TM PSG-1 issues

gavin.starr

Hi folks,

Around 4 years ago I bought a Tm psg-1 at the time i got it all fully upgraded with the systema kit so all in all it cost me a small fortune. To only be told I cant use it at our site, so it got moth balled to the back of the cupboard.

I thought I would resurrect the old girl so i get it out again after around 3 and a half years, the battery i had for it was *froitcagio* so I bought a new one.

Charged it up.

Plugged it in and heypresto it worked, But this was only false hope, On the second pull of the trigger bugger all happened, and I cant seem to find anything wrong with the dammed thing. 

The first bb fired was smooth as you like and everything cycled as I remember it. I know nothing has broken mechanically as I removed the motor from the grip and tried pulling the trigger to see if the motor would spin up but nothing. I tested the motor on a spare battery and it spun up so there cant be anything wrong with the motor.

All the trigger connections are copper strips that slide and touch each other so there is no burnt out copper strips or wires anywhere at all.

I have since stripped it down to the gearbox and still found nothing.

IMG_0346_zps6eb9a2c0.jpg

IMG_0347_zps7dd31a4c.jpg

IMG_0350_zpsac6c58a8.jpg

The only thing I can think it is, is this switch relay circuit, it doesnt look damaged or smell hot, so other than that im completely stumped.

Can any one help

Cheers

Gav 

excuse my english comprehension skills; but what does "bugger all happened" mean?

The first thing I chucked out of that systema upgrade kit was the mosfet and I am pretty certain if your fuse is still in tact, and if "bugger all happened" means what I think it means, your fet is blown.

Ive sorted it now, The clear/white plastic unit had a spring inside that had come loose so when you pulled the trigger it wasnt moving correctly and pushing the copper track upwards to complete the circuit. It was out by less than .003" but that was enough to stop the connection.

By bugger all happend, I mean nothing happened :D .

Cheers for the help though guys, most apreciated.

Gav

Yea the safety catches on these ar strange. When you put the safety on it pulls the black part of the copper track out of the way and spins the black unit in the middle so a lug gets in the way so the trigger cant be pulled.

So wen you take the safety off it all fits into place and  the copper track underneath gets pushed upwards to complete the circuit which wasnt moving on mine, but now is. :gun:  back in buisness.

Glad i fould it as it was racking my mind trying to find it.

Gav

Hi folks, now that I have sorted out the firing issue, I would like to upgrade the body to make it stronger to eliminate the barrel wobble and get rid of the creaky noises it creates.

The problem is everything for it is either long gone or very expensive. Does any one know where I may be able to get hold of any parts for it.

Thanks

Gav

Archived