GHK G5 First Impressions.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

No I do not know how it is reinforced.. All I do know is that it is haha!

Maybe you could email Samoon and let them know your situation

Free (well, i had to pay $17 shipping, but that's nothing really) reinforced lower receiver on the way! Pretty sure that the spare lower receiver i ordered a couple weeks ago will be the same thing because they simply quoted me for the same part number as that one, but having another spare reinforced lower receiver can't be a bad thing! Let me know how you get on transplanting the trigger internals.

Also picked up the 1J bolt/nozzle whilst i was at it. Not bad for $37 all in.

There is talk of me removing the lower rail / the lower section of the carbine kit's body in order to fit an EGLM on. Cue dremeling and filing...now to work myself up to butchering the poor thing.

23tp3t0.jpg

Sorry about the delay and shoddy picture, my dSLR is packed away for my imminent move of house!

Fitted the kit with minimal trouble, aside from the fiddly-as-hell thread inserts falling out. A small bit of tape soon fixed that problem though. The kit itself is solid, with no creaks or wobbles if shaken. My only possible issue I might face is the small gap in the ris where the original bottom rail and the extended bottom rail meet, but fingers crossed it will be fine. I have an EGLM arriving early next week which should answer that question fairly rapidly.

The good news is the smaller barrel doesn't cause any problems inside the carbine kit, I half-expected it to hit the flash hider on the way out.

It feels so much more "finished" as a carbine length kit, there was definitely something missing in its tiny cqb form. You can get a proper grip and stabilize that kick with ease, with no loss of the fun.

If GHK make this 1J bolt and it chronos under 350fps with the longer barrel, I will have my dream gun!

EGLM will not fit. It needs a 'deep' rail such as on the SCAR not a flush/shallow rail.

Cooldown resistance on the GHK is better. On my (Properly cleaned and lubed) MP7, the nozzle is a two-part system and sticks. On the GHK, from what I can tell as it's a WA-pattern GBBR it has a one-piece nozzle. Correct me if I'm wrong on this; but it doesn't reciprocate as the bolt travels at least. I'm guessing this means there's one less point of failure. ROF isn't that much lower after rapidly firing 3 mags either!

Range is the same as my MP7. I haven't fired enough to test accuracy yet but once I've got some .3s I'll be sure to let everyone know :)

Screw the haters, I'm going to HK slap this thing all the time. So fun!

Build quality is amazing. On the carbine kit I accidentally used a screw in the wrong place, which caused the plastic body to be warped and extruded if that makes sense, towards the outermost rail. The plastic had begun to turn white at the stress line and I was worried I'd messed the body up. As soon as I removed the screw the plastic returned to its original shape and does not flex at all. Considering the plastic was thin at that point I would have expected it to snap.

Recoil is definitely approaching .22 levels - More than the MP7, which has a pretty hard kick already!

The magazines, as others have said, are great. Solidly built. I did have a tiny leak but silicone oil fixed this.

• Like 1

Cooldown resistance on the GHK is better. On my (Properly cleaned and lubed) MP7, the nozzle is a two-part system and sticks. On the GHK, from what I can tell as it's a WA-pattern GBBR it has a one-piece nozzle. Correct me if I'm wrong on this; but it doesn't reciprocate as the bolt travels at least. I'm guessing this means there's one less point of failure.

Not sure what you mean by this, and I've never handled or disassembled a TM MP7, but the G5's bolt/nozzle assembly works the same as every other GBB in that the nozzle is able to slide in and out of the bolt, and does so during cycling. The nozzle stays seated in the hop rubber momentarily when the bolt starts to recoil (so that the gas can keep flowing from the mag), and is pulled back into the bolt by the return spring just before the bolt goes all the way back.

It's just a particularly well-designed gas system that performs really well.

Not sure if that's what you meant?

Edited by Stuey
  • Like 1

Not sure what you mean by this, and I've never handled or disassembled a TM MP7, but the G5's bolt/nozzle assembly works the same as every other GBB in that the nozzle is able to slide in and out of the bolt, and does so during cycling. The nozzle stays seated in the hop rubber momentarily when the bolt starts to recoil (so that the gas can keep flowing from the mag), and is pulled back into the bolt by the return spring just before the bolt goes all the way back.

It's just a particularly well-designed gas system that performs really well.

Not sure if that's what you meant?

You're right - When I was looking at the nozzle I didn't notice that it was two-parts, blame me looking at it at 2 in the morning after a long shift!

My new addition to the g5. Solves the incredibly uncomfortable stock pistol brick *cough* grip problem I was having. Looks a bit funky but is incredibly comfortable and a slightly better angle on it.

Also have fitted the azimuth speed nub and it gives a very satisfying thud when using the charging handle now. Yet to be able to fire to see the ROF difference but shall do soon.

My new "reinforced" g5 body and 1J bolt should arrive Monday so thats something else to fiddle with :D

P.s. note the crack towards the rear of the lower receiver. Its a shame, hasn't even been skirmished. Will see whats "reinforced" on the replacement as my spare receiver I got a month ago is exactly the same so hoping reinforcement is a very new addition.

post-81984-0-44466300-1381004542_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krydel

My new addition to the g5. Solves the incredibly uncomfortable stock pistol brick *cough* grip problem I was having. Looks a bit funky but is incredibly comfortable and a slightly better angle on it.

One of the best AR-styled grips on the market, although I think the BCM Gunfighter one fits this gun much better.

Fox.