GHK G5 First Impressions.

@ sacairsoftsn00py:

Do you know if this new 416c wire stock might fit the G5?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-hk416c-style-stock-416aeg-p-7548.html

Thought about it. I think the hinge joint will keep it from allowing for full adjustment. Otherwise, it should work. I may try it on mine.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

I didn't.  Before I went to the area I chekcked online and they were out of stock of the G5.  I wanted to get all together and then post buying just the gun and mags I got side tracked.  Having said that Samoon were cheaper on most the prices I saw in HK and none of the places I had looked at had the 1 joule nozzle in stock so I was always going to have to put an order in.

DId you manage to go to a game while you were here?

Well used mine in anger for the first time today.  I found

1. First shot when chrono'ing the gun resulted in the back of my torch flying off (good job I had another with a stronger back as I was part doing CQB)
  2. The battery latch of my Eotech clone would gradually work loose resulting in the batteries being disconnected (who needs a red dot anyhow when your first shot has gone down stream)
  3. Some of my mags (all new) would not take more than about 24/5 rounds at first, and even by the end of the day some were still only accepting 28

However - had a blast, loved it.  Just wished I'd either bought more mags from Guns and Guys when I got the G5 or had ordered more from Samoon.  Most the mags are now taking 28-32 rounds and there's enough gas for two loads without any apparent drop.  Oh and the accuracy of the thing without even touching the hop.

1. First shot when chrono'ing the gun resulted in the back of my torch flying off (good job I had another with a stronger back as I was part doing CQB)
  2. The battery latch of my Eotech clone would gradually work loose resulting in the batteries being disconnected (who needs a red dot anyhow when your first shot has gone down stream)
  3. Some of my mags (all new) would not take more than about 24/5 rounds at first, and even by the end of the day some were still only accepting 28

However - had a blast, loved it.  Just wished I'd either bought more mags from Guns and Guys when I got the G5 or had ordered more from Samoon.  Most the mags are now taking 28-32 rounds and there's enough gas for two loads without any apparent drop.  Oh and the accuracy of the thing without even touching the hop.

Test your mags with different 'duration' of gas fill. Try a 5second gas fill from empty versus a full fill and you'll see that there's a diference especially the first shot.

While we're on the subject of GHK mags, whats the deal with the Magic Gel? Whats the science behind it? Anybody use it yet?

BTW, I use a 1kg electronic scale to weigh my mags when refilling in the field. Not the big one as shown in teh Samoon video but a smaller portable one that fits in an M4 mag pouch.

Glad you enjoyed it!

To fix the Eotech problem, what you can do is cut several layers of tinfoil to put between the battery and the contacts. Of course, make sure the tinfoil doesn't connect both batteries together!

It means the batteries stay a little more snug.

Glad you enjoyed it!

To fix the Eotech problem, what you can do is cut several layers of tinfoil to put between the battery and the contacts. Of course, make sure the tinfoil doesn't connect both batteries together!

It means the batteries stay a little more snug.

Only catch is - and my real worry, is that the front will shake off as the latch opened fully.  Still could be worse - when I went to chrono it I had on a cheap ASG torch - the marshal fired one shot and bits went flying all over - initially I was worried I'd not secured the mag properly until I realised that the recoil had literally blown the back off the torch unit with the batteries flying out after it ... :fear2:

My carbine kit arrived today and is now fitted, so here's my 'baby'

WpTfiz3.jpg

Note - for reference for anyone thinking of installing the carbine kit and like me needs instructions, here's a link to the pictures posted by Samoon on their Facebook page (FB account required).

Oh should add - not installed the 1 joule nozzle (yet).  With WE Green Gas before hand I recorded (on a Xcortech 3200 with 0.2g) 335, 335, 317, 317, 317.  Post 354, 352, 345, 345, 345

Edited by dapprman
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there guys,

i'm thinking about getting one of these awsome guns.

I couldn't find many negative things about the G5 in this thread and was wondering, what those of you think who have it for quite some time. Are there any drawbacks regarding the G5 or is it still running like champ?

