New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

To be honest, Having owned both ACM clones, and Original Marushin M500's, they may be similar, but the sum of the parts is just not quite the same.

Theres something the ACM manufacturers never got quite right. If you rack a marushin, it sounds like a shotgun. If you rack an ACM, it just sounds like some metal knocking together. I dont know why this is. maybe materials?

IM sure there will be clones of this new TM. If they could clone the original springers, then theres no reason the same companies couldnt, or wouldnt clone this one too. Not that I want a clone. I would rather have the original Marui. Usually the benefit of marui clones is that they are full metal out of the box. That isnt a concern this time though.

What *is* a concern to me though, is whether or not it will explode on Green Gas. While it had seemed that newer maruis were more then capable of it, those exploded Mp7's I saw at work kind of give me pause. Not that its an issue to run duster. If I buy it on ebay its cheaper then Green Gas by quite a lot. But my worry  is about that sub-200 fps with the 6 shot mode.... that seems far too slow.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys don't get it. My calling for a cheap china clone is not to wallow in its cheapness. No, I want to tear its heart out for the worthless filth that it is and toss it in the fire until it is nothing but dust. There I will imbue in it all my power and dark magics and from the ashes give rise to a newer, better shotgun with only the limitations of my imaginings as its boundaries. IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

I will not be hacking an expensive Marui shotgun to pieces to try stuff with. I would have no problem bodging up a chinse clone though :)

I am actually properly excited about this release - shotguns are just plain cool!

Its kind of insane how long the shotgun market really just stagnated with nothing really useable since the Marushins. It really goes to show how little innovation there really is in airsoft, with all these companies just shoehorning antiquated V2 gearboxes into any obscure flavor of M4 they can find and calling it the next biggest thing.

Meanwhile, a good shotgun is and always was the king of CQB. But hey, cant cram a V2 in a shotgun =p.

What ever happened to those Keltec shotguns that whoever the heck company was making? Im sure it was just gonna be a springer but at least it looked cool.

Tm mags / guns leak as well !

Do they? Mine only leak when I neglect to maintain them. Anyway he was referring to the ACM M500 which, as he correctly implied, leaks like a sieve until you take it apart and sort it out.

Tbh im still a bit in awe of this TM shotgun. It looks like it will be the holy grail of airsoft shottys.

Gas

Metal

Pump Action

Multi Shot 3 - 6

Takes shells yet does not eject them

Easy to reload

Large gas capacity

Uses current TM shells

Perfect balance between airsoft and realism!

I agree with this man. This is literally exactly what is needed from an airsoft shotgun, very excited personally.

You do know that isn't a universal constant right?

Where I'm at right now, propane is doing 160psi. If I left a can out in the sun it will shoot to 180.

http://virtualmark.net/wx/pressure.htm

edit:

And before you go "but you live in the goddamn tropics", look at the location of the guy who asked it.

lol. You are awesome. 

My P* reg can easily be adjusted. so ~100psi sounds reasonable. 

Now I just gotta find a way to convert the mags over to HPA. I might just call up CaptainBingo and see if he can do it :)

It might need modifications to the buttstock, but I have no problem with that :)

The modification is going to consist of unscrewing the magazine's fill valve and screwing in a remote lead instead. Your problem is going to be feeding the remote line out of somewhere that isn't the buttpad; if you're not averse to modifying the gun (and it doesn't sound like you are) I'd disconnect the magazine system altogether and run the remote lead directly and somewhere more convenient.

Yeah. Running it out the buttpad doesn't seem palatable due to the awkwardness of how I would have to hold it. (IE to not pinch the line) 

Maybe drilling a small hole out the bottom of the stock would work better. 

On another note, I love these forums. Not even 10 days after they announced this gun is coming out and we are conniving on how to convert the newest piece of kit over to HPA. lol. 

To be honest, though you will have to tap out the mag or gun for hpa, I would be more concerned with higher pressures blowing the gun apart, Lets not forget that the Mp7 nozzle literally shatters after using green gas.

I would wait a good while to make sure that it is in fact safe to run at higher PSI before attempting to switch the gas system to one with a higher pressure. Theres a fair chance it might just break the gun.

A GBB nozzle can shatter for many reasons. One of them is that it's hitting several parts on each shot. If it hits those parts too fast or too hard... boom.

There shouldn't be that kind of interaction between parts in a shotgun without blowback.

WGC are still asking $234 for the TM Super 90 (full fat version), so when you consider the cost of building a metal gas gun with a quality gas magazine that's a surprisingly low price.  I just hope the body-barrel joint is really solid because I'd rather pay an extra $50-100 to ensure the rigidity is there long term.  But the EBBRs have been solid in my experience so I'm feeling positive.

Archived