GHK G5 First Impressions.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:   And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 durin

So with  GHK G5 in my hands its time for a quick first impressions. This will be a bit of a wall of text as my camera was not paying ball, nor do I own a photo studio like just about everyone on the A

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, yes the plastic trigger is a little bit curious, but it works as hell!

I made a new video with english subs for solve the big default of the kit, the disassembly for maintenance:

I already made two gameplay video with this wonderfull kit!

• 1 month later...

I forgot to share you some pictures of my new paintjob:

u0O3qv.jpg
IxX4hy.jpg
LyFhMT.jpg
47JwQJ.jpg

And even if it's not 100% linked, I finished my new loadout video with which main gun? The SRU GHK G5 of course! You can see the G5 during some "action moment"
Edited by Vasriotaep
  • Like 4

I recommend my new video for the newbies and for that persons who want to buy a GHK G5. I collected my experiences with the G5 which you need to know/do before you want to use it on the battlefield.

I talk about the issues and know fixes on the gun - lower receiver, FCG, BCG, hopup system, aluminium bolt carrier, magazine. The video is really long but I hope you will get a lot new informations.

I recommend my new video for the newbies and for that persons who want to buy a GHK G5. I collected my experiences with the G5 which you need to know/do before you want to use it on the battlefield.

I talk about the issues and know fixes on the gun - lower receiver, FCG, BCG, hopup system, aluminium bolt carrier, magazine. The video is really long but I hope you will get a lot new informations.

Thanks for your video.. Haha to be honest though if I saw that video before seeing other people's views and experience with the G5 the many issues and small issues you show would have put me off buying one and stopped me wanting one.. But I'm going to try not to let the video put me off

:)

When you lower receiver was cracking did you have the 1st Gen or 2nd reinforced gen?

Also on the upgrade CNC aluminum bolt carrier, as its much lighter, how much does it lower the strength of the recoil?

Strong recoil was a lot of the appeal to me for this gun, if it turns the recoil weak I don't think I would want it..

All the best, Marc.

Edited by Marc.RG1

The Gen2 lowers also can break, sadly. The original bolt has around 250g weight and the aluminium is around 100g, you can imagine the differences.

I also have reviews about aluminium bolts, check them. We tried a sightly cracked lower with alu bolt carrier, it will worked for a while. :)

Basically the alu bolts get better RoF, gas usage and the lower won't break anymore. It is a hard decision because you need to choose the recoil against the lifetime/fast-monster. :)

For example I replaced the bolt carrier in my GHK PDW because the lower receiver deformated. After 5 years of heavy usage the rear part of lower receiver (where the stock hinge is) bent. The is a 1-1.5mm gap between the lower-upper receiver which wasn't there when I got it. In good weather the G5 mags has high pressure in them that is why the bolt kick really hard - like a 9mm SMG.

Edited by Batmause

The Gen2 lowers also can break, sadly. The original bolt has around 250g weight and the aluminium is around 100g, you can imagine the differences.

I also have reviews about aluminium bolts, check them. We tried a sightly cracked lower with alu bolt carrier, it will worked for a while. :)

Basically the alu bolts get better RoF, gas usage and the lower won't break anymore. It is a hard decision because you need to choose the recoil against the lifetime/fast-monster. :)

For example I replaced the bolt carrier in my GHK PDW because the lower receiver deformated. After 5 years of heavy usage the rear part of lower receiver (where the stock hinge is) bent. The is a 1-1.5mm gap between the lower-upper receiver which wasn't there when I got it. In good weather the G5 mags has high pressure in them that is why the bolt kick really hard - like a 9mm SMG.

Hi batmause,thanks for the fast and helpful reply..

Hmm thanks for the info, I will try not to let the Lower receiver still being able to break on the new versions stop me buying it, as you probably know it's either going to be the G5 or the WE scar H gbbr that I buy, both have good and bad points but I think I can do more with the G5.

I have about 5 months before I buy one anyway so I'm hoping to test both before I buy..

I am a subscriber to you channel and I must say I think you deserve more subscribers then you have,, would it be possible for you to add subtitles to more of the videos you have done?.

I would love to know exactly what your saying on all your videos including the scar videos etc.

I too have a YouTube channel, and if your able to add English subtitles to your other videos, I will give you a shootout on my channel too, and hopefully put some more subscribers your way..

As for the recoil on the G5 it does look quite strong, which was one thing I liked lol but I would not say 9mm rifle strong, I shoot a lot of real steel firearms at gun club including 9mm assault rifles, and they have a good kick, not as much as say a 357 or 45 but still quite strong,, to me the G5 looks like it has roughly the same or a little less recoil as a lot of 22lr rifles, it looks similar in recoil strengh to my nephews colt m4 22lr maybe a little less, the scar h recoil strength is close to a 22lr..

