GHK G5 First Impressions.

FYI I fixed the stock wobble (up-down) by adding 5-6 layers of black electrical tape to each ends of the back-end of the frame (with the stock folded). Just at the top and bottom where the stock interfaces with the back-end. Now it does not budge!

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

NonEx - be careful with the RAT custom as there were initial reports of cracking the receiver due to the steel carrier.  Didn't here if RAT addressed it somehow or not, just thought I would share.

Hi!

I bought as well a rtec custom.can I know exactly how many cases?You worried me,mine is working fine till now...

The only problem is that 0,25 fly away...

How often do I have to lube it inside?

The baby is amazing anyway,recoil is monster...

Hi!

I bought as well a rtec custom.can I know exactly how many cases?You worried me,mine is working fine till now...

The only problem is that 0,25 fly away...

How often do I have to lube it inside?

The baby is amazing anyway,recoil is monster...

I don't know how many bb's it takes to crack the receiver.  However, it was bad enough that Samoon posted that you should not use a steel carrier in the G5.  But, like I said, RAT may have fixed the issue with the first group of RAT Custom G5's.

I'd leave it alone as is... I had my GHK PDW for the longest time, did a slight mod to the catch to make it catch more reliably, and it's my "go to" gun. Works on every single type of WA mag, hard recoil, (light gun + heavy recoil = pain in shoulder) and then ~ 330-350 fps. 

Hey BLZ,

if you're talking barrel length, the G5 has about 7-9" I'd say. Afaik GHK is planning for extension upgrades, one carbine and one sniper length. I'd saay carbine brings it up to about 11" and sniper propably to 15-16"

Barrel type looks very much like a standard AEG, I haven actually taken it out yet, though

Hi Chevieblazer, it was the type (standard AEG or special) as I was thinking of getting a spare to swap out rather than end up with it being over or under our site limits by a fair margin depending on the weather. That said, it looks like milspecsolutions ran a few over the weekend at a game (and it was a bit roasty toasty here) and they all ran around 330 so it may not be too much of an issue. To start with it will be a marshal weapon mainly as I could do with something that isn't too cumbersome and heavy to carry around for test kills - something sorely missing from my armoury as I always seem to end up with weighty bb slingers!

B->

Aye, but then you'd need some other way to regulate FPS.

Neither the G5 nor VFC's 416 have an NPAS available for them.  Also, I'm not such a great fan of the NPAS. The idea is great, but the design is somewhat flawed. I have one of the latest generation full metal (genuine RA-TECH) ones for the WA system, and it still readjusts itself. Plus FPS are a lot less consistent than most regular nozzles

Completely agree with Chevieblazer.  If your looking for consistency, then an NPAS is not for you!  If you have to drop your FPS and duster gas is not an option, then I prefer to use a wide bore barrel (6.08, 6.13 or 6.23) as it will be extremely consistent.  You can modify the nozzle, but the mods are not always consistent.

Just a heads up to anyone with a G5. Was dry firing it today with a friend. He picked it up and played with it, and I think he ejected the magazine using the magazine button on the right-hand side. Next thing I know he says to me "Uhh, dude, are parts supposed to fall out of this thing?" and turns to me with the left-hand side magazine release lever in his hand. We spent the next ten minutes on our hands and knees looking for the small pin and spring that holds it in place.

Not sure exactly what caused this, if he did anything funny, but I doubt it because the pin in there had like no resistance.

This was before we had even fired it so not due to recoil of firing.

So, I would advice you check the fitment of the pin and loctite it.

:o

Any news on the carbine kit that they are meant to be releasing? Can't wait to get my hands on one. Presumably will have to keep the shorter barrel inside it though, else risk increasing the FPS even further! (mine's with a techie for now until he can figure out how to do it - otherwise i shall have to buy a wide bore barrel)

Also, has anybody got a picture of theirs with an Eotech of some sort on it? Want to see if it dwarfs the thing before I invest.

Would quite like to put some of the ladder rail covers in tan on too  :D

Edited by Krydel

Spoke to a couple of people over he last few days and been told that the carbine kits are due in august and ra-tech have an npas coming soon.

B-)

Source? Quite interested to know how all these gems of information get slowly released :)

Ugh, another inconsistent NPAS from RAT.

They're not ideal, but if it means I can actually use my g5 / make it site legal, I'll take it!

It'll be good to see how they release it, because the nozzle assembly is glued together so either they expect us to bath it in spirits and hope it comes apart or they'll sell it inside a replacement unit. It'll be kinda necessary if youre wanting to easily switch between cqb, carbine and marksman kits all the time too, if youre replacing the inner barrel too with those kits.