Bombs have gone off in Boston marathon

Baddbaz

People with out a belief or have been forced into a religion (not their choice. Just to be clear, I have nothing against religion or people's faith, I do have a problem with people using religion for their own personal gain.) and then they're radicalised. I know a fair few people who believe in a religion and they too hate how a minority ruin it for the majority.

As of yet, we don't know the reason for these bombings. It may, or may not, be religiously motivated (I doubt they are).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst my thoughts do go out to those involved is anyone else seeing the irony of boston being on the recieving end of terrorism, you know after the major donations that it spent most of the 70's and 80's making to the IRA's war chest. Just saying......

I don't know what Americans should be more worried about: Possible home grown bombers or the fact that the authorities have effectively declared a kind of martial law in such a short period of time.......almost as if they had prior planning in place on how to do it. Thousands of armed black tac'ed up enforcers. Armoured vehicles patrolling deserted street. Citizens being ordered to stay off the streets. Businesses being told to stay closed.

This is nothing more than a show of force to it's citizens "We are in charge".

Britain never went to any of those extremes when we were getting bombed to holy fook by the IRA. Even the 7/7 false flag operation never resulted in total lockdown.

This whole situation is *badger*s.

Another angle to all of this is reference to several high res still images and public cctv footage that has been uploaded to the internet showing officials of some description wearing black baseball caps with punisher logo, black smock type jackets, tan tac trousers.............and black backpacks.........right at the scene of detonation only minutes before.

Now, whilst I view Mr Jones as a complete loon, the images are plain to see.

Lets not start conspiracy nonsense already. Americans will undoubtably have whole units dedicated to this exact type of situation that we simply do not have the resources nor need for in Western Europe as our experiences with ETA, the IRA, the RAF and whatever other nut jobs are around that week has lead to a relatively blasé attitude to terrorist attacks by civilians. Americans however are much much more sensitive to terrorism and hence their responses are far different to ours and they are much more rigid.

Anyway the news is now saying they are Tschechen brothers who have lived in the US for approx a decade.

It now over.. They were Chechen brothers, 19 and 26. Older brother killed during a early morning shootout when his suicide vest went off (possibly hit by a bullet). Managed to live long enough to get to the hospital and died (so apparently he got a taste of his own medicine). Shoot out came after they had managed to kill a MIT University cop as he sat in his cruiser (he never even saw them), robbed a 7-11 grocery store, shot and wounded another police officer, car jacked a vehicle (letting the owner go free later) and then getting into a high speed chase that involved the use of homemade grenades and possibly another of the pressure cooker bombs. The shootout was like a war zone. Possible he held off police so younger brothr could get away in the darkness.

Family history: They asked for and were given asylum and made US citizens (before those othres that have to follow the process and wait for years). Younger brother as accomplished student, was given a scholarship by the city of Cambridge Massachusets who had taken the family in. He was currently going to university and was known as being a "quiet and pleasant person". The older brother was called a un-employed "loser" by an uncle living in Maryland. The older brother blamed everyone else for his woes. Apparently over a year ago, he had gone back to the "motherland" for 6 months, where he apparently got all his training in bomb making. He then came back and his uncle believes may have twisted the younger brothers belief in their faith. The older brother was put on a investigative list by another country and was investigated by the FBI who couldnt find anything to hold him on.

After a complete shutdown of 6 major cities (from Boston all the way west to Newton). The complete shut-down of all public transportation in the state (as well as commuter trains). The final suspect was found hiding in a trailered boat in somones backyard as he tried to cut holes (from the inside) in the winter weather cover surrounding the boat. He is wounded but they are not sure if it is from the early morning shootout or a brief 20-30 round exchange of fire where he was found. 

Now comes the process of finding out why. I dont think the answers are going to shock too many of us. Oh, on top of this all, the parents have moved back to where they came from (apparently things were not so bad in the motherland after all).

Lets not start conspiracy nonsense already.

Agreed. So they have private security filling in to cover the gap in manpower the police would probably have had to shell out a huge chunk of budget on overtime to fill., so its an automatic conspiracy, cos PMSCs are bahed hmmmkaay? Just remember that when you see G4S or Reliance guards and stewards at the London marathon like they have been for years...

Conspiracy theories aside: Just watching the news footage of huge crowds of celebrating Americans waving flags, lighters in the air, whooping and cheering, like they've just been saved from certain-death-planet-killing situation. Listening to interviewed citizens describing their "fear" of this so-called unpredictability. They were so wrapped up in their over zealous joy state of mind that they could have been ordered to do anything without question. I can only assume that those people (not Americans as a whole, but a good majority none the less) really are brainwashed mindless morons. Ripe for control.

Pathetic. Actually, no not pathetic. Just sad.

