GHK G5 First Impressions.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

Any update on the "reinforced" body?

Has anybody changed the hop rubber/nub to try and solve the over-hopping?

"The Depot" indoor site near me has just banned any BB's over .25g, as they say they are unnecessarily painful on opponents for CQB. It is a large site, so accuracy at range is still very important.

Soooo tempted to buy one of these.

Just picked up one of these yesterday. Im using .25g bbs. I had to turn down my hop to get it shooting straight. I'm not sure how much I can turn the hop down but I won't be using anything other than Bioval .25g BBs in these so for what I'll be using it for, it's perfect. I have backed up the hop far enough as .25g bbs lost some range. 

The gun shoots well. No complaints about performance.

The gun is pretty solid. The only thing I didn't like was the material holding the back tab of the upper receiver where the rear receiver pin goes through to hold the upper receiver in place is pretty thin. I'm not sure how well it will hold up if the gun gets banged around some. Kinda reminds me of the KJW M4's upper receiver tab.

Bolt catch was being fiddly....wont lock back reliably on empty when the gun is pointing upwards at an angle or downwards at an angle...bent the arm that the mag actuates and voila. Fixed. I also sanded/smoothened out the finish on the bolt catch...

Second g5 came in today. Was mainly after the mag. Gun was on sale and I liked how the one I got performed so I picked up a second one...each one set me back about $233 after tax/shipping. 3 spare mags cost another $150 after shipping.

So for a GHK G5 and 3 spare mags... $388. Still costs about the same or less than a KWA LM4, AKG74, and a KRISS V without spare mags. At this price point, its pretty hard to beat considering how well the gun performs out of the box.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

post-13421-1383192435519_thumb.jpg

As per the front page news, DMR kit is out! Only in black for now it seems. But since it is listed specifically as black I hope the silver bull barrel kit will arrive shortly!

Getting one for sure!

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GHK-KIT-G516-BK&search=special&rs=GHK G5&catid=&cat=&view_choice=c

image33.png

Edited by NonEx

$203 before shipping outside California. $233 out the door with tax/shipping included.

I was pretty dang impressed with it that I picked up a second one...just to have. The gun is very well rounded. Least with my unit, I would go so far to say as it rivals my TM MP7A1 GBB in terms of accuracy and range...

The GHK G5 is the gun to have for this year. It has virtually no weak point and its cheap to boot. Just remember coupon codes and such.

For those who have issues loading the mag with bbs because of the super tight feeding lip on the magazine...you guys could break em in by loading it constantly...or do what I did. I busted out a round tipped diamond bit and rounded the feed lip where bbs would be loaded. I didn't do much...

Posted Image

I did enough just to help the bb get pushed in. Did the mod to a 5 of my magazines and they are all pretty easy to load now. Maybe it also helped that I ditched the manual loader with the adaptor and rigged the adaptor to be used with a tm tube/rod loading tool.

Posted Image

I etched a line which indicated when the tube had already reached the 38rd capacity.

My red dot is zeroed in and them .25g bbs sail to it consistently.

To be honest, I was on the fence with how the gun looked. Its the readings I have done and videos I have seen that pushed me to finally get one of these. There weren't a lot of photos with attachments and such on it which did little to make me get one. Then there was Arnies forums being down which led me to hop on the home page that said 30% off on all guns at airsplat. Then I remembered the G5. Rest is history.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Was looking at an RA Tech version the other day and this just might be the next one.  B)

I don't think it's justified. I don't see why you'd want the steel bolt carrier, or RA precision parts. You're much better off getting your own inner and bucking and calling it a day.

Fox

I don't think it's justified. I don't see why you'd want the steel bolt carrier, or RA precision parts. You're much better off getting your own inner and bucking and calling it a day.

Fox

I was impressed by the gun as a whole. It just so happened that the model i got to to try was a RA Tech one.

I'd do the tightbore barrel and new bucking myself. The barrel length closest to the stock length is the one for the TM G3 SAS which comes in at 208mm vs. The original length of 200mm.

The stock inner barrel protrudes out of the outer barrel by about 1cm I believe.

Theres also the tightbore barrel for a TM M4 PMC which is at 185mm. That length wont protrude out of the outer barrel. In fact, it may be 5mm+ short of the tip of the outer barrel.

I don't have the exact measurements right now so im just giving ball park figures.

You can opt for a longer inner barrel and then just hide it with a suppressor for higher velocity. Or get one of those two lengths I mentioned if you dont feel like cutting a barrel of your own.

I am probably just going to have a friend cut down a KM 6.04mm TN barrel cut down to 200mm for me so I can put the barrel to use. Its just laying around in my room and the only other AEG's I have that are worth installing a tightbore barrel into has Prommy 6.03's in em. So I'll use what i have ...save that $60...and put it towards a 6th mag. Hmmm. BRILLIANT!