Kriss drops KWA

PreacherMan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave up on seeing that a long time ago.

Same, just really out of all the upcoming classic guns out there it was the one that peaked my interest and now it looks like it is completely shelved, maybe they guaged it on the poor-ish TT-33 sales? That is what happens when you put a silly trigger safety in :P.

'FireKnife'

They do. It's the reason why some of their guns have proper trades (FN SCAR, Colt, H&K, S&W) while others don't (Springfield, FN 5-7). Take the case of their M19 for instance. It was first released with proper trades way back when but was immediately noticed by S&W. They were forced to replace the trades with "TM" only stylized in the S&W font (like the TM in FN font on their 5-7 pistol) until they stopped production. Recently they were able to buy trademark rights from S&W which is why they're able to re-release their M19/66 with proper trades making sure they emblazon the name all over their website.

The trades you mention, FN SCAR, Colt, H&K, S&W, all belong to CyberGun and Umarex, and none of those companyes work with TM.

So no, TM, have not official licensed products.

//Bjerre

The trades you mention, FN SCAR, Colt, H&K, S&W, all belong to CyberGun and Umarex, and none of those companyes work with TM.

So no, TM, have not official licensed products.

//Bjerre

All those have no presence in japan. If you read previous posts, they're licensed IN JAPAN. Overseas are another matter.

This weekend I can see a lot of kwa kriss vector mags being bought (I will be one of those).

It would be best to wait till kwa release a statement and then see what they say. Staff leaving can be a number of things (pay, contract etc). Feel sorry for the staff that have left, bet that was a hard decision.

Read the notice, they're ending the exclusivity KWA has, no mention of them cutting ties,

Sadly, Allizard says they need to stop. Right now I'm seeing glimpses of a lot of internal hostility at KWA, wondering what's happening. Regardless, here's hoping they continue product support.

allizard

Today, 02:36 AM

Nope... KWA is done. They can no longer produce and distribute the GBB Vector. Nor the AEG version that's in the work since last year. I know.... I was there.

(Snip)

Perhaps a better question should be asked "What did Yih Kai (KWA's manufacturer and owner) have done to ###### off Kriss?"

Former KWA Product Marketing Manager

- Allen

Given what they must be investing to secure these licensing deals, and then tool up machines, design the parts and build them, KWA must have a lot of cash to happily burn if they are happy to maintain a culture that makes their licensing partners back out so soon. I can't imagine they've sold that many KRISS's to make up the costs they've sunk into it and the AEG version.

Maybe this will bring about a more cooperative change in their culture, but I'm guessing possibly not.

Gotta love G&P's ample bosom, it's a stable comfort in a world of uncertain airsoft (I'm being dramatic, hope you got that). Wish I hadn't sold my Car15 by G&P, the full length M16vn is nice, but it's just not the same.

I was hoping they'd release a cqb spec bolt for the kriss vector (just like they did for the mp9).

Going on the fact Allizard is the only insider to comment so far, what he's said sounds pretty dire; Half the staff leaving can't be good news. I'm not making any rash decisions, but I'll be keeping a close eye on what happens with KWA.

Half of the staff at KWA USA. Not in Taiwan. ;)

That is a big difference.

theres some rumors getting thrown around at GGI that KWA has to take a hiatus or start restructuring or something, but they will probably cease production of everything for a few months.

this has really been a long time coming. when they changed ownership almost a year ago, they have been talking about big changes. maybe this is the beginning of those big changes.

theres some rumors getting thrown around at GGI that KWA has to take a hiatus or start restructuring or something, but they will probably cease production of everything for a few months.

this has really been a long time coming. when they changed ownership almost a year ago, they have been talking about big changes. maybe this is the beginning of those big changes.

No truth to that statement at all, as well as many others.

Let me clarify one thing, KWA will not cease operation and will continue to have product support for these products. It's only the one product that we will not produce, not the entire KWA line of products. We will have parts and support for those of you that have the product.

KWA is not shutting down or restructuring. No need to shut down as we have been getting regular shipments and have been shipping out products.

It is also a huge overstatement to say that half of the KWA staff QUIT. A few quit to work for another company and a few got let go, however the rest of us are here and it is business as usual.

If you have any questions about products or support, please visit the KWA Help Desk at www.kwausa.com/support.

Thank you all for your support

The LM4 is armash*te based, it's design is public domain externally, only loss would be trades which KWA don't use iirc? that platform wouldn't be effected by the above and if this news has you thinking the sky is faliing on KWA :(

Archived