Rothco Military MOLLE Tactical Plate Carrier Assault Vest (Pic Heavy)

First, I know it is not the high end stuff you guys see so often in these Threads. Forgive me for my Blasphemous ways.

I have been in the Market for a Rig that would go well with my HSGI Sure Grip Battle Belt. This required whatever Plate Carrier I went with to be compact. The Shellback Tactical Banshee was suggested by too many of my friends to ignore it. The  issue for me was finding a COyote Brown version in stock. With me Inpatience in overdrive, and money burning a hole in my pocket, I continued the search. While scouring Youtube, I stumbled across a video from NutnFancy. Said Video was for a Condor Rig that he was really impressed with. Knowing that he will put equipment through much more than I do per year, I felt confident enough that the condor would fit my needs temporarily. So on to the search to buy.

Enter the Rothco variant. I found it on Ebay for $77 shipped and bit the bullet. When it arrived, I wasn't sure what to expect, but upon opening the package I was very surprised at how much it resembled the Banshee. I will be able to do a Side by side soon as one of my friends has one he will let me use for a video review (Coming Soon).

Military MOLLE Tactical Plate Carrier Assault Vest

•Made From Polyester Material
•Adjustable Shoulder Straps With Detachable Pads
•MOLLE Compatible Webbing Covers Most Of Vest

•Internal Sleeves For Soft Armor & Plate Front & Back

•Adjustable/Detachable Cummerbund With Pockets For Side Armor Will Fit Up To 6" X 8" Side Panel Plate
•Although The Pocket Dimensions Are 6" x 8" They Only Hold A 6" x 7" Plate

•Plate Pocket Measure - 13.25" X 10.25" X 1"

•Emergency Drag Handle

•Padded Mesh Interior

•Adjustable Girth
•Hook & Loop Areas In Front & Back

Pros:
-Stitching is reinforced where needed
-Vinyl Backing on all Cordura
-Can accommodate Large Plates
-360 degree protection capable (front, back, and sides)
-Industrial Strength Hook and Loop (Velcro)
-Adequate amounts of Molle
-Adjustable Cumberbund
-Sized to fit many
-Kangaroo Pouch
-Fairly Light Weight

Cons:
-Molle Spacing falls short at the end of the rows
-Adjustments not easily done
-If not worn in conjunction with other gear (Battle belts), the rig can seem short
-Elastic in Cumberbund is lacking

As I get some skirmish and training time with it, I will follow this up with a video review. SO far, so good. I am happy with the fit, the feel and the maneuverability it allows the user. The Cost to Value ratio favors the buyer.  I doubt any open minded user would not enjoy this rig and use it without worry.

For under $100US, it is a great platform to build on.

Here are some pics to hold you over:

Rothco2.jpg

Rothco5.jpg

Rothco13.jpg

Rothco15.jpg

Rothco19.jpg

Rothco20.jpg

Rothco18.jpg