GHK G5 First Impressions.

Can some one on here who has the carbine kit say if it was worth it and/or what benefits it gave ?

In a couple of weeks time I'll be in HK, and having seen the 'export' prices there, and having read much of this thread (at 19 pages not sure I'll ever get to read it all) plus the recent GBBR buying advice thread, I'm rather tempted, but would also be looking to use it as a field gun as well as CQB.

@DrAlexanderTobaco - wish I'd become interested in the G5 before we met at The Mall as I could have asked you about yours over lunch.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

dapprman, no worries because I'm here now! :P

I have a carbine kit on mine. I did not install the longer barrel that comes with it, because I was happy with the range and performance etc; so the kit was entirely for aesthetic reasons.

This is entirely subjective of course, but it makes the gun much more comfortable to hold for me; especially with an AFG on the end. I have long arms though, soooo.

Blow back function for reloading of the next round. Just replace it with quality ones, If you remove one of the orings it will not cycle reliably.

PT, That's odd as I could fire off several shots without that gray O-ring. I'll test it again on a full magdump.

PT, That's odd as I could fire off several shots without that gray O-ring. I'll test it again on a full magdump.

Well like i said for it to cycle reliably, it just happens that your second O-ring is giving enough seal on it but it will not last. What i did in mine was fit it with a high quality, slightly fatter O-ring.

I took mine marshalling with me yesterday. These things are insane! Mine was chronoing at 320 on a warm day with Abbey Brut gas. I stuck an H nub in there and it's sending .28's miles! I had a slight issue where the barrel wasn't straight out of the box, but that's been fixed now. Overall I'm very impressed. Works much better than my Bomber M16 which is doing 200 fps. :(

• Like 1

If I do pick one up in HK (or get from Samoon), is it worth getting the 1 joule nozzle at the same time ?

Depends. But the gun does tend to go dangerously close to 400s FPS with a good inner barrel/bucking combo. And around the 450s if you run it with the carbine kit. So it really depends on your field limits.

I took mine marshalling with me yesterday. These things are insane! Mine was chronoing at 320 on a warm day with Abbey Brut gas. I stuck an H nub in there and it's sending .28's miles! I had a slight issue where the barrel wasn't straight out of the box, but that's been fixed now. Overall I'm very impressed. Works much better than my Bomber M16 which is doing 200 fps. :(

It makes an ideal marshal weapon as it doesn't weigh a ton!

B->

• Like 1

Possibly dangerous question, but is anyone in the Watford/Uxbridge area about to put an order in with Samoon ?  Just picked my G5 up from Guns & Guys in Hong Kong, but they only had the 16" carbine kit and no 1 joule nozzle.

if you are still in HK, check out WGC or UNCO, I know both definitely have the 12" kit in stock.

I can't remember where else around Wong Wa street I saw the G5 and extras, but I got a good deal at Guns and Guys, plus a few of the others were expensive.  I initially wandered round on Good Friday, then again non Easter Monday, so some shops were closed.  Landed back early hours this morning.

Might post pictures later - I'm going for the all black look - got the G5 plus 3 spare mags, going to get the 1 joule nozzle, 2 more mags, and the 12" carbine kit for it, plus a Magpul AFG2 - the only plaved in Wong Wa that appeared to have one was closed each time I looked.  Fired off a magazine once I got back - 347 FPS first shot, then 317 for the next 3 (consistent) at about 12-14 degrees with WE green gas (which does seem to be weaker than other green gases).  Oh going to get a propane adapter as well.

I can't remember where else around Wong Wa street I saw the G5 and extras, but I got a good deal at Guns and Guys, plus a few of the others were expensive.  I initially wandered round on Good Friday, then again non Easter Monday, so some shops were closed.  Landed back early hours this morning.

Might post pictures later - I'm going for the all black look - got the G5 plus 3 spare mags, going to get the 1 joule nozzle, 2 more mags, and the 12" carbine kit for it, plus a Magpul AFG2 - the only plaved in Wong Wa that appeared to have one was closed each time I looked.  Fired off a magazine once I got back - 347 FPS first shot, then 317 for the next 3 (consistent) at about 12-14 degrees with WE green gas (which does seem to be weaker than other green gases).  Oh going to get a propane adapter as well.

Did you go to WGC? Its at a nearby building called Park In Commercial and at 14th floor. You can test fire the new GHK M4.

ETA: According to WGC, the 12" kit will be discontinued leaving only the 16".

Edited by johnyew

Did you go to WGC? Its at a nearby building called Park In Commercial and at 14th floor. You can test fire the new GHK M4.

ETA: According to WGC, the 12" kit will be discontinued leaving only the 16".

I didn't.  Before I went to the area I chekcked online and they were out of stock of the G5.  I wanted to get all together and then post buying just the gun and mags I got side tracked.  Having said that Samoon were cheaper on most the prices I saw in HK and none of the places I had looked at had the 1 joule nozzle in stock so I was always going to have to put an order in.