Russian kit discussion

Soloman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to the helmet questions, Russian troops use a number of kevlar helmets that while similar to US makes, offer superior protection coverage at a reduced weight.

P7 (NII Stali):

http://www.niistali.ru/images/pic/product/shlem_01.jpg

6b7 (Armocom:

http://www.armocom.ru/image/6B7-1L.jpg

The 6b7 and P7 are the same model helmets, just produced by different manufacturers.

The next generation of Russian helmet is the 6b26, which succeeded the 6b7. It's the helmet you see in the Georgian pictures, but you can tell it apart from the PASGT because it's much broader by the ears.

Other Russian companies make kevlar helmets as well. Helmets like the Kiver series from Fort resemble the PASGT too.

Also Troubadour, remember that when PASGT's were introduced, they were known as "Fritz" helmets. Weren't you making wild accusations in another Russian thread as well? Maybe you should get back in your hole.

I'll update with pics of the 6b26 and it's related helmets tomorrow. There are some cool photos from a Russian defense expo showing new helmets.

question for you CZ75 people

I have just acquired a CZ75, but I think it may have a problem.

When I put a mag in and pull the trigger, it doesnt shoot., but it shoots when I rack the slide (empties mag, ect).

Is this normal for the CZ75? Or is there something wrong?

Working with Dmitri right now on getting sizes figured out... He told he doesn't sell helmets due to exportation problems, though that was not a problem as the flora and 6sh92 all but drained the cash I have set aside for airsoft.

I can't wait :)

Would it be considered tasteless to wear the white identification bands you can see in some of the pictures of Russian, South Ossetian and Abkhazian soldiers?

Would it be considered tasteless to wear the white identification bands you can see in some of the pictures of Russian, South Ossetian and Abkhazian soldiers?

No, but considering many games use a white band as a dead/wound rag, it could be a bit impractical...

Archived