GHK G5 First Impressions.

What fps are you getting out of your 105? I got an akm on the way but I kinda want another one...

According to my UFC crono its 360-370 FPS with 0.2 BB. I was also wondering if it is worth getting the Hephaestus/A+ hop-up modification but I haven't seen any report on those.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

I was looking into those myself. The hop packing looks like it extends into the feed ramp! That makes the loading smoother as rubber is flexible compared to thr plastic lip on the hop chambers opening that the bb bumps into on the way to being chambered. With the tightbore barrel upgrade comes fps gains however...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

damn... the whole airsplat 35% off is tempting me... dropping it to sub $200 levels...

Just as a heads up to anyone who might be tempted.  I gave in to the Airsplat/G5 temptation and ordered a few days ago, and they only shipped me 1 of the 3 spare magazines I ordered (They changed the order without telling me).  After talking to them on the phone, they said that they were out of stock on the spare mags, and expected them in about 6 weeks.

I wish airsplat had a real time inventory page. Some sites do.

Airsplat sent me the other spare g5 mag I ordered from them. I think im good on mags right now. Got two G5's and a total of 6 mags between em. My plate carrier only allows for 4 spare mags to be carried.

th_b7135351-5ba2-4dbf-b13a-6d7455eb20eb_

Field day with the GHK G5. First game in a couple of months me thinks.

Decided to clean up my gun and found some residue on my barrel. I think the BBs were actually catching onto the end of the barrel where it enters. My shots were very consistent that day though but I'm not a fan of BBs clipping the barrel so I stuck the stock inner barrel in the gun.

Upon inspection, the stock GHK inner barrel's end (where the bb enters) is tapered compared to the Prometheus barrel's end. I'm guessing that GHK did that so the BBs do not clip that part of the barel. 

I did gain as much as 15 FPS with the Prometheus 6.03mm tightbore barrel and the Maple Leaf Monster Hop Bucking.

Another thing that I noticed is that the lip on the Maple Leaf hop bucking is that its more tapered than the stock GHK hop. That means it has room to flex some when the BB gets chambered. Again, not a fan of that.

While I like the FPS and accuracy benefits of having the tightbore barrel and maple leaf hop bucking, I'm not a fan of the bbs clipping the barrel and leaving residue which means my barrel will end up getting gunked up..by how much, I have no idea...and I have no intention on finding out. I will be modifying my Prometheus barrel so its tapered where it should be. Until I get around to it, I'll be sticking with the stock barrel for the time being.

My personal advice...leave the stock barrel/bucking in the gun. They perform very well and should not give you any issues.

I fired the real thing today...CZ Scorpion Evo and it was awesome!

Nice and ergonomic. Looked damn good.

I want me a G5.....unfortunately Prague has been more expensive than I had planned, so funds are tight.

Edited by Ryaw

WGC are now taking pre-orders for the G5 in multicam - $399! Spare mags and Carbine/DMR kit also available with MC water transfer. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure it'll be somebody's must-have item.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/content_page.php?search=searchItem&rs=ghk%20g5&skeyword=ghk%20g5

• Like 1

It takes em a while to ship out. With deals like the one they are doing...I think people are just buying a cripeload of stuff from them.

I ordered a GHK AK74 Mags from them on November 23. I got my order November 27.

I ordered a GHK AKM from them on November 25. I got my order  December 2.

I ordered another GHK AKM from them on November 29.....shipping label was created November 30...No tracking updates yet.

I ordered a GHK AK105 from them on December 3....shipping label created today, December 5...like the previous order...No tracking update yet.

Marui not releasing anything nice and me being bored led to buying 4 GHK AK's. I'll have a total of 8 AK74 Mags for the AKS74U and AK105....and 7 AK47 Mags for the two AKM's. Yes, there's a reason why  bought two GHK AKM's...lol.

Airsplat is in California. So am I. Usually, ground shipping takes 1-2 days.

I'm sure they are bogged down with TONS of orders.

yeah it must have been the volume of orders. No one can really beat that kind of deal for the ghk g5 so I'm glad i got a day job to keep me busy during this wait! 

