GHK G5 First Impressions.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

If no one knows, then you would need to contact Samoon about the inner barrel ID unless you just want to assume 6.03mm. 

Samoon replied to my email telling me they are 6.04.

If it takes AEG barrels try ORGA 6.23 wide bore

I *think* somebody mentioned earlier it takes AEG barrels. I'll look into trying to source an orga magnus barrel in the UK. Cheers!

Do the G5 magazines work in any WA system GBB? if so how do they perform compared to prowins?

Don't use them in Vipertech's as the gas route will get chewed up by the nozzle.  Seems the gas routes are a tad too high for Vipertech's.

Samoon replied to my email telling me they are 6.04.

I *think* somebody mentioned earlier it takes AEG barrels. I'll look into trying to source an orga magnus barrel in the UK. Cheers!

Buy direct from theorga online shop. good service and fast hassle free shiping, even missed import duty.

I just had mine out yesterday and shot it, or at least tried to.

First up, I forgot the included speedloader in the box at home, and holy *suitcase* those mags are impossible to load without it!

Feed lips are tighter than a *something that is really tight* (use your imaginations fellas!), and then on top of that the spring is insanely stiff...

So, once I finally had some BBs in the magazines I went to fire it and it was jamming non stop. Single fire, one or two shots, then the bolt jammed. Full auto did not happen.

I am guessing the magazines have something to do with it due to the tight feedlips and springs. And perhaps also it needs a good cleaning and lubing.

Aside from the issues, when it fired it was awesome and accurate. We shot around 10 guns in total and this was our favorite, but due to the problems we had to put it to the side this time.

Oh well. Will have to look into it!

I have to say that the first few mags of test shots did see quite a few jams and lock ups but a bit of lube and a few more mags has seen it get much better.

Everyone ive passed it to have fired the first shot and then looked in shock and glee at the kick, followed by more blasts and a big smile.

Ive just picked up 3 more mags so now i need to decide what weight ammo to use once the hop has bedded in.

B-)

aside for the issue with the mag in the vipers, are any mods needed to use it in a magna system (non vfc) AR?  From the chinese forums it looks like modifications are needed

I've shot it with both WOC and the Masada Kit. Works fine in both. Like the older stanag-type GHK-mags you'll need to file down the sides a little because it's a really tight fit in the mag well. That takes about a minute

The pin at the rear on the lower can be punched out (takes some force) from left side to right side (pin is captive in the lower though) and then you can swivel it open from the rear!

To close it again you need to push the recoil assembly inwards in the upper!

Just a heads up that leaky mags have been a bit of a problem for some ranging from full on hiss to a slow leak you cant hear. My original mag was full on hissing this weekend and another guy turned up on site saying he'd had problems. A quick search has found a few posts and vids that show sliding off the baseplate and tightening up the 2 cylinders with an allen wrench has solved the problem.

B->

• Like 1

Just a heads up that leaky mags have been a bit of a problem for some ranging from full on hiss to a slow leak you cant hear. My original mag was full on hissing this weekend and another guy turned up on site saying he'd had problems. A quick search has found a few posts and vids that show sliding off the baseplate and tightening up the 2 cylinders with an allen wrench has solved the problem.

B->

From what i hear, "sliding off the baseplate" is more "apply hammer to baseplate" to get it off. Shall have to brave it with mine at some point, as i've one of those silent leaks :(

wasnt the long version mod supposed to come out in august?

Indeedy, but we're only half way through August!

B->

Emailed milspecsolutions about this - end of the month apparently! :)

---

Unrelated note, anyone ever had problems with retailers being funny about spares for guns if you didn't buy the gun itself from them? I've had 2 retailers be a bit cagey about me asking for spares then being quoted suspiciously high prices... I'm all for rewarding return customers, but it really irks me when this happens.

---

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=AZI-G5-SR Anyone used these? Seem a simple enough concept.

Edited by Krydel
  • Like 1

From what i hear, "sliding off the baseplate" is more "apply hammer to baseplate" to get it off. Shall have to brave it with mine at some point, as i've one of those silent leaks :(

Emailed milspecsolutions about this - end of the month apparently! :)

---

Unrelated note, anyone ever had problems with retailers being funny about spares for guns if you didn't buy the gun itself from them? I've had 2 retailers be a bit cagey about me asking for spares then being quoted suspiciously high prices... I'm all for rewarding return customers, but it really irks me when this happens.

---

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=AZI-G5-SR Anyone used these? Seem a simple enough concept.

I had to get a spare from LWA but it was the oppersite for me. They were great and I recieved the part in under a week. The only con was the postage price but thats not really a problem.

The way I see it is repeating customer or not you are still a customer and still spending money in store.

Picked one of these up today and my God! The only GBBR I would recommend anyone. FPS out of the box was 347 and after 4 mags of full auto it was sitting pretty at 330. The gas held out until the last 15 rounds of the fourth mag. Disassembly is as simple as simple Jack. Look forward to fielding this little blighter this weekend!

I was pretty interested in the GHK G5, but after handling my friends GHK AKMN (the new one), that people seem to love, I thought it was a massively overpriced piece of utter *suitcase*, and I'd rather have a WE with RAtech/hephastus internals, but thats beside the point....

ANYWAYS, hows the build quality/materials compare to what they did in the AKM? the nozzle on the GHK AK felt (and is) very brittle (broke after the first game), the bolt travel wasnt smooth, and the hopup didnt work, and subsequently broke

Edited by TnL