TM or Maruzen L96 clone?

Algy

I'm looking at purchasing a clone of either a TM or Maruzen L96.

It seems to me that the Maruzen type L96 has a slew of upgrades and parts available, whilst the TM type is the newer, and I assume (perhaps naively) better platform.

Being that the rifle I eventually go for is a clone (Well/UTG), I would at some point in the near future be upgrading various parts.

Would anyone be kind enough to offer some advice as to which might be the better purchase?

As above, really - the Well units are usually solid and you'll have no issue grabbing parts for them. The point about realism is down to the magazine. On the Well clone, at least, the magazine is flush with the mag well and its position is slightly off.

On the Marui it is as expected and protrudes as it does on the actual L96.

Hope that's useful.

Thanks for the advice. 

I've taken the plunge (ordered it last night whilst ever so slightly tight) and gone with the Marui style rifle, it would seem that everything bar an affordable metal trigger box is available in terms of upgrade parts.

I guess I'll wait and see what the stock performance is like then look at what upgrades might be necessary.   

• 2 months later...

Archived