I'm still waiting for the marui hk45 and possibly USP series GBB but other than that, my ebbrs are slowly converting to these Gbbrs.  The next on my marui bucket list is the 870 thats currently available. 

If I'm impressed with this g5, i may follow in your footsteps and pick up an ak :P 

Haha. Between the akm and the 74u...the 74u is better.

For one, mag capacity...48 vs 38. I'd rock the ak74 mags in the akm...but its not the right look...just me being picky.

About the g5. Should you have bolt lock issues, just bend the arm on the bolt lock and you wont have any issues.

Leave the gun stock btw. The bucking/barrel upgrades I had dont showed marginal improvement...not worth itfor the cost really. That and I'm being picky about things like how the parts fit and are constructed.

Make sure you picm up an azimuth speed recoil buffer as the two black ones I got had the metal clip and not the reinforced version of the lower receiver. Helps with the rof as well...

I'd say thats the one worthwhile upgrade for the gun...costs $1...plus shipping.

Can't stop yearning over the G5. Everything I've read about it seems so positive. It's like I NEED it, but reality reminds me how skint I am and that I've already got very capable, quality guns.....albeit not a GBBR.

Surely it's not really anything that's going to amaze me.

I think, like when I tried the TM MP7 GBB, getting to shoot this thing first will make or break my decision. Very rare gun here though.

Can't stop yearning over the G5. Everything I've read about it seems so positive. It's like I NEED it, but reality reminds me how skint I am and that I've already got very capable, quality guns.....albeit not a GBBR.

Surely it's not really anything that's going to amaze me.

I think, like when I tried the TM MP7 GBB, getting to shoot this thing first will make or break my decision. Very rare gun here though.

The G5 is a really nice platform, the recoil is awesome and the gun shoots really well (I've had WE and traditional WA based, and consistency and cooldown/cold wise this gun smokes them). Specially if you don't have other GBBRs, this is quite the OotB gun to get!

Sell one of your other very capable guns :P

Fox

• Like 1

Make sure you pick up an azimuth speed recoil buffer as the two black ones I got had the metal clip and not the reinforced version of the lower receiver.

Which metal clip do you speak of? I have a black one, as well as the reinforced tan but I'm not sure what you are referring to?

Unless Airsplat has restocked, they have neither tan nor black mags (I initially asked for tan mags, as I decided to go with the tan G5).

i ended up ordering some tan mags from Evike and they showed up today.  Even though I ordered my G5 a few days before (and was told it had shipped before I placed my Evike order).  And the Airsplat order still hasn't gone anywhere with it sitting on "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" since the 26th

Got both GHK AKM's from Airsplat. My GHK AK 105 is stuck in UPS a few minutes away. Delivery for it is scheduled for Monday.

Turnaround time it seems is about 1 week. Airsplat is in California...so am I.

They are dealing with a load of orders I'm sure.

I wish that they had a real time inventory for their website so there aren't any surprises/let downs with orders.

Too bad they're out of mags. I kind of want some more.... Maybe I'll pick up some more AK74 mags instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So just being curious with the shipment today, i checked on the status of the order and found this message: The sender has voided the UPS tracking number created for this shipment. UPS does not have possession of this shipment

Before, it showed electronic info received. I ordered it on December 02 and this update was yesterday (according to the void date). Along with this, I never received  notifications of any type through email or phone number provided.... So what does this mean? 

Odd. Ive never seen that before either. Im guessing airsplat still has it. Label created december 2....so ups was expecting it to be picked up. One week later, it hasnt been picked up...thus the status update you got.

I got all my ghk ak's. My 105 now has the standard length outer barrel. The akm has the 105 front end (waiting for the m4 stock adapter and ras kit). Unfortunately, my AK project will most likely stall as the seller of the home I sent an offer in on....accepted my offer. Big purchase of the year...a house.

I have too much stuff right now. Thinking about selling some....

Posted Image

GHK G5's....theyre in there somewhere. Lol

• Like 1