Wear that face protection!

double_a

Looks like GOOD luck to me?

I didn't see him spitting parts of his teeth out? 

After getting one stuck just above my upper lip I now cover the lower part of my face with a doubled or triple folded scarf if I'm going in CQB

I haven't played for a while but last time I was there my favorite Local site had removed the bang rule,I'm glad of this! I have a a few occasions where I have called bang hit and been shot in return,the one that got stuck in my septum was one of them.

I don't like calling bang kills or being on the receiving end of them.

For starters how do I know the gun is working,would the shot of hit ?

Bang rule is for Felcher's in my opinion! 

Sooo...let me get this straight, you'd rather get shot at point blank than being voice-eliminated?

Oh, ok then, pretty weird philosophy but knock yourself out.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo...let me get this straight, you'd rather get shot at point blank than being voice-eliminated?

Yep,its a bonus if that person shoots me anywhere other then my head but if its happens to be there then I am prepared for that as I am Skirmishing.

Bang rule is for Felcher's in my opinion! 

Personally I think it a good idea for my local site.  They cater to quite a few parties of under 18's and I doubt many parents would be ok with signing a disclaimer at a site where they know their 14 year old kid will possibly be on the receiving end of a burst of 350 fps .3g rounds at 5 feet range.

Granted, when attending skirmishes where there are no minors on site I see no point in using the bang rule, it keeps you on your toes, but there is a time and place for it.

Personally I think it a good idea for my local site.  They cater to quite a few parties of under 18's and I doubt many parents would be ok with signing a disclaimer at a site where they know their 14 year old kid will possibly be on the receiving end of a burst of 350 fps .3g rounds at 5 feet range.

Granted, when attending skirmishes where there are no minors on site I see no point in using the bang rule, it keeps you on your toes, but there is a time and place for it.

The 14 year old's are the one who love taking hits at five feet! Badges of Honour At School the next day.

I believe that for under 18's full face should be compulsory.

But we wait till they are 14 before we light em up,its why you have to be 14 at most sites?

After that go for it as I can assure you most 14 will light you up at close range

I really really hate people getting angry when they get shot and it happens to hurt, even if it's in the face, it's like people who get ###### off when hit during sparring in a combat sport, for me it's basically unsportsmanlike to be angry when shot, if the pain bothers you, wear a mask, if it doesn't, then don't get angry or shout at people when you get hit where it hurts, it's part of the game, we play a game where you are allowed to wear and much and as little as you like, it's not that unfeasible to wear enough so that a BB practically can't hurt ANYWHERE it hits if you are prepared to wear enough even in CQB.

Unless of course it's an intentional overkill, which is basically picking a fight, but that rarely happens, it's usually noobs / nervous people who are a bit trigger happy with no ill intention.. 

anyway, rant over. 

I have never understood the negativity associated with the BANG! kill - it is a courtesy and nothing more. If you offer someone a bang kill, it is not ruining your immersion as it is just asking them to surrender; if they choose not to, then shoot them. If you are not comfortable with those options, then just shoot them - simples.

Personally when I offer bang kills, the person has around half a second to call hit or they get shot in centre mass.

On a side note - the point about not wearing full face masks voiding insurance is complete and utter BS; it doesn't. The site has a duty of care to its patrons. If their policy is full face mask only, then they are voiding their insurance by allowing you to play, and are still liable for any damages due to negligence (which in this case would be allowing an individual to play with inadequate face protection). Insurance is not to be confused with liability - the insurance may not pay out, but that doesn't remove liability.

I have never understood the negativity associated with the BANG! kill - it is a courtesy and nothing more. If you offer someone a bang kill, it is not ruining your immersion as it is just asking them to surrender; if they choose not to, then shoot them. If you are not comfortable with those options, then just shoot them - simples.

Personally when I offer bang kills, the person has around half a second to call hit or they get shot in centre mass.

