GHK G5 First Impressions.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

BLz, you got the info from 2 different sources, but did you check up the grapevine to see whether or not they got the info from same place? :P

For all you know, it was both stores reading a speculaitve blog post that was third-hand translation from original malay... :D

Source? Quite interested to know how all these gems of information get slowly released :)

They're not ideal, but if it means I can actually use my g5 / make it site legal, I'll take it!

It'll be good to see how they release it, because the nozzle assembly is glued together so either they expect us to bath it in spirits and hope it comes apart or they'll sell it inside a replacement unit. It'll be kinda necessary if youre wanting to easily switch between cqb, carbine and marksman kits all the time too, if youre replacing the inner barrel too with those kits.

I would rather GHK just release a low power nozzle to alleviate the inconsistent NPAS.  If they don't do that, then going with a wide bore barrel is my next choice.  I got tired of the NPAS self adjusting throughout the day.  Of course I could blue Loctite it but that defeats the purpose of the NPAS.

I don't understand why a wide-bore barrel is your next choice over an NPAS ? Why not just make your own permanent "NPAS" mod to the floating valve ? :o

I use JBweld or acrylic to restrict flow though my rocket valves, works great, got one of my AKs down to 270 FPS and I dont have to feel bad about lighting people up close range, but put my vector right at 340 and my other AK at 395 ( just under indoor and outdoor limits, respectively), and it doesnt "re adjust" itself like an NPAS

Edited by TnL

Had her out in the field yesterday. Awesome little gun. Very loud, heavy recoil. Hopup seem to readjust a little over time.

It was like 24°C outside yesterday (that's around 75-80°F) On the field chrono, she had around 350fps. On my own chrono, measued at around 28-30° in the attic, she's < 330fps, both on abbey predator gas.

How much lower do you want to go?

Had her out in the field yesterday. Awesome little gun. Very loud, heavy recoil. Hopup seem to readjust a little over time.

It was like 24°C outside yesterday (that's around 75-80°F) On the field chrono, she had around 350fps. On my own chrono, measued at around 28-30° in the attic, she's < 330fps, both on abbey predator gas.

How much lower do you want to go?

Not sure who the question is directed to, but mine was firing at 360-70fps, which is too hot for my local site (350fps) and definitely too for those 330fps CQB limited sites. Anything 330 and below would be great.

Not sure whether my friends Xcortech chorono or my local site's Madbull chrono is wrong, but the latter insists its around 320-30fps, whereas the former puts it at the above fps, firing hot. Suppose i can't complain, at least its not the other way round!

Not sure who the question is directed to, but mine was firing at 360-70fps, which is too hot for my local site (350fps) and definitely too for those 330fps CQB limited sites. Anything 330 and below would be great.

Not sure whether my friends Xcortech chorono or my local site's Madbull chrono is wrong, but the latter insists its around 320-30fps, whereas the former puts it at the above fps, firing hot. Suppose i can't complain, at least its not the other way round!

The Madbull Chrono is wrong; That is a fact. Madbull Chrono's are well known for being utterly appalling, and about as consistent as edibility of burgers at festivals.

• Like 2

Hwagan is right there, madbull chronos do tend to be a bit mad. Xcortech ones tend to be pretty good and ours generally reads close to the skan we use as our main chrono. On propane i was getting around 340 today with mid 20's at a woodland site in the shade on an xcortech.

Good kick and pretty rangy with. 2s so just need to bed it in and get some more mags before decidingon what weight ammo to use.

B-)

Those 350 ish FPS were measured on a UFC chrono, the 320-330 on a Xcortec. I'd say, you're simply using the wrong type of gas. Abbey gas is made in the UK, don't tell me you can't get it there.

Or maybe something like Begadi medium Gas

Propane is my gas of choice. Green + Abbey gas are simply too expensive to run my GBBs with as a long term solution. If it fires hot on Propane, I'd rather find a way of restricting the flow than spend out on overpriced gas, but thats just me :)

I don't understand why a wide-bore barrel is your next choice over an NPAS ? Why not just make your own permanent "NPAS" mod to the floating valve ? :o

I have not had had good experience with modding floating valves, especially plastic ones.  Wide bore barrels work great at reducing FPS without sacrificing range or accuracy.

I have not had had good experience with modding floating valves, especially plastic ones.  Wide bore barrels work great at reducing FPS without sacrificing range or accuracy.

Did anyone actually get a wide bore barrel to try out / one they know fits? If the carbine kit comes with the option of not buying the inner barrel, I may just invest in a wide bore instead of waiting for an npas :)

Edited by Krydel

Just FYI, G5 takes standard AEG inner barrel, with stock one 200mm long which shoots around 75m/s on 152a duster gas with 0.25g BB.

I've since replaces it with Ra-Tech 275mm precision barrel, and now it shoots around 85m/s.

I've gone with tighter & longer barrel since I'm using weak *albatross* duster gas so the fps is well within the legal limit,

but if anyone's concerned about the fps increase with the carbine kit I'd definitely recommend using wide bore or just go with the stock barrel.

• Like 2

Cheers MH78 for confirming that the G5 takes standard AEG barrels. I had seen one review mentioning it but no confirmation so its good that you've actually done it!

I should get to chrono again at the weekend with propane so if it goes over at least I have some choices now.

Lastly, has anyone r-hopped one yet as this may be on the cards as most of my AEG's have been done and its worked well on those.

B->

To start, we need to know what size the bore is of the standard inner barrel.  If it is a 6.01, increasing to 6.08mm should drop you easily 20FPS.  However, a 6.03mm might as well...

I don't actually know myself, although as the RA tech precision barrel is 6.01 I would wager it was 6.03mm or similar stock.

Samoon's GHK spare part for it doesn't state the dimensions.

Edited by Krydel