GHK G5 First Impressions.

Mornin All,

I was giving the G5 a bit of a clean this weekend and spotted a bit at the back of the lower receiver that has me confused. Id noticed before that after pushing out the pin the upper took a bit of effort to pull up and yesterday I spotted a metal spring clip that I cant see on the exploded diagram and also can t see on any pics i've seen of the internals.

20130826_134811.jpg

I think it was originally sitting vertically but wherever it goes it either gets pushed down or pulled up (and eventually off) when I lift the upper off so ive currently put it horizontal on the top which also stops the difficulty in opening up.

Any ideas?

B->

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

Would anyone be so kind as to measure their inner barrel? Its meant to be approx 200mm but would like an exact measurement so i can decide which replacement to get.

(forgot to mention I don't get mine back for a couple weeks still)

Edited by Krydel

Damnit. I want the DMR version with silver bull barrel :|

Isn't what they released pretty much the same but without the bullburrel + a cheek riser (which I hadn't seen on the bull burrel mock-ups)? So you'd only need to get this kit + the barrel, which also gives you more options to get whatever outer you wanna. I'm planning on making a two tone, multi-receiver gun from this. I wonder if the two colors plus a silver bull barrel will be too much though...

xGHK.jpg

Fox.

Yeah that's the model I am talking about. Where can I get the parts needed to build that ? :o

The outer bull barrel specifically that is.

It's just a standard G5 with  just the handguard from the kit, THIS scope (or the RS one if you can afford it), and the bull barrel. I don't know what threading it is, but there's plenty of bull barrels out there to choose from. I'll be building my thing in a month or two, so I am yet to decide on the specific outer. Maybe something like THIS but longer?

23tp3t0.jpg

Sorry about the delay and shoddy picture, my dSLR is packed away for my imminent move of house!

Fitted the kit with minimal trouble, aside from the fiddly-as-hell thread inserts falling out. A small bit of tape soon fixed that problem though. The kit itself is solid, with no creaks or wobbles if shaken. My only possible issue I might face is the small gap in the ris where the original bottom rail and the extended bottom rail meet, but fingers crossed it will be fine. I have an EGLM arriving early next week which should answer that question fairly rapidly.

The good news is the smaller barrel doesn't cause any problems inside the carbine kit, I half-expected it to hit the flash hider on the way out.

It feels so much more "finished" as a carbine length kit, there was definitely something missing in its tiny cqb form. You can get a proper grip and stabilize that kick with ease, with no loss of the fun.

If GHK make this 1J bolt and it chronos under 350fps with the longer barrel, I will have my dream gun!

Edited by Krydel