, not complaining at all. The guy who shot me did so on accident, you can hear him say he was shooting at guys in the tree line. The video is meant to be funny and informative and there's also some good sportsmanship displayed by both sides. Accidents happen.

Didn't hear that, man you had BAD luck then.

Dang! I've pretty much started wearing face protection all the time now, except when sniping. I can appreciate it was bad luck, but like eye protection - you only need not have it once and get shot for it to ruin your day.

Just glad you weren't more seriously injured! :) 

Yeah, since I've come back to HK I've started running lower face protection again. Though it makes cheekweld a bit of an issue, it's preferable to this kind of thing - especially as our legal limits are 2J (415fps with a 0.25g bb) and a lot of people just seem to ignore them. :(

I've taken a hit to the teeth from a sniper at 30m.  The rifle was pushing 480 fps on a .2 and what was fired at me was a .3.  Thankfully it was a glancing blow but DAMN, it hurt for a day afterwards, and was tender for a further 2 days. 

Granted, it is all about freewill, noone forces you to use face protection, I just think that the price of a crown/veneer massively outweighs the discomfort you get from wearing a mesh mask.  It's really not worth the risk.

That really blows dude. Was this at the recent Red Storm in CA? I wasn't there this year but I had played at that AO on other occasions (twice before) and being a MOUT/CQB type site, not wearing lower face protection is just nuts. Whenever I hear guys say "wearing that kind of thing isn't realistic" it just makes me think either (1) they haven't played long enough and seen enough missing teeth, or (2) they foolishly believe that in a split second they can close their mouth to avoid a hit to the teeth. Because after 28 years of playing I've seen it all, and not wearing lower face protection just isn't worth the risk in the name of looking "legit". There are plenty of lower face protection options available that allow a player to not look too un-milsim.

Whether the other player was genuinely aiming at other players off at a distance and you startled him, or he had his safety off, finger on the trigger and was just simply startled resulting in a negligent discharge, this kind of thing does happen. You can't rely on the abilities of other players to play safely. You must take precautions.

Ouch and stuff but you know you had the advantage there, right?

The standing guy is a leftie, you are a leftie and you went round a corner that exposed your left side first.

If you had sliced the pie you could have got some hits on his right shoulder before you exposed yourself to fire.

I know I only play UK power limits which are significantly less but I generally don't wear face protection (the exception is when I am the target of the entire site for some theme game or other).

I don't claim to be able to shut my mouth in time to avoid a tooth shot but when approaching a corner like that I roll my lips around my teeth and keep them there.

Mind you, I have been shot directly in the back of the throat doing that so, yeah.

It's a risk, I accept that.

Can't believe how many people believe that keeping your mouth closed or wearing a shemag / scarf over their face will protect their teeth from being knocked out or cracked . Have seen too many close calls with face protection ( or lack of )

Maybe it Dosnt look cool to cover up , but its not a good look to lose a tooth or eye ..

Cqb sites its insanity not to wear full face , luck only holds up for so long .

500 pounds for a crown nowadays at dentists + all the pain and grief that goes with it ..

Ouchy.. I really hate bang rule, it's the worst thing an airsoft game could implement... sorry... it really is, ruins immersion completely. Bang rule practically was the reason you got lased up, If bang rule wasn't in place and you knew people were around the corner, you probably wouldn't have done what you did, you were expecting them to surrender. On the contrary, knowing that bang rule isn't in place, you would probably have slowly cut your away around that corner.. With adequate protection / clothings then airsoft BBs can't do any real damage even at point blank range, but a 320 fps BB from 5m could still snap a tooth, I've seen that happen at a 1J cqb site, it's really up to you whether it's worth it.  

I wear various goggles with a TMC lower mesh mask at pretty much any situation, well firstly because our site bans bang rule and full auto can happen up close (ammo limit), but equally important that also helps ventilation to wear the goggles over the mask, very rarely fogs that way. 

Archived