GHK G5 First Impressions.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

Any more follow up on testing? Also I had a discussion on another forum as to whether the hop rubber was s standard AEG or something special as the other guy reckoned it was some weird proprietary one in the ra-tech upgrade he had whereas Samoon insisted it was a standard AEG. So which version Maple Leaf did you get?

Cheers

Nat

B->

Stock is standard AEG.

Only difference of the GHK bucking to a normal one was the hop mound is a square. Nothing special.

The Maple Leaf is pretty good, takes a while to break in to get consistent results though.

Range is excellent and accuracy to boot. A worthwhile upgrade for me.

• Like 1

Ive got the reinforced body, will post a pic later if I remember.

Not changed the rubber yet but since when was there an overhopping problem?

A couple of friends use .25's with their G5's and have no issues.

The depot are obviously a bunch of pussies. :P

Any chance of getting that pic posted...I'm curious as to how they went about this!

Posted Image

Photo wont load the right way :(

Installed a 60° Maple Leaf Hop Bucking/ Nub Set with the Prometheus 6.03mm x 208mm Tightbore Barrel in my G5.

Gotta set my hop and test it tomorrow morning. Oddly enough, I seem to have gained fps over my other stock G5 with this set up.

Previous result with just the Prommy barrel install resulted in a 3-8 fps loss compared to the stock G5.

Why 60°? I was expecting a lower fps output. I didnt want a super hard bucking though honestly, the 70° and 75° ones did not feel too hard. Depending on how well this works, I may buy the 75° one as the material isnt plasticky like the Guarder 70° hard bucking...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

So what's the problem with the stock bucking anyway?

I just got my gun (actually one lower and two uppers, CQB and DMR), and I broke a W hold and a Madbull blue in it, seems they are too thick and the BBs got stuck and destroyed the bucking lips. The gun seems to work quite well with the stock bucking. Haven't gamed it yet, but I can tell it runs fine.

Fox

Got to shoot the maple leaf bucking the other day. Shot a few hundred rounds to set the hop/ break it in some. Results were better than stock. It wasnt a huge improvement over the stock (stock parts are good to go!) but it was an improvement none the less.

Next on my to tinker with list...my ghk aks74u. This sucker is definitely not ready for heavy use. Metal shavings coming from the material off the bolt keep appearing. I gotta smoothen contact points between the steel parts and the bcg. Hop doesn't want to budge without a lot of pressure. Mags are a pain to load. All these are currently being adressed. Unfortunately, I dont have photos of it when it was brand new a few hours ago. Now its got work done to it. I may do my own writeup for this gun...meh. off topic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

post-13421-13851998187963_thumb.jpg

Next on my to tinker with list...my ghk aks74u. This sucker is definitely not ready for heavy use. Metal shavings coming from the material off the bolt keep appearing. I gotta smoothen contact points between the steel parts and the bcg. Hop doesn't want to budge without a lot of pressure. Mags are a pain to load. All these are currently being adressed. Unfortunately, I dont have photos of it when it was brand new a few hours ago. Now its got work done to it. I may do my own writeup for this gun...meh. off topic.

If it helps any, I found the WE speedloader really good for loading GHK mags - The tube type with the push down insert that loads about 15 rounds. If you can find one of those, they make loading GHK GBBR mags a fair amount easier!

Keep forgetting to post this, standard receiver right, reinforced left:

syLb9JF.jpg

Also uses a different pin for the stock, seems to be smaller on the lower portion and needs a c-clip to be held in.

Like the tan ones. Apparently, the tan G5s could be considered a sort of "Gen2" gun, because the receivers don't have that stupid metal piece (on the wider part on your reinforced receiver), and the pin is held with a C-clip. These reinforced receivers are nothing more than black versions of the tan ones by what I can tell (I have both tan and black receivers).

Fox

Wow. That is pretty darn beefy!

Are you guys using those Azimuth Recoil/Speed Rubbers? They cost 1USD. Those should keep receivers from breaking...no?

Reppy...I have those said metal clips for the middle piece. They also glued a small piece of plastic on it. I'm sure someone will be able to post a pic up. I'm at work right now so its a no go for me.

Anyone else have trouble with the buckings? I just mangled up a stock TM, the problem is at the lips, they just get chewed up and break. Hasn't happened with the stock ones, but I don't know if it will too. The TMs are really thin anyway, so I was surprised when my gun jammed, and I checked and it was the bucking for the third time.

I broke a W Hold, a TM, and a Madbull blue. The W hold and Madbull were on a Prometheus barrel, so I thought that might be the problem, but I broke the TM on the stock barrel...

Fox

Edited by Fox62

As I mentioned before, I had issues with the green g&g hop bucking in my g5. It'll shoot the first bb chambered manually...the next shots would be a dry fire...followed by the bb rolling out of the barrel. It was odd.

I stuck the stock bucking back and voila...problem solved.

I got curious about the maple leaf aeg bucking and when the shop had it in stock...I had to try it out.

How many rounds did it take for those buckings to go on you?

No issues with my maple leaf bucking in the G5 yet...i have to put more bbs in the air through that gun.

BTW fox, with the stock hop bucking and nub...at zero hop setting...do .20g bbs overhop? I tinker with gas blowback guns a lot and I make adjustments/modifications as I see fit. On both my G5's, I noticed that on zero hop... the .20g bbs I have overhop. Upon closer inspection...the zero hop setting still allows for the hop adjustment arm to push down on the nub/bucking. Sanding the arm down allowed for me to have zero hop on the zero setting. Yes, hop bucking specs differ across brands which affect gun performance.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py