GHK G5 First Impressions.

nice thanks for the vid.

38rnds you say? strange since most webshops claim it to be 30.

Guess I'll have to count.

Anybody changed the bucking of the G5?

even when the hop up was off it still waf flying sky high on .25gr.

installed a simple bucking and it shoots better, but dramatically lost FPS.

From 375- to 320.Although it would be ok for cqb.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

Well, I've decided to Magpul up my G5, and I think it ended up looking quite nice :)

6uavk1Z.jpg

Anybody managed to open up a magazine? Can't get the baseplate off mine and it leaks (only slightly, but enough to empty in storage over time).

Push down on the piece of plastic locking the baseplate with small screw driver, and gently tap on the plate with a hammer.
The piece of plastic will fly out into oblivion when you take off the plate, so make sure you do the work within a plastic bag or something.

Anybody changed the bucking of the G5?
even when the hop up was off it still waf flying sky high on .25gr.
installed a simple bucking and it shoots better, but dramatically lost FPS.
From 375- to 320.Although it would be ok for cqb.

Yeah mine's not as bad as you describe, but it's still a very fine line between no hop and over hop when adjusting.
I've ordered spare stock Marui AEG buckings so I'll see if it can make any improvements.

• Like 1

Well, I've decided to Magpul up my G5, and I think it ended up looking quite nice :)

http://i.imgur.com/6uavk1Z.jpg[/img

Push down on the piece of plastic locking the baseplate with small screw driver, and gently tap on the plate with a hammer.

The piece of plastic will fly out into oblivion when you take off the plate, so make sure you do the work within a plastic bag or something.

Thanks a lot, shall give it a go!

You can fit up to about 35 rounds at most in my experience.

Interesting, I can get 37 into mine without having to put too much effort into pushing the plunger on the speedloader. Does seem to vary a lot - I've a friend who can only get 20 into his at the moment! Edited by Krydel

Thanks a lot, shall give it a go!

Interesting, I can get 37 into mine without having to put too much effort into pushing the plunger on the speedloader. Does seem to vary a lot - I've a friend who can only get 20 into his at the moment!

I get a feeling that it will wear in as some of my mags i have to put a lot of effort in, while some i do not need to 

In other news, the dark earth version came out!

Chronoing at ~360fps, any ideas on how to reduce the fps very slightly?

If you using green then I would suggest trying out abbey preditor.

My TM MP7 shoots 340fps on it and 303fps on 144a. However Ive found they latter to be all but useless in the cold.

Edited by leothelion
  • 2 weeks later...

Chronoing at ~360fps, any ideas on how to reduce the fps very slightly?

What is slightly?  A 6.08mm or 6.13mm should drop it 15-25FPS or so.  Increasing the bore size of the inner is my preferred method over modifying nozzle or dealing with the inconsistencies of the NPAS.

Hey guys,

I recently got a used GHK G5 and have run into an issue. The gun fired just fine until I hit a massive jam while going full auto. I had forgotten to secure the front end when firing (was trying to figure out how to fix the charging handle as it broke in shipping)

I quickly realized what happened, secured the front end back on the gun, and tried again. However, whenever I'd pull the trigger, the gun would fire once, and the next time I pulled the trigger I'd hear a soft "thuck" and the gun wouldn't fire. I opened the gun up, and after a fair bit of poking around, I figured out that the piece I've pointed out in the pictures below, when pushed forward, would allow the firing pin to move forward.

I'm stumped. Other than taking the entire trigger set apart, I'm not sure what to do.

If anything, I'd like to ask someone to open up their gun and see if their part (G-5-22) sits in the same spot as mine does.

HMDZt3Yl.jpg?1

ypaPkGQl.jpg?1

Thanks!

Just got my custom RA-Tech GHK G5.

Some first impressions.

It's different, very light and small.

Not as tight fitted and solid as I had expected (but I had insane expectations). I am comparing to the WE G39C which was amazing in that aspect, this one is just below in how tight and solid it feels. Not bad by any means, just not rock solid.

Polymer material feels very nice and high quality.

Not a big fan of the grip. Very straight and slim.

Stock does not move side to side, but has play in the up and down direction, by about 0.5mm wiggle. This was annoying when shouldering the rifle and pressing against your body.

Stock has 4 positions and clicks securliy and loudly into place.

Folding the stock makes the rifle insanely compact...

Magazines appear to be a tank compressed into a magazine. Heavy and extremely solid and high quality feeling. Just refering to build and touch, not filled with gas or used yet.

Love the ambi features. Magazine release and selector lever. Charging handle can be switched over, or if you wish I saw in a Samoon YouTube video that you can buy an extra one and have installed of both sides simultaniously.

Magazines are not drop free of magazine well. Not by along shot, might flex and break in after a while. Big negative for me.

