What muzzle energy do you play with?

jal3

82 members have voted

1. 1. What's your velocity limit on full auto weapons, or semi if CQB?

• M100 / 330fps
    • M110 / 360fps
    • M120 / 395fps
    • M130 / 425fps
    • M140 / 460fps
    • M150 / 490fps
    • M160 / 525fps or above

What velocities do you shoot at? Not sniping, but average assault weapons like AK47. Both indoors and outdoors, commercial and underground. Also do tell where you're from, and if it's a hard limit or just approximate.

Eg. here in Denmark it's usually "M120" (129m/s) in the east and M100 (109m/s) in west Denmark, at least on the commercial sites. Altough some newer sites have M90 only (99m/s).

Everybody give your opinion, no matter where you are from :)

Well often the sites I have been to seem to be:

Indoor: 328fps indoors only on semi, nothing else.

Outdoor: 350fps on full auto, 425fps on locked semi and 500fps on bolt action. Anything above 350fps has a MED.

Though how well these limits are stuck to is a different debate.

Personally my guns often peak at 300fps at best, just how I like to play.

'FireKnife'

HK hard limit is 2J = 465fps with a 0.2g or 141m/s.

I have my AEGs set up to either 1.5J or 1.3J for outdoor games and ~1J for indoors and CQB.

It depends who I play with - but the general HK standard is 1.5J limit for full auto... and since no one knows what a chronograph is, you always seem to find a lot of 2J spambricks who inevitably pop up at point blank and hose people in the face.

Here in banana country, legal limit is 550fps. Most CQB sites go from 350-450fps and where I play it's 430fps on all weapons, no MED. Personally I keep automatics under 400 and I like to scale fps depending on the real world caliber (useless but I like it that way): pistol calibers <300, rifles <400 and what few hand canons I have (sniper pistols) I'm allowed by the site marshals to go up to 500 because I fix their guns in exchange for ice cream cones and root beer. :P

for ice cream cones and root beer. :P

Just the cone, nothing in the cone then? :P

Personally I find that in the UK the fps limit is a bit like the road speed limits, they are a target to aim for and not a maximum. It is amazing when people realise that a well set TM pistol at 300fps is going to reach out as far as the JG M4 they have. ;)

'FireKnife'

Here in Ireland it's less than 328fps (0.20g BB) or illegal firearm, so less than that!

Generally I aim for circa 300fps (0.90J) for all guns - means no matter how crappy the site-chrono is I can still play :)

I like pistols, so I play with mostly shooting 260-320 depending on the pistol, my rifles usually shooting 300-320ish

limits here are 350 at most CQB places and 400 outdoor with .2s

I think the poll is pretty skewed because it goes way into the extremes of retarded high FPS, but doesnt even go low enough to accomodate many stock guns

In Russia we have 2 airsoft associations with slightly different rules but it's 400 fps for CQB in both, for outdoor it is 460fps/530fps for automatic weapons and 570fps/660fps for semi only sniper rifles. Thats where banana county is. And people look like animals wearing metal mash masks because of these BDSM rules.

Like many UK players, I shoot for 320-340fps. Most of my guns came stock at around 280-290fps so I've boosted them slightly with tightbores, new magazine routers and the like. That's the most common site limit, and I can't really afford/be bothered to tinker with my guns for a 10-20fps boost for sites that set a higher limit. I like to be close to the limit (otherwise, all other things being equal, you're wasting potential, IMO) but not so close that I get flyers that mean I might fail chrono.

Just the cone, nothing in the cone then? :P

Where do you think the root beer goes?  :)

I think the poll is pretty skewed because it goes way into the extremes of retarded high FPS, but doesnt even go low enough to accomodate many stock guns

The poll is regarding site limits, not what people play with. :)

I know it's kind of a split thread, but i trust people will vote on that rather than what they play with.

Primary AEG: 122ms

Secondary AEG: 108ms

Primary GBB 98ms

Secondary GBB 92ms

GBBR 128ms 0,20

Thats the figures converted to 0,20 gr.

But in all of my weapons Im using 0,28gr

Every site I play at have an indoor/CQB (under 20ft) limit of 100ms/330fps

Outdoor limit

site #1 129.9ms/425fps

site #2 120ms/395fps

A seriously amount of foolish people are very concerned that their guns shoot the maximum amount of ms/fps allowed by the field limit.

I really don't know why. At the end of the range all the fuss about getting the extra maybe 6-7-8ms isn't worth the effort anyway

but they go through alot pain and effort to get there of some reason.

Some one please tell me why that is please?

Every site I play at have an indoor/CQB (under 20ft) limit of 100ms/330fps

Outdoor limit

site #1 129.9ms/425fps

site #2 120ms/395fps

A seriously amount of foolish people are very concerned that their guns shoot the maximum amount of ms/fps allowed by the field limit.

I really don't know why. At the end of the range all the fuss about getting the extra maybe 6-7-8ms isn't worth the effort anyway

but they go through alot pain and effort to get there of some reason.

Some one please tell me why that is please?

Not all guns have good hop units / rubbers / setups out of the box ,

I think a lot of people try to make up for the deficiency by upping spring power to compensate

I have lots of guns and each one is different when it comes to setting it up for its maximum range and accuracy .

I think on woodland sites bb flight time can also be an issue for the lower powered guns . Even though they have good range and accuracy there is nothing worse than some one side stepping a bb as it travels towards them .

A lot of my guns have that sweet spot and spring and hop combinations have to be tried and tested to find the best combination that suits your particular gun , its not always at its higher fps settings either , as I have found on several of my guns ..

On my main site I play fps limits are as follows

350 ... All aeg

400..... Support ... 20mtr med

500 ... Sniper and dmr weopons . 20mtr med

350 for c02 pistols

This is a very well run woodland site with budings , trenches , bunkers ..

The site I play is generally 500fps for everything. But most people stick to 350ish for AEG's.

An unwritten rule is if you tune it and you wouldn't want to get shot by it then its too powerful. As has been said before, power isn't everything. A friends old MC-51 was chronoed between 240-280fps. Yes at one game 4 us watched as he put two rounds in to a bloke somewhere between 60-70m's away.

Well, I have always played with 350fps for AEG, 400fps support, 450 electric snipers and 550 spring/gas snipers

BUT OUR ALL KNOWING POLITICIANS FINALLY REALLISED AFTER 20 YEARS THAT AIRSOFT EXISTS

IN SPAIN the legal limits NOW are as follows:

http://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-A-2013-153

..."a) El proyectil de las armas lúdico-deportivas denominadas de «airsoft» tendrá un peso no superior a 0,45 gramos, su diámetro máximo será de 8 milímetros y la energía cinética en boca no será superior a 3,5 julios..."

MEANS: I don´t care the fps, or bb weight, you can shoot anyone legally in a game with less than 3,5 julies if the bb is lighter than 0.45 so go for a calculator and check the limist with .20 bbs...

Luckily the player use to be clever than politicians and keep the 350 fps... limits.

Archived