New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, I thought the sound thing is really lame when I first saw it, but if it works with any guns and has some sort of sensor somewhere on your body that picks up the sound of an AEG which it plays a gun sound instantly when it's fired, I'd actually not mind this feature to be implemented if it's able to somehow work with a Sordin (or clone) as well...

I would splice it into a 40,000W stage sound system, like the ones we use at work.

Would make for interesting games when people'd have to plug their rifles to speakers for more realistic firefight sounds... :P

Or sound effect system to make it sound like a 155mm howitzer.

You know what, I thought the sound thing is really lame when I first saw it, but if it works with any guns and has some sort of sensor somewhere on your body that picks up the sound of an AEG which it plays a gun sound instantly when it's fired, I'd actually not mind this feature to be implemented if it's able to somehow work with a Sordin (or clone) as well...

Exactly what I was thinking. When i saw him pick up the m4a1 with no attachment, i was thinking of the possibilities. But man, i wish there was some way for us to judge the sound from our computers at home lol. Anyone work up the script for the video yet? :P maybe i should start learning some japanese

So it's not connected to anything? does this mean TM is selling the actual "sound system" that can be used with any aeg? somehow it detects the piston moving or something? There's no mods you have to do beforehand? It looks like the aeg was made back in 2006 lol. 

Double hop chamber IMO means

--- _ -------------- Normal hop

--- _ ------------- Normal hop with BB chambered (still with me? Good!)

O

--- _ -- _ ------- Double hop

--- _ -- _ ------- Double hop with 3 BBs chambered (one per barrel)

O

--- _ -- _ ------- Double hop with 6 BBs chambered (two per barrel)

O.... O

This is the way i'm seeing the system, that way it's easy to solve the shot selector problem since it's basically double feeding on purpose.

Had to edit this because of emoticons, put the dots in the last one to create space.

I'm pretty excited about the m870, looks like it won't cost totally ridiculous money and provided it's bug free will pretty much be the most practical skirmish shotty you can imagine while retaining things that look like shells, YAY!!! I know people keep going "But this isn't exactly the model I would have wanted!" well, ok but they have to start somewhere, I'd personally prefer a wooden furniture m870 but I'll settle for the tactical version. The 40mm system looks interesting, will have to see how that performs before passing judgement. The gun sound system seems to be very much targeted at a Japanese market for range shooting, I seriously doubt Marui intend this to be used in skirmish or even particularly to sell it anywhere other than Japan where access to real firearms is heavily restricted, this would give something of a real range simulation, I can't see it catching on anywhere else in any kind of major way.

Double hop chamber IMO means

--- _ -------------- Normal hop

--- _ ------------- Normal hop with BB chambered (still with me? Good!)

O

--- _ -- _ ------- Double hop

--- _ -- _ ------- Double hop with 3 BBs chambered (one per barrel)

O

--- _ -- _ ------- Double hop with 6 BBs chambered (two per barrel)

O.... O

This is the way i'm seeing the system, that way it's easy to solve the shot selector problem since it's basically double feeding on purpose.

Had to edit this because of emoticons, put the dots in the last one to create space.

agreed, thats how i see it as well. i wonder if you get more hop up on the BBs in 3 shot mode over the 6 shot mode? 

Nah, read renegadecow's post about the double hop, it's more like this (not sure ShinSeiki's way would work physically)

--- _ _ -------   '3 shot' mode engaged, both hop rubbers down so only one BB will fit in each barrel

--- _ _ -------   '3 shot' mode with three BBs chambered (one per barrel)

O

--- _ -------   '6 shot' mode engaged, one hop rubber lifted so two BBs will fit in each barrel

--- _ -------   '6 shot' mode with six BBs chambered (two per barrel)

O O

I'm pretty excited about the m870, looks like it won't cost totally ridiculous money and provided it's bug free will pretty much be the most practical skirmish shotty you can imagine while retaining things that look like shells, YAY!!! I know people keep going "But this isn't exactly the model I would have wanted!" well, ok but they have to start somewhere, I'd personally prefer a wooden furniture m870 but I'll settle for the tactical version. The 40mm system looks interesting, will have to see how that performs before passing judgement. The gun sound system seems to be very much targeted at a Japanese market for range shooting, I seriously doubt Marui intend this to be used in skirmish or even particularly to sell it anywhere other than Japan where access to real firearms is heavily restricted, this would give something of a real range simulation, I can't see it catching on anywhere else in any kind of major way.

I like the tactical version more hehe. The idea of being able to drop a basic reflex sight on a gas trishot M870 makes me so happy. :)

Exactly what I was thinking. When i saw him pick up the m4a1 with no attachment, i was thinking of the possibilities. [...] So it's not connected to anything? does this mean TM is selling the actual "sound system" that can be used with any aeg? somehow it detects the piston moving or something? There's no mods you have to do beforehand? It looks like the aeg was made back in 2006 lol.

If it's not connected to the gun physically, I would guess it's using wireless (2.4Ghz/BlueTooth or similar) to trigger the receiver. A system that 'listened' for shots would be much too prone to false positives from other, similar noises.

Really like the look o that shotgun. I've been the same as most other people I think in not buying one before because there was no system I really thought was practical. This on the other hand. Can carry soooo much gas in one fill. Does anyone plan to run it on propane?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Really like the look o that shotgun. I've been the same as most other people I think in not buying one before because there was no system I really thought was practical. This on the other hand. Can carry soooo much gas in one fill. Does anyone plan to run it on propane?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'll be running it off of green gas exclusively, as I do all my Marui gear.

Is it strange that I'm actually feeling restless waiting for this to be released? If I'm like this now...how bad is it going to be waiting for the courier? :(

Archived