I don't mind if the G5 doesn't have very strong recoil, but as long as I can feel it that's all that matters, lol I don't want it feeling like an AEG or an electric blowback, they are not my thing, so I would get the alpha bolt carrier or the action one, at a later date, as it will make the rifle last longer.. I'm shocked that the alpha cnc bolt carrier is cheaper then the original ghk one though..

Thanks again for your help mate and it's nice chatting to you, don't forget to let me know if you can add subtitles to your other videos and we will work something out, I look forward to seeing more or your videos too.:)

ATB, Marc..

I used to repaired both of them - G5 and SCAR-H. They are totally different but both of gun is good for DMR or for a standard carbine.

There was two big issue with the SCAR-H.

- The biggest problem with the SCAR-H was the lower receiver-magazine fitting, the magazine had a lot wooble and that is why the nozzle oftne can not load the BBs - because the magazine has a tiny angle and the nozzle hit the BBs back to the magazine and not out from the feeding lip. I took some JB Weld to the lower and filled back/down to make the magazine contact perfect, this repair took 1-2 days. 

- The other, more flustrating issue, is the auto-sear bar holder. It is a strange issue because the SCAR-L has the totally same part (shinny zamak part which holded by a screw) but in the SCAR-Hs it will break after 1-2 mags on auto. To solve this issue, I redesigned this part to make it fit perfectly and possible to replace to a stronger part -  https://www.shapeways.com/product/XSM8J4TWJ/we-auto-sear-holder-v1-3?optionId=58880653.

- I also replaced the hopup rubber and the inner barrel - A+ Rectifier + Modify TAN rubber -, and when I tested the gun, it shoot 550 FPS (from 510 FPS) and it was damn accurate on 50 meters. Sadly the new hopup system isn't TM-compatible so if you want to swap the hopup rubber, you need to buy a new barrel too. The new hopup system has different inner barrel with short-window.

- Basically the SCAR-H handle the cooldown issues very well but it wasn't good on full auto, as the most of WE GBBRs - thanks for the delayed firing pin design. You can use it in cold weather too but the G5 is more and more better in cold weather - if it is a standpoint. The SCAR-H also has few available replacement parts by YSC, RA-Tech and other companies but I do not recommend to replace the inner part without malfunction or damage.

Yes, one day I will do more subtitles for my videos but it takes a lot time. Sadly, my videos are really long because I share really detailed informations - hopefully, I had a lot experiences with GBBs and GBBRs.

The GHK PDW has more stronger recoil as the G5, it is possible to using with CO2 too - it's a beast, really. I totally agreed with your experiences about recoil strong with the G5 - .22lr. At this moment I doesn't like the realfire arms, they are damn expensive in my country and airsoft is clearly good fun...

Edited by Batmause
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody

For this gun loadout, I will show you my main gun, a GHK G5, with all its features and modifications. I will thus be able to show you the accessories that I have chosen to install, but also the changes made to improve the reliability of the gun or performance.

I hope you will enjoy this video because it asked me a lot of work and more, I don't speak about the video installation ;)

Link:

Here is the list of items installed on my GHK G5:

-Caméra Foxeer Legend 2: http://www.foxeer.com/legend2.html

Good viewing.

I collected few useful information about GHK G5, check here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/gbb-hungary/knowledge-ghk-gbbrs/814832675354289/

Under the hyperlink, you will find more infos about GHK M4, GHK AKs too.