I read earlier in this thread about the EGLM fitting on the G5. I searched google like a maniac for pics of the G5 and found tons of it. But none had the carbine-kit combined with an EGLM. That would be really interesting to see. If someone happens to have a picture of said combination, i would be soooo happy ;)

Best regards

You can't put an EGLM on a G5 carbine without modifying either the launcher or the gun. It's kind of hard to explain, but the mounting section on the EGLM is raised at the front, which basically means you can't have a rail extending beyond the front of the EGLM. You can mount the EGLM at the very front of the G5, but then IIRC the built-in magwell blocks the G5 magwell (and it looks stupid). So if you want the EGLM in the right position, you have to either cut the bottom rail on the G5, or grind down part of the EGLM.

Edited by Stuey

Hey there guys,

i'm thinking about getting one of these awsome guns.

I couldn't find many negative things about the G5 in this thread and was wondering, what those of you think who have it for quite some time. Are there any drawbacks regarding the G5 or is it still running like champ?

I read earlier in this thread about the EGLM fitting on the G5. I searched google like a maniac for pics of the G5 and found tons of it. But none had the carbine-kit combined with an EGLM. That would be really interesting to see. If someone happens to have a picture of said combination, i would be soooo happy ;)

Best regards

Gun is still running beastly. Keeps running very well in the cold, even on full auto.

I'm having trouble getting the gun at the FPS I want though. I'm running the carbine kit and an aftermarket barrel (so I had to get the 1J nozzle), and the thing won't vary FPS very much, even with longer/smaller diameter barrels than the stock one (with the stock nozzle the FPS jump sky high with a longer after market barrel). However, I run it as a DMR type of gun, so I use .40s, and to really hop them beautifully you need AT LEAST 350 FPS and a decent bucking. Then again, if you run .30s and under, you have nothing to worry about, the hop up on this gun is great.

Fox62

you have to either cut the bottom rail on the G5, or grind down part of the EGLM.

So that's why no picture of that are to be found.

The bottom rail is part of the carbine-kit, isn't it? I wouldn't mind grinding down some of the railspace of the front part to attach the EGLM.

Keeps running very well in the cold, even on full auto.

That's the main reason behind my intention of buying this gun.

With the german-gun-laws, we can't have FA on anything that shoots higher than 0.5J, but that only has benefits for GBBR-players, like no AEG-spraying 400 rounds out of a highcap :D

So on semi-auto i don't think i can possibly run into cooldown issues with this gun.

I'm really looking forward to getting this.

What FPS are you aiming at?

So on semi-auto i don't think i can possibly run into cooldown issues with this gun.

I'm really looking forward to getting this.

What FPS are you aiming at?

Nope. There's a RedWolf Airsoft video where they leave the mag in the freezer overnight and then the gun chronoes consistently right after taking the mag out (alas understandably at lower FPS), the mag being well below the 0ºC mark (about -5 to -10).

I'm looking at the 400 mark. Although I'm pretty sure this has to do with it being winter over here, and I'll be spot on in the summer. I have two receivers and I share the bolt carrier, so it's quite difficult to get those 330 FPS for CQB on the lower and around 400 FPS for field on the upper with the same guts (just different bucking and barrel).

So that's why no picture of that are to be found.

The bottom rail is part of the carbine-kit, isn't it? I wouldn't mind grinding down some of the railspace of the front part to attach the EGLM.

The bit of the rail you have to chop is the carbine kit yeah, so worst case you've ruined the kit rather than the G5 receiver. You could do it and have it look really neat.

I'm looking at the 400 mark. ....

....so it's quite difficult to get those 330 FPS for CQB

But it is possible to get the G5 carbine to shoot in the 330 FPS range? Would be nice with .28 to have around 330 FPS for a 1.5J limit on the Fields around me.

@Stuey:

The bit of the rail you have to chop is the carbine kit yeah, so worst case you've ruined the kit rather than the G5 receiver. You could do it and have it look really neat.

Thanks for the heads up, i think i will go with that and see where it'll take me. I've heard rumours of the carbine-kit beeing discontiued. Better grab one fast, i think.

Considering the pretty hard recoil, what kind of optics do you use on your g5s? I could imagine the Eo-Tech/Aimpoint/whatever clones may break sooner or later due to the kick...

Edited by Hanfritter