On a side note - the point about not wearing full face masks voiding insurance is complete and utter BS; it doesn't. The site has a duty of care to its patrons. If their policy is full face mask only, then they are voiding their insurance by allowing you to play, and are still liable for any damages due to negligence (which in this case would be allowing an individual to play with inadequate face protection). Insurance is not to be confused with liability - the insurance may not pay out, but that doesn't remove liability.

When the site  I play at used the bang rule I was always getting shot after calling bang hits,some by bad sports men but also plenty of people shot just because I surprised them as stated often happens in a earlier post.

The amount of times I bang killed more then three people and trying to work out who I was shouting bang at first was a nightmare.

I found that after shouting bang four times in a row it starts to become a bit of a tongue twister,anyway I can shoot people quicker than I can shout bang at them.

Is that why its called Airsoft and not Bangsoft??

On a side note - the point about not wearing full face masks voiding insurance is complete and utter BS; it doesn't. The site has a duty of care to its patrons. If their policy is full face mask only, then they are voiding their insurance by allowing you to play, and are still liable for any damages due to negligence (which in this case would be allowing an individual to play with inadequate face protection). Insurance is not to be confused with liability - the insurance may not pay out, but that doesn't remove liability.

That is why you sign a waiver before being allowed to play . And it will usually state that if you choose not to wear full face protection it is then at your own risk .

You get read the safety brief and it always states this .

As for liability of the sites owners , most are usually registered as limited company's . Very easy for these to shut , fold , go bankrupt , so you will probably never see a payout from them . Better to stay within the terms of the insurance and. That way the liability insurance cover will be your gauruntee should the worst scenario happen .

I'm the same, I'd rather get shot than have someone shout 'bang' at me. Anyone can jump round a corner and shout bang, not everyone can jump round a corner and shoot and hit anyone there straight away. Likewise I have seen it abused by the likes of distances being stretched and people using it because 'all they could see was the head and didn't want to shoot' as good examples.

The 14 year old's are the one who love taking hits at five feet! Badges of Honour At School the next day.

I believe that for under 18's full face should be compulsory.

But we wait till they are 14 before we light em up,its why you have to be 14 at most sites?

After that go for it as I can assure you most 14 will light you up at close range

The site I refer to allows over 12's upwards, enforces full face pro up until 16 years of age, after that it is optional but recommended.

Granted, they are badges of honour for the kids.  To me I'm not fussed if I have marks left following a game, it's part and parcel of participating in a skirmish.   But the kids' nor my own opinions were not what I was using to make my point, rather their parents'.  I've seen point blank shots from higher powered rifles that have left pellets embedded under the skin on the neck of the target.  Said target was wearing scrim netting as a scarf yet it still penetrated the skin.

Use of the bang rule at sites where there is a greater chance of kids under 18 playing is a sensible move.  It not only reduces the headaches for the site management (less complaints from irate parents asking why little Joe Bloggs jnr ended up covered in blood and pock marks) but it ensures they keep their clientele instead of risking the loss of some players due to the lack of a bang kill rule.

As I said; time and place for such a rule.

The bang rule serves a very usefull purpose , it is a gentlemans way of avoiding shooting someone at point blank range . As happened to me at bunker 51 when a guy crept round behind me and shot me point blank in the head .. I growled at him. But it wasn't his fault as a no bang rule was in effect that day . Luckily I had on full face pro and a balaclava to take the sting out of the bb hitting me .

Definatly a place in Airsoft for bang rules or knife kills as far as I am concerned .

If I have caught someone unaware, I find an offer of surrender to be a better compromise. I've used it quite a bit before and most people are happy to accept, those who don't, we'll I have already got the drop of them so aiming at a piece of webbing has already been achieved, simply a matter of pulling the trigger.

As I understood it the site insurance is not for players,its for third party's ?

Always make sure there are 3 of you then !

Third party means the type of insurance cover ... Ie fully comprehensive being top of the ladder .

The obvious clue is in its name .. Public liability insurance .....'

