New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, though you will have to tap out the mag or gun for hpa, I would be more concerned with higher pressures blowing the gun apart, Lets not forget that the Mp7 nozzle literally shatters after using green gas.

I would wait a good while to make sure that it is in fact safe to run at higher PSI before attempting to switch the gas system to one with a higher pressure. Theres a fair chance it might just break the gun.

I can always run it at the same pressure as duster gas with the regulator I have. (~80 psi and lower if needed)

The fact that it is NBB means that there arent going to be as many parts that might explode, but you do have a good point :)

I'm not sure.  I asked a while ago and they weren't taking on any new work.  Captain KK didn't seem to indicate it wasn't possible.  Worth a try again though I suppose.  Thanks for reminding me.

TM just uploaded their pamphlets from the hobbyshow http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/event/hobbyshow/201305/.

Something interesting on those, the m870 pamphlet shows that the hop up bucking for that s of a new design.

Translated directly:  W hop up bucking . This is on the PDF, where it says SECRET http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/event/hobbyshow/201305/pdf/M870Tactical.pdf

I'm confused, how some there are two product specifications for the 870? 

One is heavier, and shows 4+1 instead of the 30 shots like the one on the left...? Is it a real-steel to airsoft comparison? Instead of 6mm BB and Hop Up it says 12 something, Gauge I guess. Either a RS comparison, or they're making a model gun etc.

870_zpsee4643af.jpg

Yes its just a real steel comparsion, they always do one in their gun manuals. And im pretty sure the W just stands for "double", as they called it double hop up packing on the show.

Wrong, what they said on the show was the triple chamber system. I recall nothing about a new bucking.

The M870.................first thing I'm doing is getting rid of that fugly scope rail (red dots on shotguns? Up there with Magpul furniture and "tactical" sliding stocks when it comes to lack of taste IMHO :lol: ), then it's HPA conversion, real-steel stock and grip (and I really do not care how long it takes me to modify them to fit!), Trak-Lock Ghost Ring sights, and a custom magazine tube extension and then its sorted.

Luckily, I have most of the parts I need already :D

Absolutely not, propane at room temperature has a vapor pressure of around 105PSI. Here's a link:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/propane-vapor-pressure-d_1020.html

Gases are affected by temperature as well as atmospheric pressure . So dependant on your height from sea level the pressure can vary a lot .

Wrong, what they said on the show was the triple chamber system. I recall nothing about a new bucking.

Well I didn't remember but in

video at 1:09 he says "double hop up chamber packing" and all I got from his gestures that there are two buckings in a row per barrel. No I don't understand japanese. :P

video at 1:09 he says "double hop up chamber packing" and all I got from his gestures that there are two buckings in a row per barrel. No I don't understand japanese. :P

That's weird, so 3 barrels, 6 buckings? How does it feed on 3 shot? If it feeds 3 in, would they go through 2 hopup buckings?

Haha I dont care really, hooking this up to a HPA reg and owning in CQB for it :D

Here's a partial transcription of that:

rep: - This time there are two hops, so even in 3 or 6 shots mode hop is applied. This time the chamber has two concurrent*.

rep: - It's quite a blind spot** but this way  even in 3 or 6 shots bbs will fly away with hop.

*: I really didn't get what verb did he uses and there is too much noise. Some of the japanese members could clarify this really quick.

**: I don't know how else to translate this.

I just rechecked the pamphlet, on the lower right part of the 2nd page you can read "double hop up" , referring to applying hop to both 3 and 6 shot modes and patent pending (same as the W hop bucking thing). I guess you were right.

I stand corrected, thanks for making me recheck that video.

red dots on shotguns? Up there with Magpul furniture and "tactical" sliding stocks when it comes to lack of taste IMHO :lol:

No.... there's a reason why people run red dots like doctor sight / delta point in competitive shooting, or cheaper less tacticool brand red dots for hunting, it's not really a cosmetic or taste thing... it's just more practical, and unlike call of duty, shotguns don't spread very much in typical airsoft range even with birdshots, which means TM's probably replicated the spread pattern reasonably well for that sort of distance... not to mention slug shots exist and goes beyond 100m hence why people mount optics on them.. until they start making a version with blued finish and wood furniture and stick a RIS on them, there's nothing wrong with a rail on what is clearly a replica of a tactical 870. 

My understanding is it (M870) has 3 barrels and 3 hop chambers. The chamber and hop rubber will be different from the previous tri-shot system as it would have two sets of nubs in a row per hop rubber. Setting the lever on 3 shot engages the extra nubs so that they effectively block the chambers to seat only one bb per chamber. With the lever on 6, the extra nubs are lifted so 2 bbs are allowed to seat per chamber.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS SHOTGUN SOUNDS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

If it had been any other company ICS, VFC, Maruzen or Marushin I would be very apprehensive about it but because it is coming from TM and it looks like they really have done their homework to create somthing that may well become 'the be all and end all' of airsoft shotguns! I am in awe of the new hop units they have jammed in!

I havnt been so excited for a new airsoft gun in some time.

Lets hope the price isnt too bad!

Whos going to pre-order from the first place that lists it or wait for a UK release?

I ask because I used to import everything as it did mean a considerable saving, but now its almost the same especially with many UK stores offering warranties

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS SHOTGUN SOUNDS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

If it had been any other company ICS, VFC, Maruzen or Marushin I would be very apprehensive about it but because it is coming from TM and it looks like they really have done their homework to create somthing that may well become 'the be all and end all' of airsoft shotguns! I am in awe of the new hop units they have jammed in!

I havnt been so excited for a new airsoft gun in some time.

Lets hope the price isnt too bad!

Whos going to pre-order from the first place that lists it or wait for a UK release?

I ask because I used to import everything as it did mean a considerable saving, but now its almost the same especially with many UK stores offering warranties

Imma preorder it once I get money haha. 

Gas-in-stock VSR, anyone?

Mehhh. KJW M700 gas in mag systems work pretty good.

A gas in stock VSR would be interesting as well. 

Archived