Basically a very reliable replica. Out-of-box with a minimal effort. It’s durable for using.
General – Simple downgrading
  • Drill the neck of the nozzle, put a M4x6 set screw to the hole. Then strengthen with epoxy next to the screw.
  • Adjustable nozzle for DMR set in G5: Minimum 220 FPS, maximum 445 FPS.
  • On the older nozzles, the factory put a bearing behind the floating valve. Lately they make two kind of floating valve: flat, gradual.
GHK G5/M4 magazines – Feedlip problem
  • The feedlips needs a modification for easier loading and dumping. At the BB output point, with a round needle file. Frontwise, not from above! Just a little bit enough, test with soft BB’s. The overfile makes malfunction to the feedlip. For example: Pop out the BB, double feed.
  • Photo manual: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1832599426982766&type=1
GHK G5 – Out-of-box
  • Remove the nozzle stopper, deburr it with a needle file, then adjust the bore of the nozzle stopper.
  • Bolt carrier, crosshole polishing, „the more accurate is the better!”
  • In the Bolt carrier, remove the „lizzard tail”
  • Polishing the bottom part of the bolt carrier, the more accurate is the better recommended. Hammer contact!
  • Polishing the hammer – bolt carrier contacting surface, the more accurate is the better!
  • Inside the bolt carrier, there is a plastic guidance. It’s not neccesary to polish, but if you want better performance it’s recommended.
  • The Hopup depressor need to change, in my opinion the solid Madbull is the better. Attached to the blue rubber.
  • Feedlips modify, for easier loading and dumping. At the BB output point, with a round needle file. Frontwise, not from above! Just a little bit enough, test with soft BB’s. The overfile makes malfunction to the feedlip. For example: Pop out the BB, double feed.
  • For winter use, recommended the aluminium bolt carrier. So you can simply play in cold weather.
GHK G5 – Muzzle velocity:
  • Normal nozzle + CQB barrel: 320-340 FPS
  • Normal nozzle + Carbine kit: 355-370 FPS
  • Normal nozzle + DMR kit: 400-430 FPS
  • High-flow nozzle + CQB barrel: 130 MPS
GHK G5 – Barrel length:
  • Standard: 200-225 mm
  • Carbine: 300 mm
  • DMR: 410 mm
GHK G5 – Lower reciever cracking
  • Never shoot with folded stock!
  • Never use CO2 magazines!
  • Never use gas more than 16kg! Stronger than green gas or propane. Neither winter gas!
  • If the „rubber ball” falls out from the spring guide, immediately replace it!
  • In summer heat, the lower reciever smoothly cracks. Because increased temperature, higher pressure. Recommended the aluminium bolt carrier.
GHK G5 – Aluminium bolt carrier, what should i know about it?
  • Due to its smaller weight, protects the lower reciever from cracking.
  • Also, the smaller weight will increase the firing speed around 1100-1200 RPM
  • Due to reduced weight, gas consumption is drastically improved. In winter, you can use your weapon much more than the usual. In summer with one charging, you can shoot 6-7 mags on semi. On full auto, you can shoot immediately 3 mags with one charge!
GHK G5 – Aluminium bolt carrier. Which one?
  • Action: Nice processing, black anodized finishing. At the bolt catch there is no steel inlay, good fitting.
  • AlphaParts: The processing is „okay”, painted finishing. At the bolt catch there is no steel inlay, good fitting. Sometimes the nozzle spring fixing thread is drilled lean, and not cleaned. Never screw in the manufactured nozzle spring fixing bolt, firstly check the thread with a longer bolt (there is not lean, there is no sliver etc.). In case of poorly drilled thread, needs a one size larger drilling up.
  • Creation: Good processing, black anodized finishing. At the bolt catch there is steel inlay, good fitting.
  • RA-Tech: Made of steel, heavier, AVOID FROM AFAR!
  • Recommendation: Since the Action and the Creation are difficult to find, the Alpha Parts suggested. If somewhere you find Creation bolt carrier immediately buy it!
  • Comment: Don’t use the Azimuth Speed Buffer with aluminium bolt carrier. There is a good chance of malfunctioning because the increased firing speed and feeding problems.
  • Comment: With aluminium bolt carrier, and early cracked lower reciever, you can use your gun. The experience so far is 3-4 games. The cracking continued the other side, but don’t crack off so far.
GHK G5 - Alpha Parts aluminium bolt carrier
  • It could happen that the nozzle spring fixing bolt thread, on the bolt carrier is made poorly.
  • The thread drilled lean, or there is a lot of sliver.
  • Never screw in the original bolt by force. Always check with a longer bolt. If its a little tightens at the beginning, don’t continue. Drill up, thread again!
  • If the thread good, there is no problem, you can use it.
  • Pictures of the bolt carrier: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1800796426829733&type=3
GHK G5 – Charging handle
  • In case of strong impact it can easily break.
  • Remanufactured Hephaestus aluminium charging handle is the best solution.
  • If you use carefully the original is good too.
  • Installation guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stQ14MQUOwY
GHK G5 – DMR-kit
  • It’s uses the maximum of 410 mm standard AEG inner barrel.
  • In case of standard nozzle the FPS is around 400-420 with this set.
  • Installation guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B94VDbiveo
  • Missed tricks from the video: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1832601283649247&type=1
  • Missed from the video: You can put a centering O-ring to the inner barrel! With an 5x1 stretched O-ring makes a perfect fitting with some silicone oil. With this method, you can have an absolutely wobble free barrel. You need to install this at the final of the assembling.
GHK G5 - Carbine kit
GHK G5 - M4 stock adapter
  • Stock adapter are given to every replica, you just need to buy a tube.
  • 3d printed folding stock adapter is exists. Designed by a guy at foreign GHK group.
  • Installation guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFcSAaQC8DI
Edited by Batmause
  • Like 2