Always make sure there are 3 of you then !

Third party means the type of insurance cover ... Ie fully comprehensive being top of the ladder .

The obvious clue is in its name .. Public liability insurance .....'

The public are the third party!!!!

Insurance is in case you take out some lost dog walkers eye on your site..

LOL@Baddbaz

As the site organisers would be the ones being insured, the third party cover means that any claim made against the owners would be covered by the insurance company.

Say for instance a marshall test killed a player but took a tooth out.  This would be grounds for a viable claim on such insurance.  No mention of passersby at all.

Having adequate public liability cover as part of your airsoft insurance package is the only solution for protecting yourself against the possibility of a participant becoming injured as a result of an accident on your site.

Reference from: http://www.parkinsurance.co.uk/Airsoft_Insurance.aspx

I think a bit of brushing up on legal terms is needed before throwing more "LOL"s around....

Public liability insurance covers employees and any public visiting your site it is a prerequisite for any business dealing with the public .

I myself have a policy as I employ builders on my company and another policy for the door supervisors ( employees ) on our security company each agreed policy has its own terms of what and what is not covered . It is basically protection for me should anyone be injured on my company's or if anyone working forme damages or injures someone else or damages their property / possessions .

Exactly the same with an Airsoft / paintball policy .

Every policy has exclusions and terms that have to be adhered to regarding health and safety rules / laws and also the insurance company's own risk assessments . Go outside of these and you risk voiding your policy and any payouts / compensation from them .

Eye protection / full face protection is one of the insurance company's stipulations on Airsoft / paintball insurance .

Third party means anyone who try's to claim of you . Fully comprehensive means I can claim of it for my losses as well . Same as any insurance policy . Cars being the easiest example

Third party . Covers you for any damage to other people or property

Third party fire and theft . Same as above but with theft and fire to my vehicle included

Fully comprehensive . All the above with the addition of me being able to claim of my own policy should I incur any damage or losses to my property .

Public liability insurance covers employees and any public visiting your site it is a prerequisite for any business dealing with the public .

I myself have a policy as I employ builders on my company and another policy for the door supervisors ( employees ) on our security company each agreed policy has its own terms of what and what is not covered . It is basically protection for me should anyone be injured on my company's or if anyone working forme damages or injures someone else or damages their property / possessions .

Exactly the same with an Airsoft / paintball policy .

Every policy has exclusions and terms that have to be adhered to regarding health and safety rules / laws and also the insurance company's own risk assessments . Go outside of these and you risk voiding your policy and any payouts / compensation from them .

Eye protection / full face protection is one of the insurance company's stipulations on Airsoft / paintball insurance .

Third party means anyone who try's to claim of you . Fully comprehensive means I can claim of it for my losses as well . Same as any insurance policy . Cars being the easiest example

Third party . Covers you for any damage to other people or property

Third party fire and theft . Same as above but with theft and fire to my vehicle included

Fully comprehensive . All the above with the addition of me being able to claim of my own policy should I incur any damage or losses to my property .

Nope,when you sign your life away at the site your almost doing just that.

Your then responsible for your own health and safety,how many PLAYERS have claimed against a sites insurance?

That is why its called PUBLIC liability Insurance.

Your no longer a member of the public once you sign in.

Sites insurance are for third parties IE: Not the Site Owners or players but somebody who is there by mistake maybe or even without permission.

ROFLMFAO@ Car insurance !  Now that's a first!

From the looks of it no one here so far understands the differences between Public Liability and  Employers Liability Insurance !!

Both address different issues that's why there are different polices for each!   

lol again@ Phubar now

I have started a new thread so as not to go off topic again :)

Naggy, did you read my quote in my second to last post?  If public liability insurance cover does not protect site owners in the way we have mentioned, why would the quote contain the words "public liability cover", "participants" and "on your site" within the same sentence?

Please indulge us with your extensive wisdom, provide proof of your point of view.

Archived