Sight are decent (sight picture), fold up but spring flip-downs. Basically to get them up you gotta pull manually all the way, but you can get them down by just "flipping" them down.

Action of bolt movement back and forth is smooth as butter.

I can see why this is reported as loud. Just racking the bolt by hand and hearing it smack against the back plate has me worried, serious noise level!

Selector lever is smooth but requires some force to move, just played with it and my index finger actually aches a little, but I have girly hands so... It does however click nicely into place. When in safe the trigger is blocked but bolt can be racked and locked back.

Selector feels kind of a little bit too small for smooth operations with gloves or under stress.

As I was afraid of this version feels like the front-end is a little too short for my liking. If they release the kit with longer front-end and with bull barrel I will get that ASAP!

Charging handle worries me. As reported on Arms-Cool the HK slap is a big no-no. But it does not fill me with confidence even if you don't. If there is a metal replacement for it I will get one!

Trigger pull is very nice, light and smooth.

No discernable stop of slack or break to speak of. Trigger pull is *smooth-smooth-smooth-click*

Reset is very audible but kind of gritty and springy. Trigger is launched all the way forward at reset, so no short-reset trigger to speak of.

All in all I find the purchase to be a bit mweh for me personally. But I think that has more to do with my general mindset right now with the break in in my car and theft of my dear Stark G19 parts :(

If it was the longer version with bull barrel and a nicer grip I think my intial grade of it would be "hellz yeah!" :P

So yeah, I think that's enought for my first impressions.

Yet to be fired... :P

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 2

My flatmate has one and I love it, I'm constantly in his room playing with it...

I'll echo what you said about the selector being too small though, I quite agree. Grip could also be better, but hey it's an AR-15 standard one right? Millions of aftermarket grips to choose from. His one is rock solid in every respect though.

We have been racking and HK slapping it enthusiastically since he got it a month or two ago and the charging handle's still going, however Hephaestus are making an aluminium one.

Also my friend filed down what look like mould flashing blobs on the mag and now it drops out of the gun when you hit the release.

• Like 1

Alright, good to know.

As for the build fit I need to stress that I had _extreme_ expectations. Per definition of a standard person it is rock solid. Just not as much as I had expected :P

Yeah hopefully normal AR aftermarket grips fit's which makes it a non-issue.

Alright, good to know.

As for the build fit I need to stress that I had _extreme_ expectations. Per definition of a standard person it is rock solid. Just not as much as I had expected :P

Yeah hopefully normal AR aftermarket grips fit's which makes it a non-issue.

I had another play with one of these at my local airsoft site store. I kinda like it, it's compact, perfect for CQB. The kick and sound is, IMHO, the best out of the box I've felt for the price, no, not better than say the Inok, but.....this is where for me it falls down. I thought the plastics felt, well, kinda thin. I can't quite describe it, I don't think the material is brittle and likely to snap, but it just feels, well, toy like I guess.

I would buy one as a skirmish tool, not as a collection piece.

I said earlier that I had a go and was very impressed. The sound alone will clear out a building! Very small however so I think a silencer, reddot and lazer would go along way for the gucci factor and just to bulk it out (thats what like anyway - each to their own and all that).

They are also bringing out a tan version!! (sorry for size of pic)

Great kick as well for the fun factor. Would definatly skirmish one!!

g5_sand01.jpg

Mina came in two days ago. I was unsure for a while, wavering between the G5 and a Vector. Vector took itself out of the competition, so the G5 won by default. It was the lead competitor anyways, because of the WA-compatible magazine and it's sleek for which reminded me of the SCARAB from Crysis 3.

Anyways. I've yet to open her up but a few comments:

She's very small and slender. I'd say, with the coming barrel extension, she'll be around the size of a CQBR, 10 - 11", making her awesome for cqb.

+She will fire WA mags (Pmags and old type GHKs)

+Selector goes to safe even if decocked

+The grip is interchangable, but it looks and feels slimmer than a standard AR-Type. Which is fine for people with small hands like me, but somebody wirth bear paws might swallow the grip

~quite little in terms of rail real estate, but likely too small for a lot of anpeqs/lamps etc. Two XTM Rail panels fill up one side rail, an Eotech 552 takes up 2/3rds of the top rail

~ Boltcatch/ reload is very Mp5-style, which I'm not used to  the nub that arrests the charging handle looks very small. I'd advise against slapping it a lot

My main not-so-good points revolve around the trigger.

- unlike any AR, you can not tell by the trigger position if the weapon is cocked or not.

- trigger pull is quite long, and very soft and smooth going, with no discernable pressure point. That specific point of higher trigger resistance just before the hammer is released. The G5 doesn't have one, at least it's very light, like an AEG. Not so good for high accuracy shots (e.g. a foot peeking around a corner)

Everything alse will come after her first game. To make her look even more like a Crysis-Style gun, I'm thinking about giving her a Cell-Style Paintjob...