Must be something in the water............ :D

Again, that's just your European sensibilities that are offended. We all grew up with terrorism, for those of us born before the 1990s it's just a part of our lives. The first real introduction the Americans had to terrorism was pretty much the most devastating attack on The continental United States in 200 years. We can't criticise their reaction because we can't put ourselves in their shoes. If our introduction to terrorism was someone fling planes into London Bridge and Whitehall we might well have experienced a similar upswing in Patriotism and paranoia. Especially if the 50 years of our history prior to that was us believing ourselves invincible.

My personal fairly vaired experience of Septics, including living on the US border, is that all together, they aren't the childish mindless drones that Europeans love to believe they are.

I never said Americans are mindless drones (well, not all of them), however their behaviour is almost childlike in the way they conduct themselves. Now, this could very well be the manner in which the media portrays certain events. But one thing that is always apparent is the way in which they (the people not the media) always over exaggerate a situation and make a mountain out of a mole hill, whilst always ramping up the self induced fear and paranoia by making themselves believe that they are always in a state of impending doom and certain death.

I watched some of the brief interviews with celebrating (or should I say frothing at the mouth) Bostonians (sounds like something from Star Trek) and I *suitcase* you not some of the comments coming from these mindless morons were truly classic:

Some bloke, about 25-30 years old "We survived, just like our Forefathers did in 1776!"

Another spineless wimp, about 40 years old "I was scared the whole time that he might be hiding in my garage or in my spare bedroom"

And the absolute classic quote thus far "Americans refused to be terrorised" - Obama. Yeah right OK. So unafraid to be terrorised that grown men were too scared to check their spare bedrooms. Too scared to go out into their own back yards.

Like I said, it's the almost never ending cycle of ramping up the fear and paranoia.

Oh dear..........

One last thought: At this stage no one yet knows whether he was one of the bombers or not, whether he was involved in some way or not. At this moment he is a suspect, ie not yet found guilty beyond all doubt in a court of law. The way in which the media has ramped up this whole situation, this young fella has already been found guilty by the media and the masses will surely follow their lead.

If he is truly guilty, send him to the chair. But if he's innocent he'll have virtually no chance of proving it now.

Trial by media. John Leslie was guilty before heading to court (where he was fond not guilty). I think I would fear for my child's safety, if there was a chance that an armed man was wondering streets, who had already shown complete disregard to public safety. That's not being a coward, that's being aware of a possible threat, to the ones you love.

Having talked to many cameramen (who have been to a fair few warzones and areas bombed by terrorists), you do tend to find all sorts of people, who are willing to be interviewed. You also find that there is always one complete nutter and one completely sane. But, it's upto the editor/producer/director, as to what is used and what is binned.

Plenty of people saw and were involved in the gunfight with this guy, the hijacking victim identified them both and he was seen chucking explosives at the police, there are video and photos of him with a bag matching one of those recovered from the explosive device used at the finish line and there is also video and photo evidence of him no longer having the bag after the explosion. I'm sure the court of law might do well in finding him guilty. Maybe you're right. it probably is the CIA-ZIONIST-NWO-LIZARDPEOPLE trying to pin it all on the Muslims. Just like 9/11. A way to control the sheeple, innit? YOU'RE ALL PAWNS OF THE MSM! FOOLS!

You don't go out in a hail of bullets and explosions if you are innocent, do you?

I think it's dashed uncivilized of these chechen brothers for ruining a perfectly good conspiracy theory. If they'd just run away and hid, they could have let the internet tin foil hat brigade try and pin it on the plainclothes police guys (the ones in the craft international tac gear with backpacks around the marathon).

But noo, instead they went and got photographed carrying backpacks into the crowd, photographed leaving without backpacks, filmed on CCTV, positively eye witnessed identified by a guy that got his legs blown off by the bomb right next to him, carjacked a guy who they then boasted to about carrying out the marathon, and then had a massive running gun battle with police in front of hundreds of witnesses.

Not that I doubt for a second all of that will stop paranoid retards on 4chan and reddit claiming it's all CIA conspiracies. 

Please say you took advantage of going to the gun ranges.

Nah, I don't really have any interest in firearms, so didn't really have any impetus to.

And I would take the quotes that the media picked to use with a pinch of salt. Even in a crisis the British Media loves nothing more then to make Americans look stupid.

Very true of the media. However, British media has become a mirror image of US media methods in the way events are blown out of proportion (excuse the pun). British media reporting used to be rather dour but factual, and slowly but surely it has imitated the sensationalistic mentality of our friends across the pond. Drama first, truth second.

*Some offensive conspiracy theory*

Why must you demoralize Americans during a tragedy is what I'm trying to figure out... I understand you're probably a hard charging war hero, but not everyone is like that. Even after a tour in Iraq, and seeing attacks like this almost bi-weekly over there, I would still be afraid of a man who can commit mass murder. Some reports stated they wore suicide vests at one point, so why would I go looking in the shadows for someone like this...

Archived