How many airsofts in One Sci-Fi Gun? (Zeiram, Japan, 1991)

In the early 1990's Japanes director Keita Ameyiya directed a couple of low budget Sc-fi flicks about a beautiful alien bounty hunter who has to track down and eliminate a genetically engineered creature called Zeiram.

With real guns very limited in Japan, the propmasters heavily utilised many airsoft guns that were available in creating new configuations of weapons bastardised with all manor of dressing from small and large airsoft weapons, motorcycle and bicycle parts and numerous bits of junk they had lying around.

In the first movie, Zeiram, the bounty hunter, Iria, weilds a bfg that I'm currently planning on building a replica of.

I managed to aquire decent images of the original prop gun from the propmaster. Due to my limited knowlege of Japanes, I wasn't able to question him closeley about what went into the gun.

It's a positive Where's Wally of airsofts, and I thought you guys as experts, might be able to ID them all, or even any of the mystery auto-parts. Everything in there would of have to have been available pre-1991, so classics all round

So far I've spotted:

Thompson Drum Model

M203 Shroud

Ak47 Muzzle

(Toy?) AK Mag

SA80 modded shroud/receiver parts (?)

SA80 modded grip (?)

Colt Python Crane

Susat Clamp screws

Other Parts

Motorcycle Silencer

Cycle brake lever

Motorcycle brake master cylinder (?)

Auto Valve lifters (?)

Brake line banjo

Ornate draw pull

Chinese tiger belt buckle?

If anyone else can spot anything in there, I'd love to hear it!

rhseih.jpg

ab1bmt.jpg

34spidh.jpg

w2hb9v.jpg

2mynciv.jpg

2lkzpn7.jpg

2vv9gk0.jpg

Here are some more of my tricked out softies.

My Pulse Riflle. TM AEG Thompson with real steel Spas cage. The barrel, vents and stock are aluminium, Remington in the grenade launcher is resin, unfortunateley. Shrouds are resin ones from way back, not the ABS ones they sell in HK.

25ovsww.jpg

99fgwl.jpg

I modded this SD5 as a replica of Jayne's rifle from Serenity. Can't remember the make of the AEG, but it's still fully functional

2nvgqqe.jpg

23hax4i.jpg

Torchwood hangun. They used TM Hi-Capas on the show, for some reason. I just added the name plate and scratch-built the suppressor/laser/whatever it is.

2cmoklz.jpg

Various Romeo and Juliet Customs. Just love the guns, had to do 'em :)

2m603mu.jpg

153pdfo.jpg

2z3uioh.jpg

t0q3oi.jpg

whicl4.jpg

dyklme.jpg

I own a bunch of the original prop guns from the Zeiram movies, hence the original post. These are also cobbled together from early 90's airsofts & a bunch of other :

A couple of these are actually wired for pyros, due to the limitations on live fire guns in Japan.

6h2j50.jpg

2r39iz8.jpg

fd56au.jpg

mvngbd.jpg

vxjk6.jpg

I really dig those Romeo and Juliet guns. Often thought of doing airsoft versions of some of them. Cant help you with parts form the gun originally posted though.

No probs, I think I've got most of 'em. Thought maybe someone with a sharp eye might spot something I missed, there's so much in there. Even appears to be a draw-pull ring over the thompson grip :lol:

I know it's fugly, I just dig crazy challenges, and the movies are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Wasn't the whole thing just built around a Thompson M1928?

The fire selectors are visible above the grip, kinda distinctive.

BTW the one with the golden tassle is made out of a Broomhandle Mauser, CAR15 stock, FAMAS grip, and the internals of  I think an M4 or AK midcap mag. Weirdly apart from the mag it would probably WORK! :D The foresight looks like a Browning Hi-Powers hammer?

Last one is probably a TM UZI, with an MP5 stock and a shed load of epoxy resin by the look of it.

Archived