Rail to rail mounted shotgun?

SabreMK42

I apologise if this has already been discussed but I had a thought the other day after seeing a "Siamese" M16: 

siam_wt_sm.jpg

and it got me thinking about mounting a shotgun under gun via a rail with the same kind of adapter. What I wanted to discuss was what would be the best way of going about this? I have little to no metal work skills however I do own a set of tools including saws, dremels and files etc. The easiest way I could see this being done is either getting some scope mounts or rail risers and cutting it till it's just the clamp, then attaching to "clamps" together upside down. 

Getting a few of these:
26e6f0a54614fa2eeb132271359b11e1.png?136

I would then take the stock off of this: 

2eafadad5727617315708556033d1ee3.png?136

and Bob's your teapot!

Sabre.

I think they must be discontinued because a google search can't seem to find it, but there was a ris to ris adapter released years and years ago made by laylax I think, maybe a trawl through the old arnies news archive might find it. It was pretty simple and consisted of 2 bits of angled metal like the camp on a scope ring or an M16 carry handle for example, with 2 bolts running through. You'd just match up the slots on the 2 rails and bolt them together.

I think the marketing photo for it was an M4 with an under barrel mk23 socom...

User: John M on the old UKAN/ASCUK boards made a masterkey in the exact same way IIRC.

Archived