Wear that face protection!

double_a

As annoying as mesh masks are, they serve a purpose,I have folded the nose section over so my nose is exposed.

For the "that's not milsim" crowd.

I wear an oxford neck tube, pull my mask up to my nose and then pull the neck tube up and tuck it back into the mask.

Players don't notice the mesh underneath and one chap Sunday even offered me a mesh mask as he was worried that the neck tube wouldn't be good enough

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive had this happen to me in the UK at Rype Village. The company running it set their fps limit to 360 with no single shot indoor rule being enforced for some unknown reason. Breeched a door a got a face full of over kill from some knobhead (every one there had a heavy trigger finger) that kept shooting me after i turned away shouting hit. Got a bit angry at him so removed myself from the game to cool off, that was when i realised i had a bb stuck in my top lip, luckily no broken teeth though. Still dont wear a mask, i own one and take it to every game but ive never worn it.

uscmCorps , yes it was at RS III

Ouchy.. I really hate bang rule, it's the worst thing an airsoft game could implement... sorry... it really is, ruins immersion completely. Bang rule practically was the reason you got lased up, If bang rule wasn't in place and you knew people were around the corner, you probably wouldn't have done what you did, you were expecting them to surrender. On the contrary, knowing that bang rule isn't in place, you would probably have slowly cut your away around that corner.. With adequate protection / clothings then airsoft BBs can't do any real damage even at point blank range, but a 320 fps BB from 5m could still snap a tooth, I've seen that happen at a 1J cqb site, it's really up to you whether it's worth it.  

I wear various goggles with a TMC lower mesh mask at pretty much any situation, well firstly because our site bans bang rule and full auto can happen up close (ammo limit), but equally important that also helps ventilation to wear the goggles over the mask, very rarely fogs that way. 

Thats's true, I didn't slice the pie because I wanted to go the around corner quick and bang bang them. I do know this, even if I'm going to bang bang, I'll slice the pie every time.

@uscmCorps yes it was at Red Storm.

So that's what you were doing!

Why go for a bang kill from the front? In every site and game I've played it's always been the rule that a bang/bingo/surrender kill can only be made if you are behind the player or they are otherwise unaware. Rule of thumb being you must have your weapon on them and be able to just shoot them if they don't take the option of surrender.

Otherwise you just get people running into a room and going "BANG BANG BANG I JUST GOT THREE OF YOU"

Right up to the point you lose a tooth or get full auto in the face . Has happened several times to me since I started playing . I was lucky I had full face on every time . The last time it happened it actually damaged my mesh on the mask and shot the zip off my webtex vest .

Ive had this happen to me in the UK at Rype Village. The company running it set their fps limit to 360 with no single shot indoor rule being enforced for some unknown reason.

Our bunch of misfits attended a game there a few weeks ago, and it seems their tune has changed.  Full auto is a no-no in buildings and this was strictly enforced by marshalls on the day.

Though we weren't too happy with the lack of designated safety zone; dry firing and test shots were going on right next to where I was kitting up.  I guess all sites have downsides but that's pushing it a little bit too far IMHO....

I only wear face protection in CQB; I've seen teeth damaged from range and everything, but I rarely get very close to the enemy. I'll take the extremely slim chance of losing a tooth from 10 yards over an uncomfortable mask that restricts my ability to aim.

CQB however, I won't play without the mask.

Always a good way to look at it.

The only times I would say it is a must is if the insurance for a site requires it, but other than that you must make the choice and if you receive facial damage that was not intentional from another player you have no-one to blame but yourself.

'FireKnife'

Always a good way to look at it.

The only times I would say it is a must is if the insurance for a site requires it, but other than that you must make the choice and if you receive facial damage that was not intentional from another player you have no-one to blame but yourself.

'FireKnife'

All Airsoft insurance stipulates that full face protection is worn. . Every sites safety briefing will tell you this , if you decide not to wear it you will not be covered if you are unlucky enough to pick up an eye or face injury .

As many people have stated ., its a risk they are willing to take , not a sensible one but who am I to judge ..

Just a week ago at a woodland site I saw a lot of facial bb injurys . Minor , but too close to mouths and eyes for my liking . Just pure luck they missed teeth and mouths ..

True, but it is not a grounded stipulation is it. It is not 'wear it or you can't play' and void ALL insurance covered, such as a slip or fall caused by poor site maintenance.

But true it is all about choice and if people choose not to then fine by me, just I don't expect them to have an attitude about it when a stray shot hits them where the face mask would be if they had one on (this has happened).

'FireKnife'

If you don't wear face pro and did try to claim off a sites insurance you would fail at the first hurdle , could also be used for broken Limbs etc as you are not adhering to all of the insurance company's requirements ... Food for thought ...as we all know insurance company's love to pay out !!

Hmm, not how is has been read to me when I checked up on this, but then that may be the site trying to reduce scare mongering.

So surely in that case should, in this country, it not be enforced? I know some people wont like it but having that piece of mind for not losing out if you injure yourself badly would be a good balance?

'FireKnife'

Why the bang bang from the front? I've always understood the bang bang rule to be used when you're inside the MED and you have the drop on who you are bang banging. That does mostly happen when you sneak up behind some one but it doesn't have to be. I could have shot them but it would have been inside the MED so I tried the bang bang hoping I'd get the drop on them. Clearly I didn't 'cause I got shot in the face! Ha!

Mostly I just wanted to get everyone around the corner and nobody would move so I went for it.

Sent using Tapatalk on my mobile toaster.

I've given up on bang kills for some time now, as it's much more simple and sure just to shoot them. 

I always thought it was a "bang kill" because you got them "bang to rights" -- which in this I don't think you had in this, since the layout meant you ran into their shots in inadvertently. It's sort of why I don't think the bang rule really works at all, because the rule is one thing, but the interpretation and practical application can be totally different.

At least in the UK, the only MEDs are for higher powered RIFS, usually sniper rifles and DMRs, so YMMV depending on where in the world you are. :)

I find that in the UK a single shot in semi is fine at close range but I still offer the surrender gun ready.

That way if they take it I lower the gun and off they go, if they try to turn and fire they get one, in the chest at close range, they made the decision after all.

As for tag / rubber knife kills they are a good idea, as then you have made firm contact with someone, just in a way that means they don't get hit by a 350fps shot at close range but a firm touch that they can feel. I usually go for this option if I can.

'FireKnife'

All Airsoft insurance stipulates that full face protection is worn. . Every sites safety briefing will tell you this , if you decide not to wear it you will not be covered if you are unlucky enough to pick up an eye or face injury .

That's basicly how it is at my regular site (Techbrigade in Herts), full face protection is recommended and all new players (to the site and the game) are told this in a separate briefing, except for u18s who have to wear full face protection.

As for the bang rule, I don't like it being mandatory as it can cause too many arguments. If I get the drop on someone I may offer the surrender, but I also don't expect them to take it so I still keep them in my sights. Re MEDs we don't have them so I don't have to worry about this.

Didn't hear that, man you had BAD luck then.

Looks like GOOD luck to me?

I didn't see him spitting parts of his teeth out? 

After getting one stuck just above my upper lip I now cover the lower part of my face with a doubled or triple folded scarf if I'm going in CQB

I haven't played for a while but last time I was there my favorite Local site had removed the bang rule,I'm glad of this! I have a a few occasions where I have called bang hit and been shot in return,the one that got stuck in my septum was one of them.

I don't like calling bang kills or being on the receiving end of them.

For starters how do I know the gun is working,would the shot of hit ?

Bang rule is for Felcher's in my opinion! 

Archived