New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

ohh my goodness...I cannot wait for that shell-loading S&W m29....

So, you're OK with a springer?

Hyperdouraku mentioned something how the double-hop system wasn't "perfect" or something...when the guy was slam firing, the number of BB's that enter the chambers aren't consistent and can't keep up with the slam firing speed. Maybe that's causing the dropping BB's?

You're correct, they comment that the feeding is somewhat inconsistent when slam firing.

Here are the barrels on the shotgun. I wonder how they manage 2 hop chambers if there are only 3 barrels....

app-019203700s1368673524.jpg

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think he means will these shoot bbs like the springer tri shots. theres no telling yet, but id guess yes. in the 3 shot mode, it will probably look very similar (not that its a bad thing) but in 6 shot mode, you'll probably see slightly shorter range and a greater spread pattern.

i think he means will these shoot bbs like the springer tri shots. theres no telling yet, but id guess yes. in the 3 shot mode, it will probably look very similar (not that its a bad thing) but in 6 shot mode, you'll probably see slightly shorter range and a greater spread pattern.

It would be a good thing IMHO for there to be a 3 and 6 shot mode. If you are doing some sub 20ft room clearing, the 6 shot would be more effective. 3 shot can be for longer distances. 

lol, it was probably an engineering nightmare for marui to figure out the tri shot system. i don't think it would be possible for a single arm to properly load 5 bbs into 5 separate barrels.

would be cool though.

How about a part exchange?

My heart in exchange for your kidney and $340 on top. Tempted?

Done. That way I'll have 2 M870's and a spare heart! ;)

I too have figured out exactly what mine will be like too ;)

So have I. Does anyone know where to buy one of those badass pointy things that go on the end of shotguns?

TM usually recess the barrels a bit to hide them, so in theory it should work the same as a standard Tri-shot - Cut down the outer barrel, re-attach the front sight, go round the brass ends of the barrels with a black sharpie.

With the gas nature of this gun it means if someone started making tighter and longer barrel to fill the full length there'd be a good amount of fps increase.. although, if this doesn't blow up on green gas (which most TM guns don't), then it might already be shooting pretty powerfully 

All I can think of with that M320 is a TM M79. Imagine a full stock of gas, and full length barrels with hop ups. That would mean like 70+ shots per fill, and I bet with a hop in each barrel you could get the 18 BBs out to 50m or so. Also, I really hope someone makes some wood for that 870!

I literally have a vice and hacksaw on stand by ....

Kensworth that sounded semi adorable like you are giving Hwagan your heart because he is so *fruitcage* Kawaii desu.

stopit.png

Damn you! I've been wanting to say that only knowing that less than a handful will get it.

Now back on topic,

IMAGINE IF TOKYO MARUI STUCK THIS MECHANISM INTO A KSG!!!

Kidneys, kidneys everywhere.

If that happens, I will literally poop rainbows and stardust.

I think given the reaction expressed here, its only fair that a few of us give the shotguns wood...

That shotgun is giving me wood.

So want a pistol gripped one though, nothing says legend like a short shotty hip firing round a site.

'FireKnife'

I'm painting my TM M870 midnight blue with stars all over it and a big moon on the stock.

Are the magazines the same as the M3/SPAS12 shells? I've a heap of those and I don't see the point in having two seperate types of shells.

Even with the 6 shots it's still got a nice tight spread, how a proper shotgun should be!

PS, My TM 870 will be converted to a shorty to fit in a violin case. Wood furnature of course.

I'll probably run it off external gas instead of trying to fit a gas tank into the tiny grip, they had gas tanks in the 30s right?... right??

Archived