Initial Impressions of the NPO AEG SR-3M

Ok. Lets start with the description of the gun's externals

First you get a label on the trigger guard with some test shooting results made by NPO. In my case they say its muzzle velocity is 112 mps and I have no idea what 118 stands for (it definitely should be the one with suppressor with additional inner barrel attached) 

dsc0074mr.jpg

The flashhider with suppressor attachment threads. and you can see the button to collapse front vertical handguard

dsc0077ay.jpg

The frontguard and foregrip are made from very strange polymer which is not too hard, but looks a bit strange, I'd say in Russian style (made by the axe as we say)

dsc0078tmx.jpg

On the left side of the gun on the sights mount plate we can see the name of the manufacturer which is AEG in Cyrillic and 6mm stamped signs.

dsc0079un.jpg

Surface of the pistol handgrip 

dsc0080cwi.jpg

Collapsible stock details. Made steel rock solid

dsc0083kr.jpg

flashhider from the right side - look Russian style as well

dsc0085nc.jpg

The gun from the right side - It's pretty strange the cocking lever/ejector doesn't have a spring so it doesn't come back after you move it back. The number BM - is universal for all NPO AEG products I suppose, then the numbers mean 161-the number of a particular airsoft gun, 13 - YOP.

dsc0086dw.jpg

dsc0087fm.jpg

Interesting enough the gun is very stable of the falt surface in pretty much any condition what makes me think it has a perfect weight balance

dsc0089mt.jpg

Rear sight is not adjustable and locked at "2" mark

dsc0091ck.jpg

With the front vertical handguard the gun still can stay by itself on the flat surface

dsc0095sk.jpg

With the mag installed

dsc0105nc.jpg

Suppressor

dsc0106jf.jpg

Checkering on the supressor

dsc0107zg.jpg

Inner barrel inside with spring loaded system

dsc0109vx.jpg

With the suppressor attached

dsc0110e.JPG

dsc0112un.jpg
dsc0113rt.jpg
dsc0114vpr.jpg

Stock and sling mount

dsc0115ov.jpg

The button which releases the suppressor to unscrew it

dsc0116sq.jpg

Bottom of the front handguard

dsc0117re.jpg

The trigger sticks out of the gearbox very weired 

dsc0118tm.jpg

Its pistol grip

dsc0119qsh.jpg

The 'polymer' appears to be resin. Interesting that they've switched to machined serial numbers, mine is hand-engraved. Very 'Russian style,' as you put it. It looks like the video shows some feeding issues - the magazines need some attention and a good smack sometimes, BBs will get hung up inside of them.

Thanks for the review.

Quote "It's pretty strange the cocking lever/ejector doesn't have a spring so it doesn't come back after you move it back."

There is a spring an a spring guide that need to be installed to have the system working. Strange that it was not installed out of the box (maybe a friday assembly gun ...)

Please also add that this version without gearbox is also available, therefore you can install wathever quality gearbox you wish. And with a little work you can install a 11.1 Lipo within the hand-guard (PAS 11.1 1100 15C)

On mine, the marking is also hand-made for the serial number, the other numbers are stamped. And yes, you need to put some silicone oil in the mags, before having them performing adequately.

The overall quality is nice (same with the NPO AS-VAL which differs only by the front part -handguard, silencer blocking system, silencer and battery location).

Edited by klh31

Tried to find out the problem with absence of full auto mode - wrote an email to guys from NPO. They answer was in style "please make sure your computer power is turned ON"... After alignment of selector lever and selector plate on the gear box the gun made several bursts and successfully died as you can see on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WskvwHYsAPM

I bet it can be a common problem, but again paying $1300 for the gun and facing with such a stupid things makes you desperate!